• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

new danger of Islamic terrorism in Europe?

they planned an attack in Cologne Cathedral

I'll also continue not to hate every single one of the 2 billion muslims in the world or engage in anti muslim rhetoric.

There is a great difference between hating "every single one of the 2 billion Muslims in the world" and recognizing that their holy book explicitly calls for fighting disbelievers "until all religion is for allah (8:39)."

We can discuss matters such as translation and context (both historical and textual) if you wish.

Spain has hiked up security measures for the Holy Week (Semana Santa), one of the big shindigs, especially down here in Andalucia.

I attended the big celebrations in Sevilla many years ago, but that's a thing of the past (as much as attending any smaller local event here).

It's not so much about fear of attacks, I've simply become claustrophobic over the years with large crowds.

Anyway, been there, done it, got the T-shirt, bucket list thus shortened.

I feel that way about Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Being transported elbow-to-elbow along Bourbon Street has no appeal for me anymore.

you say they don’t need a cause then provide them a cause
The cause is that the radical Muslim groups long ago declared a holy war against all infidels. That’s the glue to their common cause……kill infidels. They may hate each other because of differences in interpreting the Koran and who will rule the caliphate but they will always be on a war footing.

The cause is that the radical Muslim groups long ago declared a holy war against all infidels.

About 1400 years ago to be more precise - "Fight those who believe not in Allah (verse 9:29)."

That’s the glue to their common cause……kill infidels. They may hate each other because of differences in interpreting the Koran and who will rule the caliphate but they will always be on a war footing.

Yup. It's forever codified in the Qur'an. However, to again be more precise, infidels are allowed to surrender if they agree to live under Islamic rule.

About 1400 years ago to be more precise - "Fight those who believe not in Allah (verse 9:29)."

Yup. It's forever codified in the Qur'an. However, to again be more precise, infidels are allowed to surrender if they agree to live under Islamic rule.
To be more precise, they didn’t give the people at the Moscow theater a chance to convert, nor did they offer before or on 9/11, nor the attack in Paris, France, etc. etc.

To be more precise, they didn’t give the people at the Moscow theater a chance to convert, nor did they offer before or on 9/11, nor the attack in Paris, France, etc. etc.

True that. Let's just say that the offer to surrender is 'out there' for anyone or any country who wishes to comply. Until then, bullets will fly and bombs will walk into crowded markets. It truly is the Islamic way.

one can never be safe,

That is the ideal philosophy for any Western Intelligence and counter-terrorism strategy. Complacency is the biggest threat we have.

Another way to defeat extremism is socio- economic change. While extremist groups not only lure the desperate, we have examples of rich and middle class people falling in with various hate groups after all, the poor and desperate with few options is their biggest pool of recruitment.

We're seeing that in the UK with arrests of extremist right wing young. In my county, there was a horrendous incident at a school where 4 kids ganged up on a black kid at school. Nothing to do with personal disagreements - purely hatred of him for the colour of his skin.

The cause is that the radical Muslim groups long ago declared a holy war against all infidels. That’s the glue to their common cause……kill infidels. They may hate each other because of differences in interpreting the Koran and who will rule the caliphate but they will always be on a war footing.
very true!

Wouldn't be shocked to see another attack somewhere this week.

Easter and Ramadan coinciding probably isn't a great combo.
and german politicians celebrate that with ramadan street lightning!

One of the stupidest agreements. Because nothing in that agreement banned the Talibans from attacking the Afghan government, and of course not long after it was signed they stepped up their attacks against the Afghan army, just avoided attacking US troops. It was basically Trump handing over Afghanistan to the Talibans.
Trump!!

German politicians are NOT celebrating attacks. Stop it.

I assume you are referring to this thread you just started?

I've let you know my thoughts on that, in no uncertains terms, over there.

the danger of islamic attacks in europe is real and not imaginary

true

is it already a criminal offense to be afraid of a terror attack.?

Good point!
many forget or just dont know that

and after all those attacks in Spain and France and England and Russia … is it unreasonable to be afraid of similar attacks?

and what about 9/11.?

phobia translates as … fear of …. not as … hatred against
phobia is a mental and thus emotional disorder and anyone suffering from any type of it is well advised to seek medical help.

Of course they do not really celebrate

This was irony and satire

is it already a criminal offense to be afraid of a terror attack.?
No.

But it's a criminal offense to lug all Muslims in with jihadist terrorist.

And in those places where it's not, it certainly should be.

Back
Top Bottom