• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as trans middle school athlete wins girls’ shot put event by more than 3 feet

Nope, not mad about that. My view is that this is an overblown concern. A mountain out of a molehill.

This is simply something that will take society some time to work out as we have the tech and it’s not going to change at this point. Until then, we will see people try to use it to manufacture outrage.
People are not outraged at how mad you are about this issue. Boys competing against girls in sport is something that 98% of the people understand as unacceptable, in competition. Then we have the few Girl Haters out there that Hate the fact that less than one person in a hundred are being told that they can not disrupt girls sports. Sure.. . you are not mad. 🤗

You didn't answer the question about when puberty blockers are given.
Puberty blockers are given after puberty in a retroactive attempt to stop the puberty that has already taken place... right?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Hey, I don't care whether you know the response. I'm just interested in determining who has a handle on the basics here....
It is very evident who does not have a handle on the basics here... 🤭

People are not outraged at how mad you are about this issue. Boys competing against girls in sport is something that 98% of the people understand as unacceptable, in competition. Then we have the few Girl Haters out there that Hate the fact that less than one person in a hundred are being told that they can not disrupt girls sports. Sure.. . you are not mad. 🤗
Nice try. However I already explained my position.

So you want to try again or keep gaslighting?

Or a Psych Major, I hope.

You like to try and tell people what you think that they don't know instead of showing a quote proving that they did not know.

I did not answer your idiotically simple question, for a reason, BTW, and that leads you to conclude that I do not know when puberty blockers are given and why? LOL You should be ashamed at even asking the question, not trying to insinuate that others do not know the answer. 🤭
????

So, you do know but for some reason don't want to let others know you know, or you don't know the answer and won't ask for information....yet I'm the one supposed to be "ashamed" for "even asking the question"....

lol...you be you, Bodi.

Last edited:
????

So, you do know but for some reason don't want to let others know you know, or you don't know the answer and won't ask for information....yet I'm the one supposed to be "ashamed" for "even asking the question"....
So I do know and figure that everybody knows and that means that anybody asking the question is already hopelessly out of their depth. 🤗
lol...you be you, Bodi.
Always! (y)

You are free to your position... even if it is inaccurate.
I understand that you disagree with it, however I believe my position is accurate. This is just tech that society has not fully built mores around.
I am not sure that is the accurate term.
If you are question whether I am mad or not, then yes it is gaslighting as you are attempting to make me doubt my own experience or emotional state, which I know quite well. What you are doing here is fundamentally dishonest.

I understand that you disagree with it, however I believe my position is accurate. This is just tech that society has not fully built mores around.
Are you saying that you think that technology will eventually make competition between trans girls and actual girls even..?

That could very well be, and probably totally accurate... but how does that correct the injustice of what is happening now.?

Are you saying that you think that technology will eventually make competition between trans girls and actual girls even..?
I don't know if it will or not, nor am I aware of which measurement for "even" we are discussing. From what I can tell, you have some sort of intuitive sense of "normal" that you have not fully communicated on an objective basis.
That could very well be, and probably totally accurate... but how does that correct the injustice of what is happening now.?
We all face minor hardships every day yet there is no correction for that. I am dealing with a terrible work situation, for example. Again, its a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't know if it will or not, nor am I aware of which measurement for "even" we are discussing. From what I can tell, you have some sort of intuitive sense of "normal" that you have not fully communicated on an objective basis.

We all face minor hardships every day yet there is no correction for that. I am dealing with a terrible work situation, for example. Again, its a mountain out of a molehill.
Sorry to hear that... but to put it in perspective ... those girls just trying to compete against girls would find you situation nothing for them to have to worry about... but some might say, hey, we have a real issue and others are not supporting us because they have an issue,... but we should all really deal with out issues in a unified manner as ALL ARE IMPORTANT.

Sorry to hear that... but to put it in perspective ... those girls just trying to compete against girls would find you situation nothing for them to have to worry about... but some might say, hey, we have a real issue and others are not supporting us because they have an issue,... but we should all really deal with out issues in a unified manner as ALL ARE IMPORTANT.
This post of yours appears to be a bit stream of conscious and I am not following. What point are you trying to make here?

But wait! This can't be! @Lisa posted that this simply doesn't happen, under aged puberty blockers.
Feel free to explain your accusation. Puberty blockers are used to delay puberty, whenever it begins. That is why they exist.

I have questions if she is actually on puberty blockers because I have not aware of a case when blockers and HRT are used at the same time. Once HRT begins blockers are usually stopped and some form of anti-androgen is used instead. In the US it is usually spiro because cypro is not currently available.

This isn’t right. Straight up sick and stupid.

liberals/Democrats will not stand up for women overall

this is about political correctness and LGBTQ favoritism - women can take a hike and be first and second losers

I tell you this - when a good 6'10" 250# D1 type (in men'ss bball) guy/transwoman goes to D1 women's basketball, averages 55 points a game and 25 rebounds ..... and absolutely dominates ..... things WILL change because women will have had enough of it

until then, women suffer

I’m disgusted that @VySky is here posting about a CHILD playing sports and being outraged about a 13 year old trans CHILD that’s been taking puberty blockers since elementary school. Legally has a BIRTH CERTIFICATE listing as a girl and has been taken puberty blockers since age 8 - therefore never having undergone male puberty.

But hey…bigotry knows no age limit.

Leave the kid alone.

I can’t imagine how hard it must be for this child to have had the courage to compete in this meet AND not break down crying when students on the other team wouldn’t even compete. 8th grade. 13 years old.

And already on the receiving end of vile hatred and now in the spotlight and crosshairs of bigots.

Bravo. Now mocking literal trans children
It’s not bigotry. It’s science. And it’s obvious to any right thinking person. It doesn’t matter how many different drugs his parents have allowed him to take. He will always be a male. There’s not one bit of mockery here. If he insists on behaving like a girl let him play with dolls and let the real girls play girls sports.

liberals/Democrats will not stand up for women overall

this is about political correctness and LGBTQ favoritism - women can take a hike and be first and second losers

I tell you this - when a good 6'10" 250# D1 type (in men'ss bball) guy/transwoman goes to D1 women's basketball, averages 55 points a game and 25 rebounds ..... and absolutely dominates ..... things WILL change because women will have had enough of it

until then, women suffer
I assume that you don't understand statistics if you make that outrageous claim.

Of the estimated 332 million citizens living in the United States, 1.3 million adults and 300,000 youth ages 13 to 17 identify as transgender, equaling half a percent and 1.4 percent of the population respectively, according to a report published by Williams Institute, a think tank at UCLA's Law School in 2022.

Not all transgender people identify as women, and an even smaller number consists of transgender women hoping to compete in girls' and women's sports.

Privacy laws make it tough to identify the exact number of transgender athletes competing in public school sports, but researcher and medical physicist Joanna Harper estimates the number can't exceed 100 nationwide.

"While we don't know the exact number of trans women competing in NCAA sports, I would be very surprised if there were more than 100 of them in the women's category," Harper told Newsweek.

One hundred transgender athletes would comprise an incredibly small number of the U.S. population, and the number dwindles even further when it comes to middle school and high school athletes Gillian Branstetter, a spokesperson for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said the number of transgender athletes isn't comprehensive, but she's also certain it's a very small portion of the nation's population. Branstetter told Newsweek that Save Women's Sports, an organization advocating for banning transgender athletes from competing in girls' sports, identified only five transgender athletes competing on girls' teams in school sports for grades K through 12.

I think I indicated some wondering about the age of this individual when the parents made the decision to go forward with whatever was medically advised by doctors and so I decided to start digging and see that I am going to get mighty deep into this topic and maybe somebody would care to see certain aspects of this that catches my attention. That would also mean I should be polite and not leave anyone guessing as to how I am collecting data.

So the first steps went like this:

Outline of transgender topics

That page above had this on the topic of puberty blockers:

Puberty blocker

What seems appropriate to highlight:

2nd paragraph from the top:

The use of puberty blockers in transgender youth is supported by twelve major American medical associations, including the American Medical Association,[6] the American Psychological Association,[7] the American Academy of Pediatrics,[8] along with four Australian medical organizations,[9] the Endocrine Society,[10] the European Society for Sexual Medicine,[11]:573 and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).[12]

Further down is this:

The Dutch Protocol

The "Dutch Protocol" was the first example of the use puberty blockers to treat gender dysphoria in children. It was developed by Peggy Cohen-Kettenis in the 1990s.[21] The statement was made that the treatment was fully reversible, and that a study of 70 children showed evidence that it had an overall positive outcome for those treated.[22] A number of subsequent studies appeared to support this treatment as safe and effective, and it became the standard treatment in the field.[23]

Since then, the use of puberty blockers has evolved as the result of further medical research and development of opinion within the medical community.

Under "Concerns" is the following I view to be of note at this early stage of study:

2nd paragraph:

Puberty blockers have not received FDA approval for use on children who are transgender, and are instead issued "off-label".[28] The practice of off-label prescription is common in children's medicine because many drugs lack pediatric-specific information in their marketing authorisation or approval. Doctors use their professional judgment to decide how to use these drugs, and the term 'off-label' itself does not indicate an improper, illegal, or experimental use of medicine.[29] According to pediatric endocrinology expert Brad Miller, pharmaceutical companies that make puberty blocker drugs for children with gender dysphoria have refused to submit them for FDA approval because doing so would cost too much money and "because (transgender treatment) was a political hot potato."[28]

Something that caught my eye in the third paragraph is this:

"... the studies that have been conducted generally indicate that these treatments are reasonably safe, ..."

That "reasonably safe" has me wondering because we are studying a very young human.

I placed that part about the Dutch Protocol as noteworthy because that gives us a timestamp of this treatment having been around for maybe 30 plus years. And I view that as important because of the lack of FDA approval. And I go back to that age thing; a treatment such as this for some really young folks and it has not yet received FDA approval. It just seems odd to me at this early stage of study.

Oh yes, and further thoughts are related to this bit of information you see above:

"... supported by twelve major American medical associations ..."

But still no FDA approval.

What did I say about puberty blockers that gave that away?

Dude, you post some seriously stupid shit.

Lots of bizarre posts from him for sure. He literally asked for specific evidence with links and then when I provided links to research in reputable journals, he complained that it wasn't a layperson journalist's interpretation of it because he's "not a physician"......because apparently only physicians can comprehend research articles.

Very strange...

I think I indicated some wondering about the age of this individual when the parents made the decision to go forward with whatever was medically advised by doctors and so I decided to start digging and see that I am going to get mighty deep into this topic and maybe somebody would care to see certain aspects of this that catches my attention. That would also mean I should be polite and not leave anyone guessing as to how I am collecting data.

So the first steps went like this:

Outline of transgender topics

That page above had this on the topic of puberty blockers:

Puberty blocker

What seems appropriate to highlight:

2nd paragraph from the top:

Further down is this:

Under "Concerns" is the following I view to be of note at this early stage of study:

2nd paragraph:

Something that caught my eye in the third paragraph is this:

That "reasonably safe" has me wondering because we are studying a very young human.

I placed that part about the Dutch Protocol as noteworthy because that gives us a timestamp of this treatment having been around for maybe 30 plus years. And I view that as important because of the lack of FDA approval. And I go back to that age thing; a treatment such as this for some really young folks and it has not yet received FDA approval. It just seems odd to me at this early stage of study.

Oh yes, and further thoughts are related to this bit of information you see above:

"... supported by twelve major American medical associations ..."

But still no FDA approval.
Research the financial implications. Follow the money. These supporters of gender transition always leave that part out. There’s a lot of money to be made in the transgender industry.

I assume that you don't understand statistics if you make that outrageous claim.

You’re the person whose god is logic. What’s logical about boys competing against girls in the shot put? What’s logical about boys identifying as girls? What’s logical about a boy having his penis snipped off and getting breast implants? I’ll be waiting for your logical response.

Let's be honest here....the folks on the right commenting are just trolling. They honestly don't care about this. It's about getting a reaction and scoring points so they can feel like they are "winners".

Think about it for a moment; it has no impact on them. It doesn't take away from them financially. Their lives are not ruined if a trans girl competes with other girls. Nothing is taken away from them over this particular issue. They are doing this because they want an online equivalent of a participation trophy from their peers.

nice discussion!

In WV girls turned out to protest a boy who competed in the girls competition.

And imagine this.

He dominated

This isn’t right. Straight up sick and stupid.

———-

this topic seems to be a mine field

Back
Top Bottom