• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Normal Day In Gaza Before October 7 | Walking Tour In Gaza Palestine 2023 (3 Viewers)

May not be nice but its home to a lot of people. **** israel

Ugh, makes me feel so sad for the citizens who just want peace, like the Israeli citizens who also just want peace. The majority of both sides, the normal people just living day to day just want peace. Only a few on each side do not. That's how it is in all conflicts.

I remember when Trump was president, and I'd travel and have to represent him in another country. I had no choice, I didn't even want him to represent America but that's just how it goes.

That's in Northern Gaza, about ten minutes from what was the Indonesian hospital which is pretty much in ruins now.

Damage, rubble and dirt. That's pretty much it.

Ugh, makes me feel so sad for the citizens who just want peace, like the Israeli citizens who also just want peace. The majority of both sides, the normal people just living day to day just want peace. Only a few on each side do not. That's how it is in all conflicts.

I remember when Trump was president, and I'd travel and have to represent him in another country. I had no choice, I didn't even want him to represent America but that's just how it goes.
I guess the people who started this should turn themselves in and give back the hostages that haven't died yet.

Both of those videos are obviously AI generated. I've been reliably informed that Gazans have been living in an open-air prison this entire time. Shame on your for posting Jewish propaganda.

Wow. Seems like a reasonable place, quiet, peaceful, busy, despite billions in investment having been diverted by Hamas for years by this point, going instead toward personal enrichment of their billionaire leaders and the building of tunnels and purchase / construction of rockets.

It’s too bad that for Hamas and the majority of Palestinians in Gaza who support them, their hatred of Jews was greater than their love for each other.

1. Many thanks to the OP for those two videos.

2. Like many other people in the world, I have never seen scenes of everyday life in "Palestine."

3. I was especially astonished by the scenes in Ramallah.

a. The tall buildings and numerous cars astonished me.

b. It seemed to show a medium-sized city in almost any developed country in the world.

4. Sure hope that the powers-that-be can eventually come up with the establishment of a truly independent state for the Palestinian people.

How do you know?

Well, they don't run the West Bank. Hamas is a governing organization and a militant resistance group. There is no militant resistance from Palestinians in the West Bank. It's under Israeli control. So... why was it the deadliest year in the West Bank prior to October 7th for Palestinians?

Well, they don't run the West Bank. Hamas is a governing organization and a militant resistance group. There is no militant resistance from Palestinians in the West Bank. It's under Israeli control. So... why was it the deadliest year in the West Bank prior to October 7th for Palestinians?
That might not be quite true:

Hamas in West Bank

What the guy above me said.

Technically, a percent less than half of the West Bank is governed by Palestinians, but it's by the PA, who is thoroughly corrupted and generally acts as an agent of Israel (worse than Hamas), which is why they have almost no support from the Palestinian people. Of course, that's not enough for Netanyahu, who has been collecting Palestinian taxes and stealing them instead of giving them to the PA.

That might not be quite true:

Hamas in West Bank

I can't find any source indicating that there is a significant militant pretense in the West Bank that isn't some nebulous comment by the Israeli official. It's not under the control of Hamas, and due to the insane surveillance of Palestinians in the West Bank, how would such a resistance even function? The streets are CCTV 24/7, they use facial recognition AI, and no Palestinian can move freely. Hell, the reason October 7th even happened as it did was because the IDF had moved most of its security to the West Bank to help settlers inflict violence on the Palestinians.

Technically, a percent less than half of the West Bank is governed by Palestinians, but it's by the PA, who is thoroughly corrupted and generally acts as an agent of Israel (worse than Hamas), which is why they have almost no support from the Palestinian people. Of course, that's not enough for Netanyahu, who has been collecting Palestinian taxes and stealing them instead of giving them to the PA.

It's difficult to say the Palestinian Authority have any real power, since they only have administrative control over a small fraction of the area. And yeah, Netanyahu is soooo corrupt he makes Donald Trump's corruption look quaint. This is the Western Democracy that is so lofty in the region. This entire "war" is being waged, in large part, to keep Netanyahu out of jail.

I can't find any source indicating that there is a significant militant pretense in the West Bank that isn't some nebulous comment by the Israeli official. It's not under the control of Hamas, and due to the insane surveillance of Palestinians in the West Bank, how would such a resistance even function? The streets are CCTV 24/7, they use facial recognition AI, and no Palestinian can move freely. Hell, the reason October 7th even happened as it did was because the IDF had moved most of its security to the West Bank to help settlers inflict violence on the Palestinians.
You didn't say "significant" until your point was challenged.

Event the DNI noted that Hamas has a presence in the West Bank: "Primarily in Gaza; also maintains a presence in the West Bank; Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon; and key regional capitals, such as Doha, Qatar, and Cairo, Egypt."

Link

I have no idea what Israeli official you are referencing in anything I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom