• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Poll: Americans 2-1 Fear Obama's Reelection

So all polls from a liberal site are equally as meaningless.

<bookmarks link>

Cool!

All internet polls that are not done scientifically -- like this one -- are bogus, whether they're done by the left or the right.

All internet polls that are not done scientifically -- like this one -- are bogus, whether they're done by the left or the right.

What was unscientific about it??

Was it done by the University of East Anglia ??

Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection

When it comes to how Americans view President Obama going into the new year, there appears to be very little spirit of Auld Lang Syne. Instead, according to the new Washington Whispers poll, many voters aren't forgetting what they dislike about Obama and want him out of office.
In our New Year's poll, when asked what news event they fear most about 2012, Americans by a margin of two-to-one said Obama's reelection. Only 16 percent said they fear the Democrat won't win a second term, while 33 percent said they fear four more years

Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection - Washington Whispers (usnews.com) | Digg Topnews

You can consider me in the "I fear Obama's reelection" catagory also.

January 9, 2012

When it comes to how Americans view President Obama going into the new year, there appears to be very little spirit of Auld Lang Syne. Instead, according to the new Washington Whispers poll, many voters aren't forgetting what they dislike about Obama and want him out of office.

In our New Year's poll, when asked what news event they fear most about 2012, Americans by a margin of two-to-one said Obama's reelection. Only 16 percent said they fear the Democrat won't win a second term, while 33 percent said they fear four more years.

Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Re: Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection

What i fear more then Obama being re-elected is any of those crazy right wing nut jobs being elected as president.

One long year of campaigning followed by three years of whinning.

Deceptive headline, though...

Only 33% fear Obama's re-elction; and of course, they're old people.

Moderator's Warning:
Threads merged

Yeah, there is. But I don't understand why you dismiss a U.S. News and World Report poll as "meaningless." Explain? Is your issue statistical? Says at the link that this was a New Year's poll asking the question, "As we enter the presidential election year of 2012, what potential news event do you fear the most?"

Site also says:

Source: The Synovate eNation Internet poll was conducted December 29-January 2 among a national sample of 1,000 households by global market research firm Synovate.

So the poll is meaningless because of its source or because the question is dumb or what?

I don't read this pub, so I didn't know until five minutes ago that "Washington Whispers" is at least venerable, LOL. Here's its self-description: "Washington Whispers has been featured in U.S. News & World Report since 1933, offering a fun, insider's view of Washington."

So all polls from a liberal site are equally as meaningless.

<bookmarks link>

Cool!

To adress you all at once: As best I can tell, it's an online poll, which makes it as scientific as a poll here on DP. That is, not at all. That it was an online poll at a conservative site makes it a biased poll. Lastly, a poll done similarly on a liberal site, or even a nonbiased site would likewise be worthless.

No, if it had been done at East Anglia it would likely meet the highest academic standards and it would have been peer reviewed. As it stands, it was an internet poll at a right wing site, and thus the pool was mostly composed of right wing types, and there was nothing to prevent a single person from voting multiple times via different logins or computers. Worthless except to gauge the opinions of the site's denizens.

Holy crap misleading title.

Deja vu

Two threads, same source, same misleading title.

Moderator's Warning:
More merge, 3 threads here now.

Moderator's Warning:
More merge, 3 threads here now.

Three threads made about conservatives orgasming about a completely false lead.

bwahahahahaha!

To adress you all at once: As best I can tell, it's an online poll, which makes it as scientific as a poll here on DP. That is, not at all. That it was an online poll at a conservative site makes it a biased poll. Lastly, a poll done similarly on a liberal site, or even a nonbiased site would likewise be worthless.

Well look at that, Grim overlooking bias ;)

33% to 16%....2 to 1. They're comparing the two "election" fears, hardly misleading at all.
It is a VERY misleading headline. its dishonest. Its why I dont like polls. Statistics dont lie, statisticians do. if the headline were to be anywhere NEAR accurate, 66 and 2/3% of all Americans surveyed would fear Obamas reelection. The poll ACTUALLY stated that of the individuals polled 33% feared Obamas reelection (which polls approximately current with the number of hard core self described 'republicans'). And thats of the individuals polled, not all Americans. There are a ton of ways to skew poll results.

Ahhh, reading comprehension is helpful.

I didn't claim they have no publications, I said their publications are not scientifically honest.

Scientific honesty is determined by the peer review process. All of the listed articles and studies were published in peer reviewed journals.

In contrast, if someone submitted a paper employing the methodology used in this internet poll, a peer review board would laugh them out of the building.

Scientific honesty is determined by the peer review process. All of the listed articles and studies were published in peer reviewed journals.

In contrast, if someone submitted a paper employing the methodology used in this internet poll, a peer review board would laugh them out of the building.

That's funny. We've seen how the peer review process can be manipulated.

By the way, do you claim that all peer reviewed papers published in scientific journals are always 100% correct and honest ??

One final question........what was the methodology used in this poll. You must know since you are mocking it.

That's funny. We've seen how the peer review process can be manipulated.

We have? Got some examples?

By the way, do you claim that all peer reviewed papers published in scientific journals are always 100% correct and honest ??

Of course not. :lol: But the peer review process certainly provides greater assurance than an unreviewed weblog or internet poll.

One final question........what was the methodology used in this poll. You must know since you are mocking it.

Fair question, and I will have to roll back my comment above. I was basing it on other comments in the thread which lead me to believe that this was an open internet poll. It does seem to have been more controlled than that, though I don't see any link to the poll itself and only the barest description of how it was conducted.

Americans fear Obama's relection by a margin of two to one.

That's understandable.

But what will they do in November when they will also fear electing Romney by about the same margin?!

That too is understandable ..

.. And has been the understandable situation every four years for far too long!

This "lesser of two evils" problem needs to be resolved ..

.. And its resolution is likely favored .. by about .. two to one.

Again, understandable.

Deceptive headline, though...

Only 33% fear Obama's re-elction; and of course, they're old people.

Since at least 40% of the voters will vote for the GOP, another 40% for the Democrats and the rest will be split and decide who actually wins I'm asking how come ONLY 33% fear the President's reelection? It actually seems like a better result than one would expect.

One question? How come in 2004 Senator Kerry was brutalized by the GOP for being a flip flopper but in 2012 Romney, the Michael Jordan of flip flopping is not attacked equally by the same people who erupted against Kerry? Does it mean that flip flopping is OK if you agree with the flop? Just asking....

Since at least 40% of the voters will vote for the GOP, another 40% for the Democrats and the rest will be split and decide who actually wins I'm asking how come ONLY 33% fear the President's reelection? It actually seems like a better result than one would expect.

One question? How come in 2004 Senator Kerry was brutalized by the GOP for being a flip flopper but in 2012 Romney, the Michael Jordan of flip flopping is not attacked equally by the same people who erupted against Kerry? Does it mean that flip flopping is OK if you agree with the flop? Just asking....
Since Romney is only consistently polling around 25% and every candidate and MOST republicans bang on him for flipflopping I think you are just making up a bull**** argument to pretend you have a bull**** point. There is a REASON why Romney has not already got the GOP nomination and every week there is a new conservative 'flavor of the month' promoted. Or do you really actually believe what you just said? "Just asking"...

And next...we'll query you about your support for Obama and the war and use of black ops prisons and the Obama tax cuts and the expansion of the Patriot Act and every other Bush policy that Obama has adopted and where you stand...then and now. Since we are 'just asking' and talking about blatant hypocrisy...

Back
Top Bottom