• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2024 discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Sounds like a fun drive. You gotta love those corn fields.

I saw a Caitlan Clark highlight reel. She's really good at making layups. She has a nice little set shot.

Who do I got? I got Nikola Jokic. He's about to win his third MVP in four years.
If that post illustrates the limit of your sports knowledge, then it isn’t much, no matter how much you spam this board with any thought that enters your head. This thread is borderline unreadable.

That trade wasn’t just bad. It was horrific. The price to get him was way too high, and the “consensus” you refer to must mean those in the Broncos’ echo chamber, local media, and fanboys. Was the QB position thought of as an upgrade by bringing in Wilson? Yes, but to call it a great move for a 33-year old QB who showed regression with the Seahawks from the 2020 season to the 2021 season wasn’t true. More questions than answers, more hope than reality, and boy, did things play out that way.
At the time the of the trade the Broncos were up for sale. It was not a horrific move at the time considering acquiring Russ elevated the asking price and made Denver a more desirable franchise. I knew it was a bad move but it was out of my control. Also at the time 90% of people thought it was a great move for the Broncos.

If that post illustrates the limit of your sports knowledge, then it isn’t much, no matter how much you spam this board with any thought that enters your head. This thread is borderline unreadable.
You seem to have more of an angry and emotional style of posting. I focus on facts and deep analysis. It’s all good. It makes tor good debate.

Bill Walsh once said that if you have seen a QB play at a high level consistently in the past don't worry so much if they have a bad performance. The ability is there and it will be up to the coaches to make sure the player reaches his potential. This is why landing spots is so important for these guy's. I could see Caleb Williams struggle in Chicago. I could see Nix flourish in Denver.

Oregon threw a ton of short passes and screens. Nix was very good at this. People assume he doesn't have a big arm but he does.

Mcarthy wasn't asked to do much at Michigan but when he was he made the plays. He has the highest passer rating on third down out of any of these QB prospects.

I wouldn’t doubt if Penix turns out to be the gem of the draft. People still remember the championship game. He has injury concerns. That being said, he has been healthy the last two years. He is one of two players to throw for more than 4500 yards two years in a row. The other is Pat Mahomes.

Spencer Rattler started out as a cocky unlikable person. It sounds like he’s turned the corner attitude wise. He was once compared to Mahomes. I bet he sneaks into the second round.

Rattler has impressed me with the way he has bounced back. He looked like his collegiate career was in a tailspin after he got pulled at Oklahoma. I think there was just so much pressure to be a QB at Oklahoma because they had just had so many good ones. Mayfield, Murray, Hurts, and then he's supposed to be the next great QB up, and I think he came up during the pandemic year, which was a weird way to begin a career. He just never got comfortable and Williams became the man. But Rattler's got talent and he's overcome a lot. I agree that he could be a steal.

I don't always get into the draft, but I think this could be remembered as one of the bigger ones. We definitely have some possible future stars at QB, but I'm really excited about WRs, too. There's obviously Marvin Harrison Jr., but I like the duo from Georgia - Bowers and McConkey - a lot. McConkey kinda reminds me of Cooper Kupp. Bowers has potential to be one of the best TEs ever. I'm obviously biased but liking the duo from LSU, too: Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr., the latter of which doesn't get as much attention as he should.

I don't always get into the draft, but I think this could be remembered as one of the bigger ones. We definitely have some possible future stars at QB, but I'm really excited about WRs, too. There's obviously Marvin Harrison Jr., but I like the duo from Georgia - Bowers and McConkey - a lot. McConkey kinda reminds me of Cooper Kupp. Bowers has potential to be one of the best TEs ever. I'm obviously biased but liking the duo from LSU, too: Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr., the latter of which doesn't get as much attention as he should.
I do like McConkey.

I love Nabers. The Giants would be dumb not to take him at six. They may go QB so who knows.

I’d love my Broncos to take Bowers at 12 if he fell and then trade back up into the first for a QB. It’s an unlikely scenario but it would be great.

I do like McConkey.

I love Nabers. The Giants would be dumb not to take him at six. They may go QB so who knows.

I’d love my Broncos to take Bowers at 12 if he fell and then trade back up into the first for a QB. It’s an unlikely scenario but it would be great.

Bowers with a solid QB would make the Broncos a different team, though to be honest, Wilson wasn't terrible. I think Payton knew he was going to find a way to get rid of Wilson before the season began, because of his contract, and probably because of his belief that Wilson's massive price tag a) wasn't worth it for the team, and b) that if Wilson couldn't figure that out on his own and be a little less selfish, then he had to go. Payton's trying to create a culture there. I get it. And despite the fact he ended up making Wilson walk the plank, he made Wilson a good QB again.

Bowers with a solid QB would make the Broncos a different team, though to be honest, Wilson wasn't terrible. I think Payton knew he was going to find a way to get rid of Wilson before the season began, because of his contract, and probably because of his belief that Wilson's massive price tag a) wasn't worth it for the team, and b) that if Wilson couldn't figure that out on his own and be a little less selfish, then he had to go. Payton's trying to create a culture there. I get it. And despite the fact he ended up making Wilson walk the plank, he made Wilson a good QB again.
Bowers would not only be the impact offensive weapon we need, he would also significantly upgrade our TE room.

It was obvious from the beginning that Payton had no plans for Wilson in the Bronco future. You would think he would have been singing the praises of his new QB but we heard none of that. In fact we heard the opposite. Payton did a great job of creating an offense that played to Wilsons skill set. He knew Wilson couldn’t run his offense when he took the job. He knew Denver would take a big cap hit if they released Wilson. Payton has a plan and he feels confident with getting rid of Russ.

I do like McConkey.

Nabers is like Justin Jefferson, Reke Hill, and a younger OBJ. Smaller, faster, great route runner. Had the dropsies, especially on punt returns, but got over it to become an elite receiver. His opposite, Brian Thomas Jr. gets overshadowed, but if you watch LSU highlights, you'll see he gets targets, especially when they want TDs. He's about 6'4, 210-215. Similar dude coming out of Florida State is Keon Coleman, who is really good himself.

I like JJ Mcarthy a lot but my goodness Penix throws a beautiful ball. I will happily take either of these guys for the Broncos.. I just saw a mock with the Vikings moving up to 5 to take JJ. I think Bo Nix will be the guy who falls probably to the mid second.

Nabers is like Justin Jefferson, Reke Hill, and a younger OBJ. Smaller, faster, great route runner. Had the dropsies, especially on punt returns, but got over it to become an elite receiver. His opposite, Brian Thomas Jr. gets overshadowed, but if you watch LSU highlights, you'll see he gets targets, especially when they want TDs. He's about 6'4, 210-215. Similar dude coming out of Florida State is Keon Coleman, who is really good himself.
My first thought when I saw Nabers was Jamar Chase. I think they are the same size.

I saw a lot of Brian Thomas when I watched Jayden Daniels film.

You seem to have more of an angry and emotional style of posting. I focus on facts and deep analysis. It’s all good. It makes tor good debate.
download.jpg

I suppose on the bright side Carolina will probably have the first pick next year and be able to take Shedeur Sanders.

Wow! That’s so cool! How can’t you love this? These guy’s are American hero’s. Just awsome!
man, you really hate them. It's kind of weird.

man, you really hate them. It's kind of weird.
I don’t mind Jason. I don’t think a person with anger management issues like Travis should be drinking alcohol.

Somebody is gonna get a great safety. This is the damage from the Wilson trade. I’ll be rooting against that creep.

wilson?!

why would you root against him?
I love Simmons. I’ll be rooting against Wilson.

For the Broncos sake I should hope Wilson does good and gets a big contract next year to offset the cap hit. On a personal level I hope he gets humiliated. He’s a complete jackass.

I love Simmons. I’ll be rooting against Wilson.

For the Broncos sake I should hope Wilson does good and gets a big contract next year to offset the cap hit. On a personal level I hope he gets humiliated. He’s a complete jackass.
Now “Russ” is a jackass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom