• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama continues his vacation in Hawaii while Missouri drowns in flood waters

I don't think you've mentioned Governor Blanco once in your comments in this thread. You simply absolve Mayor Nagin of any responsibility and jump straight to blaming President Bush. You are aware, aren't you, that there is a Governor in Louisiana and what a Governor's responsibilities are for preparing for and managing such crises, right?

oh, there is plenty of blame to go around ... unlike now
which is why expecting the same media attention for the katrina fubar with the present competent midwest disaster response is found to be very bogus

All you have done is show that he was trying to pawn off his own responsibilities, in the case of such major disasters. You're simply proving my point.

It is simply false that FEMA provided appropriate assistance. It borders on delusion to claim such and is disrespectful to the endless dead caused by their incompetence.

Your posts are idiotic drivel and I've wasted enough of my 2016 on them. Enjoy your mental fog.

oh, there is plenty of blame to go around ... unlike now
which is why expecting the same media attention for the katrina fubar with the present competent midwest disaster response is found to be very bogus

You get the media you deserve and desire - enjoy the fog.

So you admit that remaining was not a good idea? So tell me. Why should they have stayed? You have a good reason?

staying was a gamble
which turned out to be deadly for many
who were also the poor

and because they were poor, they were dependent upon government assistance to get them to safety
and government failed them
the buses were available
but no safe destination to transport them to

Your posts are idiotic drivel and I've wasted enough of my 2016 on them. Enjoy your mental fog.

Wait, I thought you "won" this thread.

Sucks when you make an angry rant thread and people don't agree with your rants.

Of course, you didn't answer the question because the answer would embarrass you and destroy your narrative. So instead, as is the norm here on DP, you attack my nationality. Well done.

You're embarrassing yourself. From the outset I said that Missouri takes in more federal taxes than it gives so they should have funds to take care of this on their own since they have the money to do so. Now I've said that since Nevada gets less than what we give. You would do well to stop commenting on the American political sphere without brushing up on how things work.

It wasn't the job of the governor during Katrina. It was all Bush's fault. Just ask Kanye West.

I'm replying to your PUB BS as it is shorter than the other PUB whines...

First the natural disasters now are spread across many states, the states are not overwhelmed by massive deaths and destruction- most areas hit by the ice storms have recovered- the flood areas are not huge swaths across the states like Katrina, and the death count is less than 10% of Katrina.

Comparing this crap to the third most intense hurricane, most costly natural disaster, that took out a major US city and huge swath of the South is just partisan lunacy.

Why do Pubs constantly try and make these false equivalents??? :doh

Now the even funnier part is the PUB false assertion they know how to manage and govern and love attacking DEMs as lacking that skill set. Lets face it, BushII chose friends and good ol' boys over competent managers. 'Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job' until he was dumped... :roll:

No this mess isn't anything close to Katrina, but does point to another PUB denial- climate change is turning winter weather much more dramatic....

But let's ignore what we should talk about and pretend this is like Katrina... :peace

Aint this the job of the governor and not the President? Funny how conservative want more power to the states, and yet when a disaster happens then it is "it is all the Presidents fault" bull**** starts.

How about no one should be living in flood plains?

I see. So you agree GW was unfairly criticized over Kartina?

You're embarrassing yourself. From the outset I said that Missouri takes in more federal taxes than it gives so they should have funds to take care of this on their own since they have the money to do so. Now I've said that since Nevada gets less than what we give. You would do well to stop commenting on the American political sphere without brushing up on how things work.

You criticized Missouri for getting federal relief funds - as a result, I asked you if your State ever gets federal relief funds and you couldn't answer because it would show that you're a hypocrite. It's okay, I really didn't need to answer to draw the result.

The hypocrisy is great. But, I don't think Obama can do a whole lot. Unless he's going to swim door to door and rescue people, he can coordinate just fine from Hawaii. But, keep this in the back pocket because which ever Republican wins the election this year will be held to the higher standard.

Not by Republicans they won't. I guarantee a similar situation will come up, and Democrats will run to attack, but Republicans will defend him. That's just the nature of the system.

The fact is that none of them control the weather, and none of them don't take a vacation.

You criticized Missouri for getting federal relief funds - as a result, I asked you if your State ever gets federal relief funds and you couldn't answer because it would show that you're a hypocrite. It's okay, I really didn't need to answer to draw the result.
I know you're used to getting called on your bull****. That's why you started a thread criticizing Obama taking a vacation and then tried to backtrack and tried to pretend that this thread is about media coverage. That's why you're pretending that I criticized Missouri for taking relief funding when from the outset I said it's about Missouri taking in more dollars than they give.

I know you're used to getting called on your bull****. That's why you started a thread criticizing Obama taking a vacation and then tried to backtrack and tried to pretend that this thread is about media coverage. That's why you're pretending that I criticized Missouri for taking relief funding when from the outset I said it's about Missouri taking in more dollars than they give.

From your post #21 in this thread

If the Governor requests federal disaster relief then they are abandoning any responsibility for their state.

I appreciate that you may be forgetful, or perhaps you may think posters aren't smart enough to point out your blatant lying, but making it so easy for another to call you on your bull**** is really a bad look for you.

So I'll ask the question again - has your State ever taken federal emergency relief funds?

I fail to see where any of those are blaming Bush for the existence of Katrina. Did you understand what you read, here...?

Nobody blames Obama for the EXISTENCE of anything either. Kind of a lame diversion. I guess there is no point to your post. I don't blame Hillary for the existence of tables and chairs. I don't blame tree for rock.

Last edited:
I'm replying to your PUB BS as it is shorter than the other PUB whines...

First the natural disasters now are spread across many states, the states are not overwhelmed by massive deaths and destruction- most areas hit by the ice storms have recovered- the flood areas are not huge swaths across the states like Katrina, and the death count is less than 10% of Katrina.

Comparing this crap to the third most intense hurricane, most costly natural disaster, that took out a major US city and huge swath of the South is just partisan lunacy.

Factually correct, it is less then 10% of Katrina, but 22 v 1800 is actually closer to 1%.

Why do Pubs constantly try and make these false equivalents??? :doh

Now the even funnier part is the PUB false assertion they know how to manage and govern and love attacking DEMs as lacking that skill set. Lets face it, BushII chose friends and good ol' boys over competent managers. 'Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job' until he was dumped... :roll:

No this mess isn't anything close to Katrina, but does point to another PUB denial- climate change is turning winter weather much more dramatic....

But let's ignore what we should talk about and pretend this is like Katrina... :peace

They keep trying false equivalence because many have no perspective. First, many think Bush wasn't all that bad, yet most of us know that he may be one of the worst Presidents in US history, starting capricious wars that he could not complete at an immense cost in lives and taxpayer expense and then financing his boondoggle with tax cuts. We continue to dig out from his incompetence.

Most of these false equivalence claims are people grasping at straws because they know how bad Bush was, but can not admit it, so they try these lame "see, Obama is just the same as Bush"... but, most of these indictments are lame to laughable, such as this one.

That all said, its hard to understand why we currently have 200+ posts over such an obvious non-issue.

I wouldn't know - why don't you share your experience and describe it.

You have been owned enough on this thread. It was hilarious watching your whining.

I see. So you agree GW was unfairly criticized over Kartina?

Nope far from it. He got what he deserved. His administration was ill prepared and reacted slowly and so on.

Nope far from it. He got what he deserved. His administration was ill prepared and reacted slowly and so on.
Lol, that's what I thought. Leftist hypocrisy at it's finest.

You're basing this question on a baseless belief that somehow the media are all in some kind of conspiracy together. It's not even worth addressing because no matter what answer I give you, your conspiracy theorism will persist.

It's not a conspiracy. It's just the way it is. The mainstream media tilts to the left so they all think the same.

"Obama continues his vacation in Hawaii while Missouri drowns in flood waters"

If only we could get him to take a year long vacation. Many people in Missouri would probably appreciate that more than a flyover.

Then this thread is in the wrong forum. It should be in the "Bias in the Media" forum, but from reading the posts that's really not what this is about. It's a criticism against Pres. Obama - period. So, let's not try to move the goal post.

Again, this isn't about the media. It's about Pres. Obama and every one of you anti-Obama critics have jumped on board to demonize him. At least be honest about it.

That we can agree with, but to be perfectly honest this has been a problem since the last great MS flood of 1927. It'll continue to be an area of concern and a big problem as long as people live around big waterways.

See! :shock: You're not fooling anybody but yourself. :2wave:

The Mississippi just flooded in 1993 killing 32 people. I remember it because it delayed our train a couple of times. It wasn't too bad but still a major flooding event of the Mississippi.

Perhaps the media learned their lesson after Katrina and not so quick to point the finger icorrectly this time. Isn't that what people wanted? You don't like that they blamed Bush so they should mess up again and blame Obama?

The shouldnt be in the blame game at all. They should report what is happening. They certainly shouldnt avoid reporting something because it might make their preferred ideology look bad.

You're basing this question on a baseless belief that somehow the media are all in some kind of conspiracy together. It's not even worth addressing because no matter what answer I give you, your conspiracy theorism will persist.

I made no such accusation of conspiracy. This is simply how they are. There doesnt have to be any collusion.

I'm curious. Where's the media outcry and criticism of President Obama continuing his vacation in Hawaii while dozens of people have died in storms this past week and thousands of people have been evacuated and dozens have lost their lives in floodwaters in Missouri?

Missouri news:

Deadly, rare winter flood slams Missouri - CBS News

Obama news:

President Obama's Hawaiian vacation continues with luau on Oahu' - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

President Bush gets slaughtered for his "flyover" of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and blamed for deaths and destruction there and President Obama enjoys playing golf and is feted with Hawaiian cuisine while Missourians suffer.

President Barack Obama and Gov. Jay Nixon talked Wednesday morning about the flooding crisis in Missouri.

Principal Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz issued this statement concerning the call:

“This morning the President phoned Missouri Governor Jay Nixon to receive a briefing on the state’s response to severe weather and to offer the Administration’s continued support in the coming days.

“The President thanked the Governor for his leadership during this challenging time, and expressed condolences on behalf of the First Lady and himself for those who lost their lives as a result of the flooding in Missouri.

“The President told the Governor that he has directed his staff to monitor the situation closely, and to coordinate with the Governor’s team on any federal assistance that may be needed.”

Article is here.

Back
Top Bottom