• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2023-2024 Pick 'Em

PoliSciPulse

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Welcome to Predict-the-Game, NFL edition for the inaugural season at Debate Politics. There are special instructions for these divisional and wild card picks. Each pick is worth 10 points. If your pick turns out to be really bad, during weeks 8-10, you may change your pick, but the pick loses half of its value. So, if I picked the Jets, it would be worth 10 points. If I decided that I would change to the Bills when I’m able to change it, then the pick would be worth only 5 points.

With that in mind, here are the preseason, divisional picks for the NFL. Divisional picks will lock at kickoff for the first game of the regular season, which is played on September 7th at 8:20 PM EST. Finally, note that the three wild-card picks are interchangeable. All you need are three teams that become the wild cards.

Here are the divisional and wild card picks for the 2023-2024 season:

Who will win the AFC East (Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, or New York Jets)?

Who will win the AFC North (Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, or Pittsburgh Steelers)?

Who will win the AFC South (Houston Texas, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, or Tennessee Titans)?

Who will win the AFC West (Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, or Los Angeles Chargers)?

Who will be Wild Card #1 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the AFC)?

Who will be Wild Card #2 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the AFC)?

Who will be Wild Card #3 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the AFC)?

Who will win the NFC East (Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, or Washington Commanders)?

Who will win the NFC North (Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, or Minnesota Vikings)?

Who will win the NFC South (Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, or Tampa Bay Buccaneers)?

Who will win the NFC West (Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks)?

Who will be Wild Card #1 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the NFC)?

Who will be Wild Card #2 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the NFC)?

Who will be Wild Card #3 (Any team you haven’t picked thus far from the NFC)?

Reactions: PoS
Will the picks be placed in this thread, or will it be offsite?

This thread :)

For an example of the type of game I run, check the World Cup Pick 'Em game in this sub-forum :)

I'm tempted to cheat, but my prescient skills are made for better things. Also there's no money in it ;)

I will send out the schedule of picks as close to Monday as I can. I select the games based on power rankings, with the exception of the first week, which would be predicting all of them. You make your picks here, including for the Divisional picks, etc. Does this answer your questions?

I will send out the schedule of picks as close to Monday as I can. I select the games based on power rankings, with the exception of the first week, which would be predicting all of them. You make your picks here, including for the Divisional picks, etc. Does this answer your questions?
(y)

I will play and win.

Picks for divisionals/wild card will lock at 8:20 PM on Thursday, September 7th. I will put the first week's picks up after Week 3 is finished, which will be on Monday, August 28th, more or less.

(NOTE: There will be a lag time between updates and putting schedules together. I will try to deliver the scores within reason, but I suggest you keep track of your points just in case I’m running late.)

(NOTE 2: Sometimes, Power Rankings are released on Thursday, which is the day of a game, usually. To compensate for this, I will give you the Thursday pick for the following week. Power Rankings for Thursday’s game will obviously come from the prior week’s rankings)

(NOTE 3: Picks are due at kickoff on Thursday, and the divisional picks are locked on kickoff on Thursday’s game on Week 1)

Welcome to round 1. Each pick is worth 1 point.

THURSDAY:
#11 Lions (0-0) vs. #1 Chiefs (0-0)
Pick:

SUNDAY:
#9 Dolphins (0-0) vs. #12 Chargers (0-0)
Pick:

#4 Bengals (0-0) vs. #13 Browns (0-0)
Pick:

#22 Packers (0-0) vs. #25 Bears (0-0)
Pick:

#32 Cardinals (0-0) vs. #24 Commanders (0-0)
Pick:

MONDAY:
#5 Bills (0-0) vs. #8 Jets (0-0)
Pick:

THURSDAY (Week 2):

(#16) Vikings (0-0) vs. (#2) Eagles (0-0)
Pick:

@Trippy Trekker , you said you might play this…

(NOTE: There will be a lag time between updates and putting schedules together. I will try to deliver the scores within reason, but I suggest you keep track of your points just in case I’m running late.)

(NOTE 2: Sometimes, Power Rankings are released on Thursday, which is the day of a game, usually. To compensate for this, I will give you the Thursday pick for the following week. Power Rankings for Thursday’s game will obviously come from the prior week’s rankings)

(NOTE 3: Picks are due at kickoff on Thursday, and the divisional picks are locked on kickoff on Thursday’s game on Week 1)

THURSDAY:
Pick:

SUNDAY:
Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

MONDAY:
Pick:

THURSDAY (Week 2):

Pick:

I'm gonna pass, maybe just watch! Don't know enough about most teams to make good predictions!

Who is the home team?

OK, I'll play.

AFCE Bill
AFCN Bengals
AFCS Jaguars
AFCW Chiefs

AFCWC Ravens, Chargers, Jets

NFCE Eagles
NFCN Lions
NFCS Saints
NFCW 49ers

NFCWC Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks

Am I doing this right?

Dolphins Steelers Jaqs Chiefs
Eagles lions saints 49ers

WC Ravens bengals bills
WC Dallas seahawks vikings

OK, I'll play for what its worth. I havent been paying much attention this season, so this will be purely dart throws. 🎯

Who will win the AFC East (Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, or New York Jets)?
Buffalo Bills
Who will win the AFC North (Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, or Pittsburgh Steelers)?
Baltimore Ravens
Who will win the AFC South (Houston Texas, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, or Tennessee Titans)?
Indianapolis Colts
Who will win the AFC West (Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, or )?
Kansas City Chiefs
Chargers
Tennessee Titans
Bengals
Who will win the NFC East (Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, or Washington Commanders)?
Eagles
Who will win the NFC North (Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, or Minnesota Vikings)?
Vikings
Who will win the NFC South (Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, or Tampa Bay Buccaneers)?
Saints
Who will win the NFC West (Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks)?
Rams
Giants
Falcons
Niners

THURSDAY:
Pick:

SUNDAY:
Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

MONDAY:
Pick:

THURSDAY (Week 2):

Pick:

Don't forget about this @PoS @ldub23 and @armycowboy

Argh, OK. I'll bold the ones I like.

THURSDAY:
Pick:

SUNDAY:
Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

MONDAY:
Pick:

THURSDAY (Week 2):

Pick:

@PoS, you're ready for Thursday :)

If you wind up being the only one responding, I will still play the game with you :)

Pick: Buffalo Bills

Pick: Cincinnati Bengals

Who will win the AFC South (Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, or Tennessee Titans)?
Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars

Who will win the AFC West (Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, or Los Angeles Chargers)?
Pick: Kansas City Chiefs

Pick: Baltimore Ravens

Pick: New York Jets

Pick: Los Angeles Chargers

Pick: Philadelphia Eagles

Pick: Detroit Lions

Pick: Atlana Falcons

Pick: San Francisco 49ers

Pick: Dallas Cowboys

Pick: New Orleans Saints

Pick: Seattle Seahawks

THURSDAY:
Pick:

SUNDAY:
Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

Pick:

MONDAY:
Pick:

THURSDAY (Week 2):

Pick:

Back
Top Bottom