• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pulled over for direct eye contact.

That is not the reason he was pulled over.

That was the reason he got tailed.

He got pulled over because of his violation.

What was his violation??????? Turning his turn signal on at 90 ft as opposed to 100 ft?????? You really think that is worthy of pulling some one over???

What was his violation??????? Turning his turn signal on at 90 ft as opposed to 100 ft?????? You really think that is worthy of pulling some one over???
Any violation is cause to pull someone over.
I am not surprised you didn't know that.
And that is his fault for making that violation. No one else.

If you do not like the traffic laws, lobby to get them changed. iLOL Good luck with that.

Looks like nervous or furtive behavior = Reasonable suspicion.

Well, if you make 'em curious it'll give 'em an excuse to run the license plate scanner.

And, if you're squeaky clean, they'll probably leave you alone. Or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be busy.

I don't really think there's an issue on this one.

Officer to motorist: 'You made direct eye contact'| Dayton, OH | www.daytondailynews.com

Now people are getting pulled over for "making direct eye contact!!" This is getting way outta hand now.

What are you talking about? I can excuse the media that LIED in their headline. That's what they do. But...don't you READ? Don't ANY of you read?

He was pulled over for not putting on his turn signal soon enough -- something it's clear from the article the cop's dash am confirms.

Ever done that? Put your signal on at the last minute? With a cop right behind you? Ever had a cop follow you for a couple of miles down a thoroughfare? If you haven't, then you don't drive much.

Look, we have real rogue officers out there. A very tiny percentage, but they're out there. How about concentrating on REAL misconduct?

You can be pulled over for 1 mph over speed limit. Just because most don't bother doesn't mean you can't be

Cops are beyond out of control. I don't condone the murder of officers but I can see that their outlandish behavior is in turn bringing death and despair into their lives. Frankly about 40% of law enforcement has no business being in the business. Time for a serious house cleaning. No guns for officers with less than 3 years of unblemished experience. 4 year college degree required. Random drug testing required.

That is my reasonable suggestion.

Cops are beyond out of control. I don't condone the murder of officers but I can see that their outlandish behavior is in turn bringing death and despair into their lives. Frankly about 40% of law enforcement has no business being in the business. Time for a serious house cleaning. No guns for officers with less than 3 years of unblemished experience. 4 year college degree required. Random drug testing required.

That is my reasonable suggestion.

You think it is reasonable but we all know that you are not the gauge of which anyone should use to establish what is reasonable.

What are you talking about? I can excuse the media that LIED in their headline. That's what they do. But...don't you READ? Don't ANY of you read?

He was pulled over for not putting on his turn signal soon enough -- something it's clear from the article the cop's dash am confirms.

Ever done that? Put your signal on at the last minute? With a cop right behind you? Ever had a cop follow you for a couple of miles down a thoroughfare? If you haven't, then you don't drive much.

Look, we have real rogue officers out there. A very tiny percentage, but they're out there. How about concentrating on REAL misconduct?

"Didn't signal early enough" is the "because I feel like pulling you over but don't have a real reason" law.

"Didn't signal early enough" is the "because I feel like pulling you over but don't have a real reason" law.

Really? So you've never gotten up to the corner, realized you wanted to turn there, thrown your signal on and stopped short? Haven't had your license long? It's called unsafe driving.

And when you get pulled over for it? You ask if the officer might consider a warning...if not, take the ticket and say thanks because of all the crap you've gotten by with in the past.

Really? So you've never gotten up to the corner, realized you wanted to turn there, thrown your signal on and stopped short? Haven't had your license long? It's called unsafe driving.
And what part of the article lead you to believe this happened?

No. It was I saw you commit a traffic infraction and then legitimately pulled you over.

Wow, some Americans sure are ******s when it comes to interacting with police.

And this is typical of the American left where anytime you're in the wrong, you have to find a reason to deflect the blame rather than accept it yourself.

Bwaaaaaa, policeman pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Bwaaaaaaaa, naughty policeman also said he didn't like the way I looked at him.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, if I had a gun I would have shot him.

#BlackFweelingsMatter,Sniff

Im surprised he didnt pull the ol' " A car matching this description has been used in a number of burglaries/executions/dog nappings/jewel heists." I havent even so much as tasted a beer in 20 years and,..amazingly enough ....5 different officers in 3 different states have "detected the smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle" upon pulling me over.

Im surprised he didnt pull the ol' " A car matching this description has been used in a number of burglaries/executions/dog nappings/jewel heists." I havent even so much as tasted a beer in 20 years and,..amazingly enough ....5 different officers in 3 different states have "detected the smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle" upon pulling me over.

Dbag cops live in every state. You have to remember that most police officers aren't even close to being the best and the brightest. Not much separates the average street hood from the average police officer. Why we don't demand professionalism from our police is beyond me.

Yes I do. Especially an out of town car.

There is no indication that the stop was anything but a courtesy stop. I don't think a citation was issued. The LEO probably acted in an informative way.

I've been pulled for a light out, a low tire, looking like I was lost. The latter a thousand miles from home with out of town plates. In all cases I was aware that his last name was sir. I thanked the officer for the info and went on with my drive.

Yes I do. Especially an out of town car.

There is no indication that the stop was anything but a courtesy stop. I don't think a citation was issued. The LEO probably acted in an informative way.

I've been pulled for a light out, a low tire, looking like I was lost. The latter a thousand miles from home with out of town plates. In all cases I was aware that his last name was sir. I thanked the officer for the info and went on with my drive.
Really? the last name was sir for all of them? Weird I've yet to remember the name of any cop I've encountered. With the exception of one, he got fired...

That is not the reason he was pulled over.

That was the reason he got tailed.

He got pulled over because of his violation.

No. My guess is the violation was the excuse for pulling him over. The eye contact was the reason. Had it not been for the eye contact the cop wouldn't have pulled him over.

I would bet money that every person on this board who drives commits some minor moving violation nearly every time they drive without even knowing it. A cop can just follow someone that catches their intention until they slip up.

Back
Top Bottom