• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea nukes Washington… in its propaganda video, anyway

Re: "North Korea nukes Washington"

The question is what can BO's administration do and what will they do? Nothing. A GOP stat:the US military hasn't been this outdated since WWI.

The U.S. military hasn't been updated Since WWI?

Your statement tells me two things:

1. You've never served and are clueless of our military.

2. You pulled that out of your ass. There is no GOP stat that says that.

I can assure you we are bound by treaty to SK in case of an attack and president Obama (notice I wasn't disrespectful and call him "BO") would not hesitate to honor that treaty. Furthermore only a fool would pre-emtively attack NK and bring on thousands of dead. Unlike his predecessor our president is no fool.

What should an American administration do? Threaten them. Have the 'potency' and the will to carry out the threat, if necessary. Get the Chinese and Japanese involved in this 'threat' pressure. Getting a Chinese and Japanese coalition against N. Korea should have been attempted long ago. N. Korea has been psychotic for many years under Il and Un. N. Korea gets most of their food from China. Japan provides a good deal of technology to N. Korea.

The military is outdated. Old war machines.... Machines that don't have the latest in fighting technology.

You may be making a mistake in thinking China would be on our side.

I also find it amusing that the party whose 2 leading Presidential candidates talk about "carpet bombing" are concerned with the military outdated. You do know that carpet bombing is a very old method of bombing, and hasn't been used by a modern military in 50 years, right?

The U.S. military hasn't been updated Since WWI?

Your statement tells me two things:

1. You've never served and are clueless of our military.

2. You pulled that out of your ass. There is no GOP stat that says that.

I can assure you we are bound by treaty to SK in case of an attack and president Obama (notice I wasn't disrespectful and call him "BO") would not hesitate to honor that treaty. Furthermore only a fool would pre-emtively attack NK and bring on thousands of dead. Unlike his predecessor our president is no fool.

If that stat were true, wouldn't we still be using bi-planes and mustard gas? Apparently, the GOP has forgotten about the nuclear bomb, which is what the whole thread was started with in the first place. (Fun fact: there were no nuclear weapons used in WWI.)

Just watched the video.

Nice bit where the NK sub launches a ICBM. Good that. Of course it would have to do it from inside the harbour or the yanks will sink it as soon as it is out of camera shot of the North Koreans.

If that stat were true, wouldn't we still be using bi-planes and mustard gas? Apparently, the GOP has forgotten about the nuclear bomb, which is what the whole thread was started with in the first place.
(Fun fact: there were no nuclear weapons used in WWI.)

But the USA used 2 nukes to end WWII with Japan.

China derives benefits from this. The Norks are supplying missile technology to Iran which means we have to pay attention to it.

The motive is to use the Norks to destabilize or areas of engagement. The Chinese view of the world is simple: "We only care if we are losing something".

I'm personally surprised China hasn't steam-rolled North Korea, took the land, and looked wonderful in the world view for taking out a terrible dictator.

That.... I never even thought about.

China would be doing the world a favor, for sure.

But none in WWI.
Which is the last time we updated our military apparently.

According to people who are out of touch with reality.

"Better days are coming" ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

But none in WWI. Which is the last time we updated our military apparently.

We didn't have any Supercarriers in WWI, either. But today we have 12.
We also didn't have 5,000+ aircraft, as we do today, back then, either.
We also didn't have 10,000+ nukes.
A fleet of over 500 warships.
Billions of weapons.
Hundreds of billions of ammunition (or whatever that crazy ridiculous big-ass number is).
NORAD
CIA
NSA Prism program
Hundreds of bases in dozens of countries
Thousands of tanks
Thousands of different types of missile and other advanced technology
Millions of DoD employees
Hundreds of thousands of paramilitary
Air Force One
M16A1's
GLOCKS
Heat-seeking
Surveillance
Kevlar
Underslung grenade launchers
Most of today's automatic weapons
Bazookas
...I could go on.

Last edited:

I'm personally surprised China hasn't steam-rolled North Korea, took the land, and looked wonderful in the world view for taking out a terrible dictator.

North Korea is a buffer zone between it and American military forces (South Korea).

You do know that carpet bombing is a very old method of bombing, and hasn't been used by a modern military in 50 years, right?

Mainly because there hasn't been a real war in the longest.

And hopefully, that will remain truth for centuries to come.

Last edited:

What ally has the USA betrayed?

Fill us in.

The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

We promised to protect Ukraine if they were to give up their nuclear weapons. I can see giving Russia, Crimea because really, that was Russian land, but now they are pushing into Ukrainian soil, they are violating their sovereignty, and what are we doing about it.

Billions of weapons.
Hundreds of billions of ammunition (or whatever that crazy ridiculous big-ass number is).
NORAD
CIA
NSA Prism program
Thousands of tanks
Air Force One
M16A1's
GLOCKS
Heat-seeking
Surveillance
Kevlar
Bazookas
...I could go on.

Not to mention our M1 Abrams tank has never been destroyed by small arms, and whatever IEDs were made up.

The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

We promised to protect Ukraine if they were to give up their nuclear weapons. I can see giving Russia, Crimea because really, that was Russian land, but now they are pushing into Ukrainian soil, they are violating their sovereignty, and
what are we doing about it.

What do you suggest that the USA do (Without kicking off a nuclear WWIII.)?

You're going to lead the charge since it's your idea,eh?

:lol:

You may be making a mistake in thinking China would be on our side.

I also find it amusing that the party whose 2 leading Presidential candidates talk about "carpet bombing" are concerned with the military outdated. You do know that carpet bombing is a very old method of bombing, and hasn't been used by a modern military in 50 years, right?
Cruz is the carpet bomber. He's actually backed away from this position. Cruz is more willing to use the US military for a wide variety of purposes than Trump.

But the USA used 2 nukes to end WWII with Japan.
No one wins any arguments with rhetoric.The stat is the US military is not on the forefront of the leading edge of technology similar to the US military's lack of leading edge technology during WWI. It means US's killing machines are dilapidated.Mackenzie Eaglen: Defense Cuts and America's Outdated Military - WSJ 7 Outdated Technologies Used by the U.S. Military Is U.S. military becoming outdated? (Opinion) - CNN.com

Last edited:

China has been consistent in not interfering with countries ruled by dictators, especially those who violate human rights.

That would be hypocritical now wouldn't it?

What do you suggest that the USA do (Without kicking off a nuclear WWIII.)?

You're going to lead the charge since it's your idea,eh?

:lol:

We should of never taken the nuclear weapons out of Ukraine. Period, it is too late now to do jack about it, other than try to negotiate a treaty with Russia for them to stop their aggression. We probably need to cede land to Russia from Ukraine, because some Ukrainians want to be Russians!

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065705705 said:
China has been consistent in not interfering with countries ruled by dictators, especially those who violate human rights.

That would be hypocritical now wouldn't it?

Shhh, they are almost a dictatorship :), they can claim they are somehow a Democratic Dictatorship.

Pokemon music..

That's one way to clean up DC. I believe we should continue to accept other, alternative suggestions.

No, I don't think so unless you were in North Korea, and saw it. The Youtube channel says it was released yesterday.

It was probably posted on Youtube yesterday: there's a difference. And from a Russian state television story?

naaaaahhhh

A North Korean propaganda video shows Washington DC being reduced to nothing by a massive artillery barrage, and then blown to bits by a nuclear missile. Could this be Kimmy Jong Un's wet dream?

Do you believe Kim Jong Un feels he is ready to start a war, perhaps with South Korea, or do something idiotic with his small nuclear arsenal. Do you feel North Korea is one toothpick breaking away from breaking open a 68 year old feud.

If so do you think that the U.S should act preemptively to strike down the dictator for hopefully minimum damage, or wait for him to strike our ally South Korea. Do we help South Korea, or do we betray yet another of our allies.

https://www.rt.com/news/337292-north-korea-nukes-washington-video

If anything does happen I hope it waits until the new President is in office.

I don't think Obama has the will to fight anybody for anything.

Billions of weapons.
NORAD
CIA
NSA Prism program
Thousands of tanks
Air Force One
M16A1's
GLOCKS
Heat-seeking
Surveillance
Kevlar
Bazookas
...I could go on.

You forgot to add that everything is now painted sand color instead of jungle color.

Back
Top Bottom