• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netanyahu goes full racist to appeal to the right-wing

Netanyahu basically says that brown-skinned non-Jews are a threat to Israel (even if they are Israeli citizens). I'd call that full on racism. Certainly it's fear-mongering targeting a specific and significant portion of Israel's population.

Why is this okay for the right-wing? Or is that a rhetorical question...
Well Netanyahu made it very clear in his facebook that his problem is not with Arabs exercising their right to vote but with left organizations that interfere in the Israeli elections.

I wonder why pro-Israeli people always start their history at 1947, AFTER the soon-to-be Israelis stole land from its original inhabitants like the entitled brats that politicians like Netanyahu continue to be today?

Stole land from who? The original inhabitants of Israel literally were Jews. The land was stolen from them. They finally took it back after the last genocide of Jews.

Where is your advocacy of giving USA land back to Native Americans?

Scare tactics as a weapon of politicians is as old as the proverbial hills. Consider one of America's favorite patriots - the famous Patrick Henry - who in the debate about the Constitution warned the Virginia Federal Convention of 1788 what would happen if the Constitution became the law of the land............

"They'll take your niggers from you".... he warned the delegates.

So Bibi using scare tactics is nothing new.

Not to derail the thread, but don't leave us hanging - was he right?

I'd simply like to ignore the ignorance of the OP slant and wish the Israeli people a good day of exercising democracy in a region of the world where there's precious little of it. I hope there's a large turn out, as there always should be, and I hope the people end up happy with their choice and move forward in peace.

Right off the bat you attack...assuming I am "pro-Israeli"

You are hardly unbiased on he subject, with "stole land", and show unmitigated ignorance of the history

Have a good day
I didn't realize "pro-Israeli" was an attack. What's the PC term for someone who responds to another persons' post with irrelevant comments in defense of Israel that you would prefer?

Stole land from who? The original inhabitants of Israel literally were Jews. The land was stolen from them. They finally took it back after the last genocide of Jews.

Where is your advocacy of giving USA land back to Native Americans?

Bonus points, my friend.

The system will not allow me to hit the little button. For that matter, "Arabs" did not come into being until after 600 BCE, and "Islam" the enemy of Israel, did not come into being until 610 AD. "Semites" had shared the land until then...

Netanyahu basically says that brown-skinned non-Jews are a threat to Israel (even if they are Israeli citizens). I'd call that full on racism. Certainly it's fear-mongering targeting a specific and significant portion of Israel's population.

Why is this okay for the right-wing? Or is that a rhetorical question...

Netanyahu has been pointing out the groups working to defeat him in this election plan to bus Arabs to the polls to vote. Sound familiar? Wonder if they are giving them free lunch or cigarettes like they do in the states. After all it is Democrat operatives who worked on Obama's campaign who are working to unseat Netanyahu. This group involved in this has led Congress to sign off on a probe because it appears our State Department has funded the group. It speaks volumes that there is enough evidence as every Democrat and Republican signed off on it in the sub-committee.

People say that a high latino turnout favors the democrats all the time, is that racist also?

It depends on context. If one is speaking of demographics and numbers...no.

If someone is complaining about Hispanics voting for democrats as a bad thing...yes.

Not to derail the thread, but don't leave us hanging - was he right?

Sadly he was completely wrong. Not only did the Constitution NOT deprive anyone of their slaves but they even rewarded the slave owners allowing their slaves to be counted partially towards political representation.

Henry - the old racist that he was - could not have been more wrong.

Yeah I guess what it all comes down to is whether Herzog wins by a mile or not, because even if he wins by 3-4 points Netanyahu will still have a bigger chance to form a coalition. It's going to be interesting that's for certain.

The first exit polls show an extremely tight race.

Sadly he was completely wrong. Not only did the Constitution NOT deprive anyone of their slaves but they even rewarded the slave owners allowing their slaves to be counted partially towards political representation.

Henry - the old racist that he was - could not have been more wrong.

the line you refer to was used in an argument to add a bill of rights. Henry turned out not to be correct. the Bill of Rights was intended to prevent the federal government from growing beyond what was allowed, but history has proven it was used for the opposite. As Madison predicted, a bill of rights chipped away at the vary core of the constitution by enumerating what they can't do, it eventually became implied that what was not in the bill of rights could be done.

the line you refer to was used in an argument to add a bill of rights. Henry turned out not to be correct. the Bill of Rights was intended to prevent the federal government from growing beyond what was allowed, but history has proven it was used for the opposite. As Madison predicted, a bill of rights chipped away at the vary core of the constitution by enumerating what they can't do, it eventually became implied that what was not in the bill of rights could be done.

Just like I said - Henry was wrong. Slave owners had nothing to fear from the Constitution and as you have pointed out - any part of it.

Just like I said - Henry was wrong. Slave owners had nothing to fear from the Constitution and as you have pointed out - any part of it.

Henry was wrong about the bill of rights protecting the people/states. He was right that the federal government would not be contained by the limitations of the constitution.

The first exit polls show an extremely tight race.
The sample shows that Netanyahu got 27/28 and Herzog got 27, thats is very surprising because all the pervious polls shows 21-23 for Likud and 24-26 for the labor party. It seems that Bibi will be the next PM.

Henry was wrong about the bill of rights protecting the people/states. He was right that the federal government would not be contained by the limitations of the constitution.

Henry was wrong in his statement about the need to protect ones "niggers" - top use his term - from the Constitution.

Henry was wrong in his statement about the need to protect ones "niggers" - top use his term - from the Constitution.

your understanding of American history is sophomoric.

Radio traffic on exit polling data is reporting that Bibi is going to retain his position.

your understanding of American history is sophomoric.

Personal insults are a very poor substitute for factual refutation. Patrick Henry was wrong in his statement that slave owners had to fear the Constitution or any part of it. But if you disagree, after you are done insulting me, perhaps you can cite historical facts to show what the Constitution did to take away his precious "niggers".

He was insulting your understanding of American history, not you personally.

It was a personal insult since the person FAILED to correct any so called wrong understanding of American history.

What I always find interesting yet seems to be ignored outside of Israel and in these sorts of chat forums is that the Likud typically does much stronger among Jews who either were directly or are descendant from people systematically expelled from Arab countries following the birth of the state of Israel.

Now the reasons for that are complex, but not entirely surprising that those with the most direct experience of life under Arab rule are less sympathetic to compromise with the Arabs on matters of peace or who should form a govenrment.

And yes, yes. Definitely way more racist for these folks to prefer a party that strays from Arab interests than, say, the non-racist ways that the various Arab groups outside of Israel call for or try to murder Jews because they are Jews, since, I mean, why should Arabs be held to the same standard? That would be so, like, racist or something. And also semites.

Also, probably makes sense to point out that Israel generally elected more left wing govenrments until, you know, the Palestinians rejected a fair peace deal that would give them independence so they could launch a terror war against Israel's civilians. And then, you know, danced in the streets when people were murdered and celebrated murderers as some sort of national heroes.

That sort of thing may make people "racist" against folks who act that way and those who support those people (looking at you, various folks on the Arab List)

Last edited:
It looks like Netanyahu's last ditch effort to appeal to the hardline anti-peace, land-grabbing racists in Israel paid off. Nothing brings the right-wing together like the common threat of a growing minority.

Well Bibi has made it clear he doesn't support a two state solution while the Zionist Union party does.

The Zionist Union party won't support it either (reality).

Back
Top Bottom