• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racists called Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott a ‘DEI mayor.’ Here’s how he responded

Sorry, I made the mistake that the obvious statement didn't need an explanation. :rolleyes:

Both the DEIMayor commenter, and the Mayor and Joy Reid who decided to make the interview about that comment are race baiters. They are all assholes.

The Mayor should have said he didn't have time for nonsense and then go right into what he is doing to help the City of Baltimore through the crisis, but the idiot decided to make his appearance about the comment.
Take note:

Still doesn’t condemn the slurs directed at the mayor and others and repeated “DEI Mayor”
Slur.

Why distort what he said?

From your source, which is a shitty alt-right propaganda source as usual:

So he's not talking about all white people, and if you actually listen to what he did say, not out of context from some dumbass propaganda site, he's not talking about making people afraid just because of their race.

He's talking about those who have become comfortable in their power and their prosperity while others suffer being afraid that their way of thinking is threatened, and that they should be afraid of that.

So maybe, if for once, you could just not employ lies, distortions, and fabrications in your arguments...that would be great.

His statements were clearly racist. No other logical conclusion can be formed.

Sorry, I made the mistake that the obvious statement didn't need an explanation. :rolleyes:

Both the DEIMayor commenter, and the Mayor and Joy Reid who decided to make the interview about that comment are race baiters. They are all assholes.

The Mayor should have said he didn't have time for nonsense and then go right into what he is doing to help the City of Baltimore through the crisis, but the idiot decided to make his appearance about the comment.

Boy, his comment has really struck a nerve for you. Seems like it hits too close to home.

LOL. Bait and switch now, I see. Your sources aren't talking about the Mayor, they are talking about the management of the Port of Baltimore and the fact that there is very little experience with shipping within that group.

Since they are appointments, the DEi label may or may not be accurate, I don't know. Also what role poor port management might have played in the accident I also don't know.

I do think that the port should come under scrutiny in this accident since the ship in question suffered catastrophic failure so soon after leaving port, and you would expect some level of inspection of ships leaving the port due to the now fairly obvious risks that large, adrift cargo ship have on the local infrastructure.
calls others “race baitors”…repeated unfounded claims that individuals perhaps aren’t qualified but are appointments and “DEI label may or may not be appropriate”

If the shoe fits and all that.

His statements were clearly racist. No other logical conclusion can be formed.

You're still avoiding his DEI statement, I see.

Here’s the crux of the issue that seems to allude some posters.

There is an underlying ASSumption by individuals that in order to be “qualified” for a job…one has to be a white man.

Anytime a woman, person of color, LGBT, etc is in a position - it is ASSumed they are only there because of DEI policies.

They simply cannot wrap their brains around the reality that white men may not have been the best qualified candidate for a job.

Period.

Scott’s “purpose in life” is to make white people uncomfortable and afraid.

What a sad way to live your life: "uncomfortable and afraid."

- Gays
- Muslims
- Browns
- Blacks
- Catholics
- Jews
- Immigrants
- Leftists
- Communists
- Marxists
- Taylor Swift <----- :ROFLMAO:
- Deep State
- Nike
- Budweiser
- Rinos
- Uniparty
- Democrats
- Liberals
- Centrists
- War on Christmas
- Masks During a Global Pandemic
- Books
- Education
- Facts
- Reality
- Amazon
- Target
- Kuerig
- Netflix
- Oreos
- NFL
- M&Ms
- Starbucks
- Electric Cars

And on and on and on. I hear FOX News doesn't "work for us anymore" either. Say's a lot about an "uncomfortable and afraid" people when even FOX News isn't far enough towards and into the alt-Right for them to feel comfortable in a constantly progressing world that mocks them for their never-ending irrational fears of virtually everything. You really should allow somebody to show you how so alike today's conservatives are to the German conservatives of the 1930s. And, hey, look at that, you people even have an autocrat picked out. <---- Three-quarters of Republicans back Trump being a "dictator for a day." Psst....that's how it starts.

We see right-wing posters claim here all the time that blacks are unworthy of and unqualified for their positions of power due to DEI.

Brandon Scott is simply calling you all out.

And it looks like he nailed it.
Actually, can I suggest an English class for you since obviously you’re not fluent.

It was a DEI hire (to some) when KBJ was honored with her judgeship, one of the most qualified judges in history, but not a DEI hire when Amy Coney Barrett (one of the least experienced justices in history) was honored with her judgeship.

See how that works? It only comes up when it's a non-white person, regardless of the person's qualifications. That's the racism/sexism of today. I still remember when Martha Stewart went to prison for doing something white men have been doing for decades and get away with it.

It was a DEI hire (to some) when KBJ was honored with her judgeship, one of the most qualified judges in history, but not a DEI hire when Amy Coney Barrett (one of the least experienced justices in history) was honored with her judgeship.

See how that works? It only comes up when it's a non-white person, regardless of the person's qualifications. That's the racism/sexism of today. I still remember when Martha Stewart went to prison for doing something white men have been doing for decades and get away with it.

White privilege just seems natural.

Say it louder for those in the back.

This is a lie.

I've taught my kids to be proud of who they are, I'm a guy and guys rock (unless we're being stupid) and I'm straight and want any person (I was raised in the church, a good and loving church) to practice whatever religion they so choose.

What I don't want is people hurting others due to religion, race, gender. That's just selfish and ignorant and if God is watching it's a ticket to hell.
How many links do you want?

Canada’s Jews say antisemites declared ‘open season’ on them since Gaza conflict​

“White-shaming is a political tactic aimed at invalidating the opinions and experiences of people of European descent. Premised on a belief in collective guilt, it judges white folks not by the content of their character but by the color of their skin.”

Actually, can I suggest an English class for you since obviously you’re not fluent.
Calling someone a DEI supporter because they support DEI does not translate into dog whistling about racism. No matter who says it does. So when that claim is made in advance it’s so that you can simply imply a racist motive, instead of admitting the truth - which is plain English - a supporter of DEI is a DEI supporter.

Race is irrelevant. Except to Democrats.

What a sad way to live your life: "uncomfortable and afraid."

- Gays
- Muslims
- Browns
- Blacks
- Catholics
- Jews
- Immigrants
- Leftists
- Communists
- Marxists
- Taylor Swift <----- :ROFLMAO:
- Deep State
- Nike
- Budweiser
- Rinos
- Uniparty
- Democrats
- Liberals
- Centrists
- War on Christmas
- Masks During a Global Pandemic
- Books
- Education
- Facts
- Reality
- Amazon
- Target
- Kuerig
- Netflix
- Oreos
- NFL
- M&Ms
- Starbucks
- Electric Cars

And on and on and on. I hear FOX News doesn't "work for us anymore" either. Say's a lot about an "uncomfortable and afraid" people when even FOX News isn't far enough towards and into the alt-Right for them to feel comfortable in a constantly progressing world that mocks them for their never-ending irrational fears of virtually everything. You really should allow somebody to show you how so alike today's conservatives are to the German conservatives of the 1930s. And, hey, look at that, you people even have an autocrat picked out. <---- Three-quarters of Republicans back Trump being a "dictator for a day." Psst....that's how it starts.

You forgot LED bulbs, FEMA concentration camps, and the “QUERTY conspiracy”!

Is it a fair assumption that old white men avoiding the topic, Mayor Scott's response to being called a product of DEI, and instead misrepresenting his comment about fear an indication of racism? If not, why not?

I have no idea whether or not people are racists until they overtly say they believe certain races to be superior or inferior, engage in an obvious racial hate crime, or something of that nature, which I would of course strongly argue against if someone were to say or do such a stupid thing.

However, I personally choose not to play the "I delusionally believe myself to have the telekinetic skill of mindreading and can intuit what other people believe" game that so many partisan people constantly engage in with respect to their obsessive side-ism embattlements. Regardless, that has nothing to do with my clarifying question for @CaughtInThe.

He sounds pretty racist. Someone like that is elected by other racists.

lol cover up his bullshit with your supporting bullshit and call it a fact? lol give me a break. You own the DEI movement and you’re now going to weaponize using the term to accurately describe a mayor supporting the practice as racist? Do you just make it up as you go or what?

Fact: Democrats are racists. Anti Semitic, anti white, anti male, anti Christian , and anti straight heterosexual .
So, you're worried then?

Why would the governor of a large city like Baltimore want to make white people feel "afraid"?

Any idea?
Why would you be afraid? Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom