• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro Palestinian protesters (1 Viewer)

Israel has been attacked since day 1

So have the Palestinians

Israel was formed on the backs of terrorism, it attacked Palestinians to drive them out of areas Israel wanted you control

If my neighbor was in my yard preventing me from using my yard, beating me regularly, he should expect one day i might get angry enough to beat him back.
Except the yard he's in is disputed. It's not yours. It was at one time, but not now. That's just the reality of the situation.

This is irrelevant to my questions. You can try again, but I sincerely doubt you'd tolerate being attacked without fighting back.

You of course would blame the person oppressed
I'm not a Marxist. My view of the world is more nuanced than oppressor/oppressed.

If we are going to put bank robbers in jail, we must put the people they rob in jail also, it should be equal.

Based on the demands of the left, ONLY the people they rob should be put in jail.

Wrong. First, you call $3.8 billion every year, an additional $26 billion in the last month, much more than to any other country in the world for many decades, "very little". To a country of 10 million that is already wealthy. Because they have established political control over or country. Second, it is giving them the money, it's not just a sale.

False. Israel must pay most of that back - and they're one of the only countries on earth that is good for it. A loan to Israel gets repaid every time.

If my neighbor was in my yard preventing me from using my yard, beating me regularly, he should expect one day i might get angry enough to beat him back.

It's not your yard. You're just a squatter in this story.

You of course would blame the person oppressed

Yes, poor Arabs only control 99% of the landmass of the Middle East and the greedy Jews refuse to give them the other 1%.

All Hamas wants is every Jew dead - is that so unreasonable?

It's not your yard. You're just a squatter in this story.

Yes, poor Arabs only control 99% of the landmass of the Middle East and the greedy Jews refuse to give them the other 1%.

All Hamas wants is every Jew dead - is that so unreasonable?
The west Bank is nor Israel

Except the yard he's in is disputed. It's not yours. It was at one time, but not now. That's just the reality of the situation.

This is irrelevant to my questions. You can try again, but I sincerely doubt you'd tolerate being attacked without fighting back.

I'm not a Marxist. My view of the world is more nuanced than oppressor/oppressed.

That the west bank is occupied is not disputed

Anyone notice they are demanding that Israel be divested, but not demanding the same thing when it comes to Palestine? We have sent $7.6 billion to Palestine since 1993. So, should we demand divestment and aid being cut off for both sides? Why should Hamas be rewarded and Israel punished?

:poop::poop::poop:

Wow, what a post.

40 children were taken hostage. Here are some.

• According to the Israeli Prison Service (IPS), as of the end of March 2022, 194 Palestinian children were detained in prisons and detention centers in Israel.
  • As of 2020, the IPS stopped providing figures in response to requests under the Freedom of Information Law.
  • In 2020, at least 157 Palestinian minors were held in Israeli prisons as security detainees and prisoners, with at least two held in administrative detention.
  • In 2023, it was reported that about 200 boys, most of them teenagers, were in Israeli detention, along with about 75 women and five teenage girls.
  • The Euro-Med Monitor condemned Israel’s policy of detaining children and subjecting them to abusive and inhumane treatment.
  • The monitor also reported that Malak Al-Khatib, a 14-year-old Palestinian girl, had been imprisoned by Israeli authorities for 22 consecutive days without contact with her parents."

Yes, I agree 100%. Unfortunately, apartheid denies that opportunity.
Using words like apartheid isn't productive. The existence of millions of Arab Israelis would suggest it's false.

Should the creation of a Palestinian state require a ceasefire from Hamas? Rockets have been fired into Israel every year, sometimes numbering in the thousands. Should Hamas need to show it can exist as a neighbor without the attacks, for some period of time? A year or two at least?

Using words like apartheid isn't productive. The existence of millions of Arab Israelis would suggest it's false.

Black South Africans were South Africans, yet still experienced apartheid.

Should the creation of a Palestinian state require a ceasefire from Hamas? Rockets have been fired into Israel every year, sometimes numbering in the thousands. Should Hamas need to show it can exist as a neighbor without the attacks, for some period of time? A year or two at least?

There would need to peace coming from both sides to move forward with a solution.

We should have gone in, taken out bin Laden, and left. The whole operation should have taken a few months at most.

Did you support the War in Iraq?
We should go in, take out a considerable number of Arab terrorists, as a substitute for more traditional wars. Israel sometimes does that; and is internationally condemned for "selective assassinations". Make up your mind, Pals of Palis.

It's called resistance to decades of oppression, imprisonment, blockade, and murder. When a homeowner shoots a home invader out to kill them, you don't say the homeowner started the war and the invader's family is entitled to kill the homeowner's family and bomb their home to rubble. No, they did not launch an attack on their own hospital. You seem to fall for every lie they tell.

Still calling the Oct. 7 TERRORIST ATTACKS a "resistance operation"?

Under the cover of rocket attacks, Hamas fighters stormed into Israel and massacred more than 1,300 people, mostly civilians, in their homes, in towns, and at an outdoor music festival, shooting them dead on the spot as they attempted to flee, hid, and begged for their lives. More than 3,300 others were injured. These targeted attacks on civilians are clear violations of IHL that amount to the war crimes of willful killing and torture. Given the widespread and systematic nature of the assault, these attacks likely also constitute crimes against humanity of murder and torture.

And paraded one of the victims' body around Gaza.

I don't support Hamas or Israel in this conflict, but only one of them is receiving billions of military funding per year with which they are killing innocent people.

Where do you think Hamas is getting their weapons? Are they magically appearing?

LAMO. Who do think GETS that "aid"? Hamas, of course. Jesus. By election of the Palestinian people Hamas runs (ran) Gaza. You actually think they are sharing?
folks think, when they hear humanitarian aid or economic aid that we are sending food and medicine...we aren't...we are sending them money that is supposed to stipulate that they use it for food and medicine and schools...that doesn't happen.

College protestors: " We want you to stop supporting genocide!"

Dark Brandon "Antisemitism will not be tolerated!"

Arab Israelis don't.

Not true. And I'm sure you'd feel very differently if you were a Palestinian forced off your ancestral land so that someone else of a more privileged class could have it.

Anyone notice they are demanding that Israel be divested, but not demanding the same thing when it comes to Palestine? We have sent $7.6 billion to Palestine since 1993. So, should we demand divestment and aid being cut off for both sides? Why should Hamas be rewarded and Israel punished?
Good question!

Not true. And I'm sure you'd feel very differently if you were a Palestinian forced off your ancestral land so that someone else of a more privileged class could have it.
um, like I pointed out the ancestral land belongs to both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom