• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin says she's not leaving politics

Cute and perky did not get Palin elected governor or mayor of Wasilla despite every effort to paint it that way.

Why does everyone always hate the pretty girl?

I don't hate her. I've already evaluated her and determined that I have way better tits.

However, there is something to be said for the depth caused by being a late bloomer. People who are too pretty too early tend to avoid developing the deep roots required to survive character assassinations and prolongued slugfests. You see it all the time with politicians. Just look at John "Breck" Edwards.

I can't stand Hilary Clinton, but there's no denying that looking like a horse trying to eat its way through a watermelon probably toughened her up.

No. No, she is not that woman. Palin is the woman who attended a convention ready to give birth at any time, went into labor, and flew all the way home to have the baby so that she could attend her duties. Nice try though.

She did that because she's a freaking drama queen. OMG, look how brave I am! I'm flying on an airplane while PREGNANT! Aren't I perfect picture of maternal goodness???!!!

Save your fingers, Jall-licious.

She did that because she's a freaking drama queen. OMG, look how brave I am! I'm flying on an airplane while PREGNANT! Aren't I perfect picture of maternal goodness???!!!

Save your fingers, Jall-licious.

It was never even announced until one of those trash rags like DailyKos or Huffington Post tried to say she never had the baby because it was really Willow's. :doh

So you're gonna sit her and honestly go after a woman who doesn't go to work because of her period while simultaneously not giving credit to a woman who fulfills her duties during pregnancy?

Come on.

Well I am glad we are in agreement, disney. Now you can let go of your deranged fantasy that Palin and Perot are anything alike.

I think they are more alike than you are willing to admit. As are their fans.;)

It was never even announced until one of those trash rags like DailyKos or Huffington Post tried to say she never had the baby because it was really Willow's. :doh

So you're gonna sit her and honestly go after a woman who doesn't go to work because of her period while simultaneously not giving credit to a woman who fulfills her duties during pregnancy?

Come on.

Only because it gets you so huffy. :)

What's with all the catty snitching going on about Palin?

I think they are more alike than you are willing to admit. As are their fans.;)

You can think anything you want. There's no rule against being wrong 99.9999% of the time so you go right ahead and get your "foolish" on.

I'm not huffy about it...I'm just kind of amazed that a woman of your intellectual acumen doesn't see the glaring double standard in that. ;)

Actually, I'm just teasing you on that one. But I do believe the lengthier post I made in the thread about the MSNBC article. I like it when you get all fired up, Jall. ;)

You can think anything you want. There's no rule against being wrong 99.9999% of the time so you go right ahead and get your "foolish" on.

Well lets see:

They both take the position that they are non-conventional politicians

They both portray themselves as common folk

They both base their "Charm" on folksy language

Perot started a third party, there is speculation that Palin may try to start a third party.

They both quit because of concerns about their families.

Like I said Jall....the facts are the facts....you can't change em.

Just saw this: NBC’s Viqueira Likens ‘Erratic’ Palin to Ross Perot at More About Politics

obviously I'm not the only one who sees a Palin/Perot comparison.

Last edited:
Well lets see:

Perot started a third party, there is speculation that Palin may try to start a third party.

Just saw this: NBC’s Viqueira Likens ‘Erratic’ Palin to Ross Perot at More About Politics

Meh. You can find any kook to agree with any kookie opinion you want these days. That's the fun of the internetz.

The 'Cap And Tax' Dead End
By Sarah Palin
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There is no shortage of threats to our economy. America's unemployment rate recently hit its highest mark in more than 25 years and is expected to continue climbing. Worries are widespread that even when the economy finally rebounds, the recovery won't bring jobs. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented.

Unfortunately, many in the national media would rather focus on the personality-driven political gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges. So, at risk of disappointing the chattering class, let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be:

I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage.

We have an important choice to make. Do we want to control our energy supply and its environmental impact? Or, do we want to outsource it to China, Russia and Saudi Arabia? Make no mistake: President Obama's plan will result in the latter.

For so many reasons, we can't afford to kill responsible domestic energy production or clobber every American consumer with higher prices.

Can America produce more of its own energy through strategic investments that protect the environment, revive our economy and secure our nation?

Yes, we can. Just not with Barack Obama's energy cap-and-tax plan.
washingtonpost.com

Palin's PAC raised $733,000 in it first outing.
FEC Disclosure Form 3 for Sarah PAC

Palin's PAC Raises $700,000+

Update, 4:10 p.m.: Palin has collected at least $200,000 more for Sarah PAC since the reporting period closed at the end of last month, according to a source familiar with the numbers. Palin's resignation -- announced on July 3 -- triggered a flood of donations to the PAC, the source added.
Palin's showing is, however, a sign that she can raise cash at the national level and that she will be a player in the 2010 midterm elections if she, as expected, chooses to involve herself in downballot races.

It is all the more impressive given the chaos that surrounded her operation -- and herself -- over the first half of 2009. If Palin can spend her time out of office organizing a serious national effort, these numbers suggest the financial support is out there to help her.
The Fix - Palin's PAC Raises $700,000+

Well lets see:

Perot was a bit of a flake but he pretty much had a lot right about the economy and deficits. Perot also actually started a company from scratch.

Now what did Igloo Palin do? Well she went shopping for clothes, abused her power as a governor, took Federal money after saying that she would not, exposed her own familiy including her children to the media and then cried about it, had her state pay for political trips, took per diem expenses on shakey grounds and then quit and said that she wasn't a quiter. The last stunt would be as if a woman said she was not pregnant and then delivers a bouncing baby.

Advantage -Perot.

Perot was a bit of a flake but he pretty much had a lot right about the economy and deficits. Perot also actually started a company from scratch.

Now what did Igloo Palin do?

And any point you might have had (seriously doubtful in and of itself) was completely lost the moment you decided to spew childish monikers.

More irrational hatred of Palin from radical leftists. I'm starting to like her more and more everyday. Keep it up whackos.

More irrational hatred of Palin from radical leftists. I'm starting to like her more and more everyday. Keep it up whackos.

Now here we would have had a solidly intellectual posting but it appears that a diferrence of opinion is confused with hatred and instead of posting a retort to the Perils of Palin we get name calling. Otherwise a real great post keep up the great work, PALIN/SANFORD 2012 needs you.

Now here we would have had a solidly intellectual posting but it appears that a diferrence of opinion is confused with hatred and instead of posting a retort to the Perils of Palin we get name calling. Otherwise a real great post keep up the great work, PALIN/SANFORD 2012 needs you.

Don't worry lefty. I'll vote for a monkey if the GOP runs it against Obama.

Is that any more irrational than those that claimed Obama was a Muslim? I bet you didn't get your panties in a tiwst over them calling Obama a Muslim did ya?

If you are REALLY basing your decision what extremists say and then vote the opposite, I feel sorry for ya.

You claim to be independent, but all you do is want to vote against what the extremist left has said, ALL THE WHILE ignoring what the extremist right has to say about the other candidate.

One thing I learned from the 2004 elections (that the right didn't learn from the left) is insulting your opponent doesn't make the other guy better.

That is what McCain/Palin did with Obama. And that is what Kerry/Edwards did with Bush.

Insulting the other candidate only goes so far. LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES.

Moderator's Warning:
Cease the personal attacks or there will be further consequences.

Is that any more irrational than those that claimed Obama was a Muslim? I bet you didn't get your panties in a tiwst over them calling Obama a Muslim did ya?

Actually, I did. I defended Obama numerous times during the campaign. I even wished him and his supporters well after he won.

If you are REALLY basing your decision what extremists say and then vote the opposite, I feel sorry for ya.

No, I've made a conscious decision to vote for whoever runs against Obama. He is so bad, so corrupt, so dangerous to this country's security and future prosperity that I'd even vote for a chicken-**** Republican.

I'm violating my principles in order to do something pragmatic, but unlike most people in this forum, I'm more than willing to admit my inconsistency instead of constructing some convoluted and illogical argument in order to hide the truth from myself.

ETHEREAL IS VIOLATING HIS PRINCIPLES! TELL EVERYONE! I'M INCONSISTENT!

:2wave:

You claim to be independent, but all you do is want to vote against what the extremist left has said, ALL THE WHILE ignoring what the extremist right has to say about the other candidate.

One thing I learned from the 2004 elections (that the right didn't learn from the left) is insulting your opponent doesn't make the other guy better.

That is what McCain/Palin did with Obama. And that is what Kerry/Edwards did with Bush.

Insulting the other candidate only goes so far. LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES.

I'm not "independent", I'm a libertarian with no party affiliation. This means Barack Obama and the policies he represents are fundamentally wrong to me, as such, I must sacrifice my principles in order to remove him from office.

I see you voted for McCain, then...

:mrgreen:

Nope, but I wish I had. I wish all of us libertarian and independent conservatives would have thrown our support behind McCain. He's wasn't an ideal candidate but compared to Obama he's god-damn Thomas Jefferson.

Back
Top Bottom