• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pope Francis Warns Nations Not to Take in More Refugees Than They Can Assimilate

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pope Francis Warns Nations Not to Take in More Refugees Than They Can Assimilate

Pope Francis even made allowances for European politicians who have completely closed their borders to immigrants, saying that politicians have a right to exercise prudence in such decisions.

“So what do I think of those who close their borders?” Francis asked. “I think that in theory no one should close their heart to a refugee, but those who govern must also exercise prudence. They should be very open to receiving them, but they should also calculate how they will be able to settle them, because a refugee must not only be welcomed, but also integrated.”

“And if a country is only able to integrate 20, let’s say, then it should only accept that many. If another is able to do more, let it do more,” he said.

Now to me, he's just another guy in a halloween costume but I know to some he represents a lot more.

And I know that when he spouts liberal talking points, liberals love him.So I wonder what they will say now?

these statements are more in line with Donald Trump than Hillary Cinton,

If European nations continue to take in levels of refugees based on an emotional argument devoid of the ability to "assimilate" them well enough then you have real problems.

Pope Francis has some good advice on this one.

Pope Francis even made allowances for European politicians who have completely closed their borders to immigrants, saying that politicians have a right to exercise prudence in such decisions.

“So what do I think of those who close their borders?” Francis asked. “I think that in theory no one should close their heart to a refugee, but those who govern must also exercise prudence. They should be very open to receiving them, but they should also calculate how they will be able to settle them, because a refugee must not only be welcomed, but also integrated.”

“And if a country is only able to integrate 20, let’s say, then it should only accept that many. If another is able to do more, let it do more,” he said.

Now to me, he's just another guy in a halloween costume but I know to some he represents a lot more.

And I know that when he spouts liberal talking points, liberals love him.So I wonder what they will say now?

On a number of points I feel he is probably quite wrong. Here I think he is right.

This Pope is a wise man, much wiser than either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Finally, he gives some good advice.

Exactly - how many refugees (or other immigrants) does the Vatican take in? The refusal to say do as I say but to ignore do as I do is refreshing. ;)

If the refugees do not want to assimilate, is he saying it would be OK to not take any?

The Pope should just keep stroking his rosaries, and and keep his thurible filled.

Other than that, he should shut his pie hole about how the rest of us live.

What the Pope may not understand is that the UN, and all the other groups pushing migration, care little about assimilation, as that is not the point of their efforts.

Who cares what the pope says?

All countries should never have taken in any adult males and most adult females. If they cannot stand up and fight for themselves and their lives, the **** them.

The Pope should just keep stroking his rosaries, and and keep his thurible filled.

Other than that, he should shut his pie hole about how the rest of us live.

He's under no obligation to abstain from speaking about various things than any other person, be they politicians, actors, singers, writers, scientists, man on the street, ect.

He's under no obligation to abstain from speaking about various things than any other person, be they politicians, actors, singers, writers, scientists, man on the street, ect.

He's a hypocrite, and his institution is made up of them.

Couldn't agree with him more.

This Pope is a wise man, much wiser than either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Unfortunately, men of his character do not usually seek the presidency.

He's a hypocrite, and his institution is made up of them.

I'm not a huge fan of his but his position holds leadership over more people, and in more diverse places, than about any other leader in the entire world. He's definitely on a level where he's expected to make statements, if anyone else is.

BREITEBART.COM nuff said

I'm not a huge fan of his but his position holds leadership over more people, and in more diverse places, than about any other leader in the entire world. He's definitely on a level where he's expected to make statements, if anyone else is.

He has a right to be criticized as well, and called out on his hypocrite views.

Lol, yea, not so much there. Clinton has never advocated taking more than we can handle or taking refugees that we can't properly screen. Hillary isn't turning the refugees into boogeymen, and neither is the pope. Donald is the one doing that.

He has a right to be criticized as well, and called out on his hypocrite views.

Criticize away, by all means, but you don't really get to say he has the right to be criticized but that he should shut up. Those a contradictory concepts. He he can be criticized then he can also speak on his own behalf, and on behalf of those who choose to recognize his position of authority.

Lol, yea, not so much there. Clinton has never advocated taking more than we can handle or taking refugees that we can't properly screen. Hillary isn't turning the refugees into boogeymen, and neither is the pope. Donald is the one doing that.

False. Hillary supports open borders.

Not often I see the Pope or the Catholic Church accused of liberalism.

False. Hillary supports open borders.

Do you have a source pertaining to the refugee crisis where she has supported taking refugees with no screening and taking on more than we can handle?

Do you have a source pertaining to the refugee crisis where she has supported taking refugees with no screening and taking on more than we can handle?

Open borders pretty much covers that. That's kinda the whole concept of open borders.

those statements are not in line with either Trump or Clinton...they are his own, they endorse neither, what he is saying is no one can decide for a nation what is best for them

it is neither left nor right

not everything has to be black and white...this is exactly the attitude that is destroying the world

“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.” - Hillary Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom