• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Led a Complex Cyberattack Scheme to Aid Trump, Report Finds

So American intelligence agencies knew that Putin was personally directing his hackers to target the DNC, because...wait for it...US intelligence was hacking Russia the whole time! Surprise!

Question: Who wants to bet that the CIA will somehow spin this into a dire need for yet more surveillance + a higher budget for them? And some of you are falling for this?

Thoughts?
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/0...rer=http://www.nytimes.com/by/michael-d-shear

My give a **** meter about the DNC emails being hacked by Russia is zero... make that less than zero. **** em, politicians are the assholes that authorized our government to have access to our emails, private communication, and browsing activity. They can cry me a river when it happens to them, I'll break out the world's smallest violin.

assange has blood on his hands and trumpistan wanted him to get the death penalty 6 years ago.

What do you suppose has changed the thin-skinned one's mind ?

I'm selling 'Thanks Trump' bumper stickers, how many can I put you down for?

My give a **** meter about the DNC emails being hacked by Russia is zero... make that less than zero. **** em, politicians are the assholes that authorized our government to have access to our emails, private communication, and browsing activity. They can cry me a river when it happens to them, I'll break out the world's smallest violin.

:applaud

As I understand it, Russia hacked both the RNC and the DNC, but released only the information gleaned from the DNC. I bet (hope) that one day the RNC emails will also be released. I'm curious what they say...

As I understand it, Russia hacked both the RNC and the DNC, but released only the information gleaned from the DNC. I bet (hope) that one day the RNC emails will also be released. I'm curious what they say...

Or maybe Russian hackers didn't find the blatant levels of corruption in RNC emails that they found in DNC documents? Either way, kudos to you for acknowledging that Russia hacked both parties. Most Democrats are too busy with the pity party to care that it happened to to anyone else.

truthatallcost said:
Or maybe Russian hackers didn't find the blatant levels of corruption in RNC emails that they found in DNC documents?

I doubt that very seriously. Both parties are corrupt, and have been for some time. I suspect that at least for this election cycle, the kind of stuff we would see would be very different, but just as bad. Anyway, had what you suggest been the case, and given what we know about Russia's intention behind the hacks, they would have released the emails, as doing so would show even more effectively the message they were trying to get across: dems bad, reps good.

truthatallcost said:
Either way, kudos to you for acknowledging that Russia hacked both parties. Most Democrats are too busy with the pity party to care that it happened to to anyone else.

Very true.

I doubt that very seriously. Both parties are corrupt, and have been for some time. I suspect that at least for this election cycle, the kind of stuff we would see would be very different, but just as bad. Anyway, had what you suggest been the case, and given what we know about Russia's intention behind the hacks, they would have released the emails, as doing so would show even more effectively the message they were trying to get across: dems bad, reps good.

Although both parties are corrupt, the DNC out performs the RNC when it comes to graft, corruption, prison terms.
There was a thread about it here I was trying to find, sorry couldn't locate it. But it showed that Democrat politicians beat Republicans 3:1 in corruption scandals, jail sentences,etc.

Very true.

:thumbs:

truthatallcost said:
Although both parties are corrupt, the DNC out performs the RNC when it comes to graft, corruption, prison terms.
There was a thread about it here I was trying to find, sorry couldn't locate it. But it showed that Democrat politicians beat Republicans 3:1 in corruption scandals, jail sentences,etc.

I won't say this is impossible--it certainly could be true. But I would have to see some very persuasive evidence to believe it. My default is that, psychologically speaking, people are the same everywhere, in all countries, organizations, religions, nations, etc. Differences in levels of violence among societies are usually explained by differences in social conditions (different laws, access to resources, cultural traditions, specific historic circumstances such as recent wars, etc.). While I can think of a couple of counterexamples in history, they're very few, which is why this is my rule of thumb.

So American intelligence agencies knew that Putin was personally directing his hackers to target the DNC, because...wait for it...US intelligence was hacking Russia the whole time! Surprise!

Question: Who wants to bet that the CIA will somehow spin this into a dire need for yet more surveillance + a higher budget for them? And some of you are falling for this?

Thoughts?
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/0...rer=http://www.nytimes.com/by/michael-d-shear

Putin has increasingly been waging a nonlinear war on us among others under the Gerasimov Doctrine. It is important that this is not about spying, hacking and eavesdropping international and foreign calls.

Putin has increasingly been waging a nonlinear war on us among others under the Gerasimov Doctrine. It is important that this is not about spying, hacking and eavesdropping international and foreign calls.

Putin is reinitiating the Cold War? I think we've known his intentions were bad for over a decade. I'm just skeptical about the full MSM push to ignite hostility amongst Americans, as soon as a particular candidate lost.

The OP stated that Russia's hacking didn't change the results of the election. So whether its fake news, or hacking, what is the MSM trying to get us to do here?

In 2006, the scare tactics that they used was to promote the end of the world through Global Warming. We needed to elect candidates that would tackle this problem, or else.

Now that the House, Senate, and White House have a big fat R on them, we're being bombarded with fear propaganda about Russia. That was Joe McCarthy's bag at one time, remember?

I can't believe your reaction to finding out that the Russian President was ordering cyberattacks against America was "Why are we being so mean to Russia?"

You're not a patriot, you're far from it.

Leftists are wrapping themselves in the flag - what a joke.

America has no inherent conflict with Russia -- but the trans-nationalist Lefties (same people who want to open the borders to import terrorists) are hell-bent on seeking conflict with Russia, in order to pander to ethnic lobbies who harbor vindictive feelings towards them.

So now the Lefties are wrapping themelves in the flag, claiming to be "great patriots" defending America's security.

When China has hacked the hell out of the United States, stealing all kinds of top secret weapons info, and even grabbing a list of all US govt employee data, then our liberal "patriots" say nothing. If it's not of concern to the Coalition of Special Interests who make up the Democratic Party, then it's never worth talking about. Meanwhile, if Putin so much as sneezes, the liberals are ready to go to DefCon 1.

The Democrats allowed themselves to be hacked long ago - by special interest groups whose domain spreads far beyond the borders of the country. That's been their politics for a long time now, thanks to people like George Soros.

I want to see what the libtards plan to do about the South China Sea, plan to do about ISiS, plan to do about drug cartels. Their selective teeth-gnashing over Putin leaves me cold.

Or maybe Russian hackers didn't find the blatant levels of corruption in RNC emails that they found in DNC documents? Either way, kudos to you for acknowledging that Russia hacked both parties. Most Democrats are too busy with the pity party to care that it happened to to anyone else.

Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying, but who has proved that Russia hacked either party or both parties?

Typical US government bluster and blame, hints and allegations, but no proof at all. I do not consider a story by NYT, WaPo or any other mainstream media to be proof of anything.

Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying, but who has proved that Russia hacked either party or both parties?

Worded cleverly, so most readers will not catch the implications of what they're saying;

Another example of inferential evidence, the officials said, was that as time passed and the early leaks attracted media attention that undermined or eclipsed Clinton’s campaign, the Russians increasingly focused their hacking “almost exclusively” on Democratic rather than Republican targets.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/redir...com/4625301/cia-russia-wikileaks-dnc-hacking/

Time can just barely admit that Republicans were targeted too.

Typical US government bluster and blame, hints and allegations, but no proof at all. I do not consider a story by NYT, WaPo or any other mainstream media to be proof of anything.

These same idiots who told us not to invade Afghanistan will be pushing us to war with Russia soon.

So you don't buy the intelligence agencies' explanation that to show the proof you require is to show the Russians our specific methods of intelligence gathering, with which knowledge they may determine how to improve their security against our reach of intelligence gathering?

So then you would be okay if foreign nations like China and Russia were to imprison American forces indefinitely without charging them for a crime, and torturing them for information?

After all, if we do it, then other nations can do it too.

And what foreign nations have we done that to?

And what foreign nations have we done that to?

Off the top of my head that is declaissifed, Iraq, and Afghanistan. If I wasn't leaving for work at the moment, I can get you a list.

Off the top of my head that is declaissifed, Iraq, and Afghanistan. If I wasn't leaving for work at the moment, I can get you a list.

Terrorist organizations are not part of any foreign military force, they are violent revolutionaries attempting to overthrow governments.

I can't believe your reaction to finding out that the Russian President was ordering cyberattacks against America was "Why are we being so mean to Russia?"

You're not a patriot, you're far from it.

Whew! Thank God we have a President that would never....Oh wait....

"What was not well reported in the American media is that President Obama and his allies were playing in the election to defeat Prime Minister Netanyahu," John McLaughlin, a Republican strategist, said in an interview on John Catsimatidis's "The Cats Roundtable" radio show broadcast Sunday on AM 970 in New York.
"There was money moving that included taxpayer U.S. dollars, through non-profit organizations. And there were various liberal groups in the United States that were raising millions to fund a campaign called V15 against Prime Minister Netanyahu," McLaughlin said.

He noted an effort to oust Netanyahu was guided by former Obama political operative Jeremy Bird and that V15, or Victory 15, ads hurt Netanyahu in the polls. McLaughlin said the Israeli leader rebounded after delivering a speech to Congress early this month, prompting more critical ads.

V15 was viewed as part of a broader campaign to oust Netanyahu. The group was linked to Washington-based nonprofit OneVoice Movement, which reportedly received $350,000 in State Department grants. Money to OneVoice stopped flowing in November, officials said, before the Israeli elections.

snip

They were running an ACORN, Obama Organizing for America-type campaign over there with the digital ads, the billboards, the phones. They were targeting Israeli voters...

Netanyahu pollster: Obama role in election larger than reported | TheHill

So, spare us the "you're not a patriot" crap....As if you are....:roll:

The left is rather new to patriotism.

Yeah, and **** Obama. He had no right nosing into Israel's business just like the Russians have no business in ours. But I'm glad to see you're openly admitting you're only outraged if it's something Obama does.

I'm serving my time in the military just like you did yours. Except I'm not cheering on one of our oldest enemies for successfully electing the president they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom