• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perhaps a silly question re. "Ignore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

marduc

don't panic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I have never ignored anyone, nor would I ever ignore someone. To me that is antithetical to the entire raison d'etre of having constructive discussions

From appearances, I may have somehow ignored a poster inadvertently. Not only do I have no idea how that came about, but now I am trying to figure out how to undo this and am stumped.

what am I missing here?

Last edited:
I have never ignored anyone, nor would I ever ignore someone. To me that is antithetical to the entire raison d'etre of having constructive discussions

From appearances, I may have somehow ignored poster inadvertently. Not only do I have no idea how that came about, but now I am trying to figure out how to undo this and am stumped.

what am I missing here?
I figured it out.. obvious button was not so obvious. 🙄

I have never ignored anyone, nor would I ever ignore someone. To me that is antithetical to the entire raison d'etre of having constructive discussions.
Although your technical question is answered, I respectfully disagree with your bolded conclusion. Many of the people I have on ignore do not contribute to constructive discussions, which is I why I put them there. It allows one to concentrate on those who do contribute.

Although your technical question is answered, I respectfully disagree with your bolded conclusion. Many of the people I have on ignore do not contribute to constructive discussions, which is I why I put them there. It allows one to concentrate on those who do contribute.
Even the apparently deconstructive have their part to play in constructive discussions.

I do not want to block any information that can elucidate or shape my opinion for better or worse.

If I were to habitually block that which is uncomfortable, where would I be?

I would be in a bubble where my thoughts are continuously reinforced and never challenged.

I postulate that the ease of slipping into a positive feedback loop that technology has granted us is anathema to productive discussions and undermines the innate empathy that has historically been an integral part of human existence as a social society

YMMV

Even the apparently deconstructive have their part to play in constructive discussions.

I do not want to block any information that can elucidate or shape my opinion for better or worse.

If I were to habitually block that which is uncomfortable, where would I be?

I would be in a bubble where my thoughts are continuously reinforced and never challenged.

I postulate that the ease of slipping into a positive feedback loop that technology has granted us is anathema to productive discussions and undermines the innate empathy that has historically been an integral part of human existence as a social society

YMMV
I generally agree, but I make particular exceptions - only based upon adequate evidence, of course.

To answer the question, the point that several can't engage in constructive discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom