• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ready for Julian? Castro Builds his Case to be Hillary's Running Mate.....

Astrodome

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Possible 2016 vice presidential candidate: Ready for Julián? - POLITICO

"On the job as Housing and Urban Development secretary, he’s been carefully working the levers in Washington, with coaching from Bill Clinton and a twin brother who’s a popular and up-and-coming congressman himself.
Starting Saturday, he’ll be out on the trail for Hillary Clinton in in Nevada, Iowa and Maine"

"When he’s asked about the vice presidency, inevitably, everywhere he goes, he smiles the same smile and slowly says his line about how he’s focusing on his job now, and that’s the best thing he can do.
Ask him whether America’s at a turning point moment for Latinos to get a bigger role in national politics, and he answers quickly.
“We’ve been at that moment,” Castro said, “for a while now.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrats are playing chess, while Republicans are stuck playing tic-tac-toe....
They've set this up so perfectly........
Obama (2008-2016) 1st African-American US President (Perfectly timed)
Clinton (2016-2024) 1st Female US President (Perfectly timed)
Castro (2024-2032) 1st Hispanic US President (Hispanic population growth rate......Perfectly timed).....

"On the job as Housing and Urban Development secretary, he’s been carefully working the levers in Washington, with coaching from Bill Clinton and a twin brother who’s a popular and up-and-coming congressman himself.
Starting Saturday, he’ll be out on the trail for Hillary Clinton in in Nevada, Iowa and Maine"

"When he’s asked about the vice presidency, inevitably, everywhere he goes, he smiles the same smile and slowly says his line about how he’s focusing on his job now, and that’s the best thing he can do.
Ask him whether America’s at a turning point moment for Latinos to get a bigger role in national politics, and he answers quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrats are playing chess, while Republicans are stuck playing tic-tac-toe....
Castro (2024-2032) 1st Hispanic US President (Hispanic population growth rate......Perfectly timed).....
Except that Hillary is unelectable and most likely will not even be the nominee. Other than that, the plan was fool proof.:lol:

Except that Hillary is unelectable and most likely will not even be the nominee. Other than that, the plan was fool proof.:lol:

Yeah, Hillary is unelectable....She's leading in almost every poll.....Stood up to every Benghazi question....twice in the House and Senate....
Do you really believe that this email scandal will bring Hillary down?.....If you believe that, then you haven't been paying attention over the past 30 years... :)

From a strategy point of view it makes sense for Hillary to go with Julian Castro, now she just has to fend off Sanders for this to mean something.

While Sanders has made a name for himself, it would be the upset of all upsets for him to pull off the Democrat nomination over Hillary....

Yeah, Hillary is unelectable....She's leading in almost every poll.....Stood up to every Benghazi question....twice in the House and Senate....
Do you really believe that this email scandal will bring Hillary down?.....If you believe that, then you haven't been paying attention over the past 30 years... :)
The email scandal isn't helping her cause but it also isn't her biggest problem. She's uninspiring and unlikable. She resonates negatively with people and that won't change.

She is losing her lead and it won't be long before the wheels come off, entirely. Sanders is going to win both Iowa and New Hampshire.

People finally see her for who she is. That is what matters.

The email scandal isn't helping her cause but it also isn't her biggest problem. She's uninspiring and unlikable. She resonates negatively with people and that won't change.

She is losing her lead and it won't be long before the wheels come off, entirely. Sanders is going to win both Iowa and New Hampshire.

Again, to believe that Sanders will defeat Clinton nationwide....that's a dream that will never happen....
NH and Iowa Sanders can compete with Clinton.......Compete.......Nationwide, Clinton destroys Sanders.....easily....

People finally see her for who she is. That is what matters.

People have always seen Hillary for who she is.......She's in it to win it......
Do you really believe that she stayed with Bill Clinton because she loves him?

Julian Castro is going to make a great Vice President and a Great President in 8 years.

Again, to believe that Sanders will defeat Clinton nationwide....that's a dream that will never happen....
NH and Iowa Sanders can compete with Clinton.......Compete.......Nationwide, Clinton destroys Sanders.....easily....

primaries are fickle. that is exactly what people thought before Obama trounce her in the primaries.
she is doing the same failed thing here.

I don't like sanders anymore than Hillary but Hillary is just not electable and not likable.
sure the democrats can throw her up there as their candidate but she is going to get eaten alive.

we will see what happens when we get to the voters.

Make it about race and gender, then cry racism and the war on women when it doesn't happen. Don't forget to blame old white male Republicans when old white female Hillary is snubbed again.
:boom

As a resident of San Antonio... I know what douche the Castro boys are, they have serious baggage.

Julian Castro is going to make a great Vice President and a Great President in 8 years.

You know nothing about the man DD, you know his mother, what szhe is, WHO she is and how much like her her son is? No, you do not.

As a resident of San Antonio... I know what douche the Castro boys are, they have serious baggage.

I've lived in San Antonio for the past 20 years and both Castro's are loved by the city....

I've lived in San Antonio for the past 20 years and both Castro's are loved by the city....

I will not disagree they have their supporters. Doesn't change the baggage or problems with them.

Hillary may not be that great of a candidate, but she is infinitely more electable than the 2 GOP front runners.

That's why pretty much no one even in SA supports them

Hillary may not be that great of a candidate, but she is infinitely more electable than the 2 GOP front runners.
I'd agree about Cruz. He's polarizing and a very easy target on social issues. Trump, on the other hand, has "something" working for him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't know what it is but it's like the guy is immune to gaffes. Not only is he immune, they actually seem to boost his popularity. At first, I thought he was a sideshow and little more than a publicity whore. He's not. The guy has a plan and, thus far, it is working.

Hillary, on the other hand? She's going to lose to Sanders. I never would have thought that possible, either, but I think I underestimated just how poor of a candidate she actually is. She's NOT Bill Clinton, she's HILLARY Clinton. Bill was a master. He was charming and he had a way about him that made people feel good. Hillary, on the other hand, has no such qualities. She's toast.

They aren't loved by anyone who bothers to vote

His big push to put a street car system got derailed the moment he ran off to Washington because no one wanted it. His choice for mayor to succeed him was refuted by the people.

While Sanders has made a name for himself, it would be the upset of all upsets for him to pull off the Democrat nomination over Hillary....

If you said that 6 months ago, I would have agreed with you 100%.

I'd agree about Cruz. He's polarizing and a very easy target on social issues. Trump, on the other hand, has "something" working for him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't know what it is but it's like the guy is immune to gaffes. Not only is he immune, they actually seem to boost his popularity. At first, I thought he was a sideshow and little more than a publicity whore. He's not. The guy has a plan and, thus far, it is working.

Hillary, on the other hand? She's going to lose to Sanders. I never would have thought that possible, either, but I think I underestimated just how poor of a candidate she actually is. She's NOT Bill Clinton, she's HILLARY Clinton. Bill was a master. He was charming and he had a way about him that made people feel good. Hillary, on the other hand, has no such qualities. She's toast.

I agree with this to a degree, but Trump's problem is that he has insulted and offended so many minorities that it will be demographically impossible for him to win the general. I don't think Sanders will be the nominee though.

The GOP's strongest candidates for the general are Kasich, Christie, and maybe Rubio.

You know nothing about the man DD, you know his mother, what szhe is, WHO she is and how much like her her son is? No, you do not.

What the hell are you talking about? First of all, your post is almost undecipherable and doesn't make sense. Second, I know a great deal about the man. Ever since he spoke at the DNC I have followed him and have studied his history.

What the hell are you talking about? First of all, your post is almost undecipherable and doesn't make sense. Second, I know a great deal about the man. Ever since he spoke at the DNC I have followed him and have studied his history.

I'm so sure.

Tell me about his mother, her political background.

Also, talk about his street car program in San Antonio, the one that imploded the moment he left.

Back
Top Bottom