• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reported Polling Results Biased For Hillary?

What is left to say?
(blackface photo)

That is not Bill and Hillary Clinton.

The first clue would be this:

Hillary Clinton has blue eyes. The woman in that photo has brown eyes. (easier to see in higher-resolution copies)

So, no. Nothing more needs to be said, because you've just proven that you people really will just unquestioningly accept everything negative you're told about the Clintons.

Yes there is always a bias in the media toward the Republican nominee.

However the latest polls other than one out from Rasmussen all have Trump trailing Hillary. Not only that, state polls show Hillary kicking Trump's arse.

People are jumping off the Trump Train.

Over this past election cycle, it's been pointed out again and again how the media's given Trump literally hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of free air time. Doggone near every day, the MSM is showing this or that interview with Trump...whereas they've been doing little for Hillary except for reporting on scandals.

So whatever your opinion may be concerning bias or the lack thereof, the actions of the MSM has been strongly in favor (willingly or no) of Trump.

You may both have a point on that. I'm not going to be the one that says you don't. But still. I think that in Trump's case it's not a case of 'any publicity is good publicity'.

Re: Reported Polliung Results Biased For Hillary?

Are we doing this again this election? Republic ans used the exact same excuse 4 years ago to claim that Romney was not actually behind in the polls. Turned out the polls where right...

On the plus side, it made Election Night 2012 one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Let them "unskew" the polls again this cycle. Maybe we'll get an even more epic meltdown this time.

Reality is biased in favor of Hillary Clinton.

:lol:

Reality is biased in favor of Hillary Clinton.

:lol:

Reality was biased in favor of Al Capone, till some bureaucrat remembered taxes. ;)

WTF?

Tell me again how the news media is unbiased? :roll: I really need to hear it again, maybe this time I'll believe it. :roll:

Well, at least the electorate isn't being fooled by this obvious display of bias in the Biased Lame Stream Media.

The American Stinker and other rightbloggers really need to stop pretending to understand scientific polling. They shat the bed at it in 2012 and are doing the same now.

Polling firms "oversample" Democrats because of electoral trends, not whiny notions of bias.

The American Stinker and other rightbloggers really need to stop pretending to understand scientific polling. They shat the bed at it in 2012 and are doing the same now.

Kobie, friend. You have to understand that these people don't understand polling. Hell, Trump himself doesn't understand polling for the same reasons global warming deniers don't. Trump suggested he didn't know why he wasn't winning in the polls when he went to rallies and saw thousands of people. In other words, Trump can't understand how he can have thousands of supporters in some places and still be losing in what are nationally conducted polls. This is like a guy who says global warming isn't happening because it's cold in some places.

You can't reason with that type of logic. Just hope it doesn't get its hands anywhere near the WH.

Point one: I listen to what the candidates have to say...and what Donald Trump has to say indicates he would be a poor choice even for high school class president.

Point two: I listen to what the candidates have to say...and what Donald Trump has to say indicates he would be a poor choice even for high school class president.

Point three: I listen to what the candidates have to say...and what Donald Trump has to say indicates he would be a poor choice even for high school class president.

Point four: Well...I'm sure you get the picture.

Yes, no substance. Can't think of any Hillary accomplishments to make her the better candidate, you're just a Hillary guy.

We all get the picture.

Hell, Trump himself doesn't understand polling for the same reasons global warming deniers don't.

So you get your information about Earth's climate changes from polling data?

I think it's different than last time. Did the media polls purposefully distort the standings last time, such as they've done here?
They might have, but I don't recall them doing so last time.
So this is not 'the exact same excuses'.

I'd just as soon have honest and accurate polls that are using sound methodology. Wouldn't you?

Add to that...the opinion pollsters were not going out of their way to over poll democrats in 2012. In the last several days, they have, with the exception of Rasmussen. one pollster polled 52% of dems and 39% of republicans. Ofcourse hillary's going to look ahead in that poll. That was the one that had her 12 points up.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066029968 said:
So you get your information about Earth's climate changes from polling data?

If you'd bothered to read that entire post instead of one sentence you'd understand why you're wrong.

Add to that...the opinion pollsters were not going out of their way to over poll democrats in 2012. In the last several days, they have, with the exception of Rasmussen. one pollster polled 52% of dems and 39% of republicans. Ofcourse hillary's going to look ahead in that poll. That was the one that had her 12 points up.

Have you considered the possibility that there are currently more people identifying as Democrats than Republicans?

Kobie, friend. You have to understand that these people don't understand polling. Hell, Trump himself doesn't understand polling for the same reasons global warming deniers don't. Trump suggested he didn't know why he wasn't winning in the polls when he went to rallies and saw thousands of people. In other words, Trump can't understand how he can have thousands of supporters in some places and still be losing in what are nationally conducted polls. This is like a guy who says global warming isn't happening because it's cold in some places.

You can't reason with that type of logic. Just hope it doesn't get its hands anywhere near the WH.

You would think, after how the normal GOP water carriers in the blogosphere and right-wing media (and, I'm sure, on this forum) embarrassed themselves in 2012, what with "unskewing the polls," claiming Nate Silver was in the tank for Obummer and predictions of a Romney landslide, that they'd at least make an effort toward learning how scientific polling works. But then I remember who we're dealing with.

WTF?

Tell me again how the news media is unbiased? :roll: I really need to hear it again, maybe this time I'll believe it. :roll:

Well, at least the electorate isn't being fooled by this obvious display of bias in the Biased Lame Stream Media.

Trump should stick to the online spammy polls that he loves so much. It will make him feel better, knowing that he has control over his brainwashed fanboys!

If you check, I think you'll find that presidents send legislative proposals to the Congress with some frequency. Yes, they cannot enact a law, but they "craft" them all the time. Who put together the ACA? Who wrote the 1964 Civil Right Act?

>>Hillary can't even follow a simple govt policy for email whether classified or not

Sure she can. She decided, improperly imo, that she didn't want the RW hate media to get its hands on her private communications with some of her aides and advisors. The decades of insanely destructive, viciously partisan, maliciously spiteful, and malignantly divisive attacks on the Clintons by hysterical RW toads created this environment. And these cretins say they're the ones who love America and defend its values.

You thought wrong. Again.

And the Congress turns it into legalese. Anything else?

Are we doing this again this election? Republic ans used the exact same excuse 4 years ago to claim that Romney was not actually behind in the polls. Turned out the polls where right...
You are absolutely correct Redress.
They did claim the polls were biased and on election day it was worse for Romney than even the polls reported.

Trump should stick to the online spammy polls that he loves so much. It will make him feel better, knowing that he has control over his brainwashed fanboys!

so you're voting for Hillary. would Christie being Trump's VP change things for you?

so you're voting for Hillary. would Christie being Trump's VP change things for you?

Lol I love when I attack trump trump supporters automatically assume I'm voting for the other candidate.

Just because I attack trump does not mean I am voting for Hillary. Her personal paranoia highlighted by her misuse of technology horrifies me just as much as practically everything wrong with trump.

At this point tho trump is just acting like a really bad politician and he has to be called out on it. If he wasn't so obviously pandering to the far right conspiracy kooks I might have an easier time with him. I'm still waiting for him to act just a little bit less crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered the possibility that there are currently more people identifying as Democrats than Republicans?

I have never really bought into that as not every state requires you to identify party when you register. It's really a matter of turnout. And how do you answer for the wide difference in competing polls over and above the declared margin of error. To be blunt, only idiots believed the poll showing Hillary up by 12 points.

You would think, after how the normal GOP water carriers in the blogosphere and right-wing media (and, I'm sure, on this forum) embarrassed themselves in 2012, what with "unskewing the polls," claiming Nate Silver was in the tank for Obummer and predictions of a Romney landslide, that they'd at least make an effort toward learning how scientific polling works. But then I remember who we're dealing with.

And in some cases, how they are scientifically fudged. Common sense points out that when competing polls on the same issue at the same time not agreeing within the claimed margin of error, indicate at least some of the polls are fudged. The polls in 2012 were correct regarding who was going to win, however it was primarily turnout in the African American communities that put Obama over the top. And that was in a state by state race by way of electoral college. The national polls were for the most part meaningless.

WTF?

There may not be a person (well, maybe Bill) who has more contempt for Hillary than I do, but you should please recall that right up to election day there were many claiming that the polls were wrong and that Romney would actually win.

The polls are what they are.

It really only depends on who manages to peak on election day.

The October Surprise is the time honored method to win an election.

I find it to be interesting that Obama promised to be "more flexible" after the election speaking to the puppet of Putin.

Then Obama told Romney that his defining of Russia as a threat was outdated.

Then Russia invaded Crimea and annexed it.

Simply defining the candidates accurately is what's needed. Can Trump do it? Romney could not.

And the Congress turns it into legalese. Anything else?

Have you said anything? I can't find it in that post.

Have you said anything? I can't find it in that post.

It must have gone over your head. Prez can propose what he wants, doesn't mean it'll get through Congress, and doesn't prove that bill writing skills makes him a great president. Are you done now? You haven't made your case, and doubtful you will.

And in some cases, how they are scientifically fudged. Common sense points out that when competing polls on the same issue at the same time not agreeing within the claimed margin of error, indicate at least some of the polls are fudged. The polls in 2012 were correct regarding who was going to win, however it was primarily turnout in the African American communities that put Obama over the top. And that was in a state by state race by way of electoral college. The national polls were for the most part meaningless.

Different polls use (slightly) different methodologies. That's not hard to comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom