• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Orban: "EU Globalists flood Europe with hostile Immigrants"

PakPuk

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Orban is probably the only decently patriotic leader of a European country right now.

Orban is probably the only decently patriotic leader of a European country right now.

By patriotic you mean fascist right?

Europe's New Dictator - POLITICO Magazine

He wants to build a Greater Hungary with all the peoples of Hungary including those living now in other countries... sound familiar? His idols are Russia, China, Turkey and Singapore.. all countries who are dictatorships or close to be. He has restricted religion to only approved religions in Hungary. And then there is how he treats the opposition.... the media

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/15899580-b9eb-11e5-bf7e-8a339b6f2164.html#axzz441oL9gw4

And lets not forget his corruption... he was once ousted due to corruption, got back in and is now involved in massive corruption. From the first article.

Eleni Kounalakis, US ambassador here for the first three years of Orbán’s regime, writes in a new memoir that her staff discovered these conclusions were “very well grounded in fact,” noting that a single company controlled by a close ally and former college roommate of Orbán’s, Közgép, had won $1.3 billion in government contracts in the first two years of his administration. “International companies located in Hungary that ordinarily would have bid for the projects told us it was no longer worth the time and money required to submit proposals, because Közgép was sure to win,” she recalled.

Still your hero?

Well, I guess one can be fascist (assuming the monicker totally fits) and patriotic at the same time.

"Decent" becomes problematic though.

I'm not Hungarian, so no. From the outside he looks like an honorable and measured leader.

You should pick up a newspaper then.. it has been covered by some at least.. the decay of democracy and liberty in Hungary and the rise of neo-fascist borderline Nazi right wingers.

You should pick up a newspaper then.. it has been covered by some at least.. the decay of democracy and liberty in Hungary and the rise of neo-fascist borderline Nazi right wingers.

It appears that Orban is the one defending democracy in Europe, while Merkel is destroying it.

You're wasting your breath Pete.

I'm beginning to wonder if some people think the only solution in Europe is to turn to fascist parties and tactics.

I'm beginning to wonder if some people think the only solution in Europe is to turn to fascist parties and tactics.

Why is securing one's border, protecting one's culture, and fighting for one's sovereignty immoral? Why should Hungary have their culture and national security eroded?

Why is securing one's border, protecting one's culture, and fighting for one's sovereignty immoral? Why should Hungary have their culture and national security eroded?

Who said it was immoral? It's how you do it that counts.

Who said it was immoral? It's how you do it that counts.

How is what Orban doing unacceptable? Why do you believe you should make decisions for Hungary and not the elected leader of that nation?

How is what Orban doing unacceptable? Why do you believe you should make decisions for Hungary and not the elected leader of that nation?

I'll give you that, the highest number of asylum applications and granted applications are actually in Hungary.

_88578065_asylum_claims_per_capita_624gr.png

I'll give you that, the highest number of asylum applications and granted applications are actually in Hungary.

Hungary are not exactly excelling financially, and they're quite a close-knit nation. To expect them to absorb a ridiculous number of completely foreign "refugees" and prop them up is unreasonable and immoral. Hungarian sovereignty and concerns for their well-being should, unequivocally, trump your intent to virtue-signal and indicate your bleeding-heart-love to help a situation that, frankly, shouldn't concern Europe at all.

Hungary are not exactly excelling financially, and they're quite a close-knit nation. To expect them to absorb a ridiculous number of completely foreign "refugees" and prop them up is unreasonable and immoral. Hungarian sovereignty and concerns for their well-being should, unequivocally, trump your intent to virtue-signal and indicate your bleeding-heart-love to help a situation that, frankly, shouldn't concern Europe at all.

Someone just said to me this rather apt line - I think you should read it.

"Why do you believe you should make decisions for Hungary and not the elected leader of that nation?"

"Why do you believe you should make decisions for Hungary and not the elected leader of that nation?"

I don't. That's exactly why I support Orban. Why don't you heed that advice instead of condemning him as an 'ebil fashist nazi!!!!!'

I don't. That's exactly why I support Orban. Why don't you heed that advice instead of condemning him as an 'ebil fashist nazi!!!!!'

Err, because I'm familiar with the history of Magyars and Slavs in the north, I also spent 4 summers in Slovakia talking to Slavs about the Magyar occupation. What's your qualification?

It appears that Orban is the one defending democracy in Europe, while Merkel is destroying it.

A man that removes the supreme court because it ruled against him is some how defending democracy? A man that has rigged the election system so that fraud will explode is defending democracy? A man that has clamped down on media critical of him and his government is suddenly defending democracy? A man connected to billions of dollars worth of corruption is now defending democracy? Seriously?

People who support Orban are the same people who supported Hitler, George Bush, Mussolini, Nixon, Kissinger and Vladimir V. Putin and are the exact opposite of humane Progressiveness.

People who support Orban are the same people who supported Hitler, George Bush, Mussolini, Nixon, Kissinger and Vladimir V. Putin and are the exact opposite of humane Progressiveness.

A broad brush is often a good tool. It does quick work on a barn door. Alas most of the important information is lost in your miniature.

_88578065_asylum_claims_per_capita_624gr.png

Would be a bit careful of that statistic. It does not define who those accepted asylum applications are. In Hungarys case we know that they refuse to accept Muslims, so who are they?

A broad brush is often a good tool. It does quick work on a barn door. Alas most of the important information is lost in your miniature.

:shrug: I see no need to complicate the matter.

A man that removes the supreme court because it ruled against him is some how defending democracy? A man that has rigged the election system so that fraud will explode is defending democracy? A man that has clamped down on media critical of him and his government is suddenly defending democracy? A man connected to billions of dollars worth of corruption is now defending democracy? Seriously?

Sounds like our ideal man. All you have to remember is that when Spanish democracy was under threat in the 1930's the democracies around it turned away and watched it go establishment/fascist rather than defend a liberal democracy.

Would be a bit careful of that statistic. It does not define who those accepted asylum applications are. In Hungarys case we know that they refuse to accept Muslims, so who are they?

I was responding to the general claim Orban's iron fist approach is protecting Hungary's borders. Our American friend is probably unknowing of the range of asylum seekers who enter Hungary when he claims Orban is "protecting" Hungary etc.

I wasn't claiming the seekers are muslims either; anyone over here in Europe who can do basic research would, like you, know that a range of peoples are seeking asylum - from Africans, muslims from the ME and other Eastern Europeans from Ukraine, Russia etc.

I was responding to the general claim Orban's iron fist approach is protecting Hungary's borders. Our American friend is probably unknowing of the range of asylum seekers who enter Hungary when he claims Orban is "protecting" Hungary etc.

I wasn't claiming the seekers are muslims either; anyone over here in Europe who can do basic research would, like you, know that a range of peoples are seeking asylum - from Africans, muslims from the ME and other Eastern Europeans from Ukraine, Russia etc.

I know that is why I said be careful with that statistic :) Each country have different rules and time tables for acceptance of asylum. For example, Egyptians can seek asylum in Germany but not in Denmark. And I suspect that most of those getting asylum in Hungary come from "Hungarian regions", aka parts of the former Hungarian Empire or allies of them.

Sounds like our ideal man. All you have to remember is that when Spanish democracy was under threat in the 1930's the democracies around it turned away and watched it go establishment/fascist rather than defend a liberal democracy.

Democracies around it.. even that would be a stretch back then :) Now days it is a scandal that the rest of Europe through the EU and other organisations have not marginalized Hungray and other countries that go down this path.

Back
Top Bottom