• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Need adventure rpg game for ios

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I want an iphone game in the style of modern Final Fantasy and Star Wars KOTR 1 and 2. I don't want to see an aerial perspective of tiny ball-shaped figures fighting each other since that looks lame to me. Any suggestions?

Edit: this will be for the gym, so the sort of action you see in FF and KOTR is ideal.

Is this action-y? One important piece of information is that this is for the exercise bike at the gym, so a high heart rate and a slow story aren't a super great match.

Is this action-y? One important piece of information is that this is for the exercise bike at the gym, so a high heart rate and a slow story aren't a super great match.
It can be. Are you looking for something slower pace?

I want an iphone game in the style of modern Final Fantasy and Star Wars KOTR 1 and 2. I don't want to see an aerial perspective of tiny ball-shaped figures fighting each other since that looks lame to me. Any suggestions?

Edit: this will be for the gym, so the sort of action you see in FF and KOTR is ideal.

I'm an Android kid, and this suggestion is sci-fi, but if you have a soft spot for space trader sims, you should check out Star Trader Frontiers.

It's wide open world where you can do as you like merchant, mercenary, pirate, etc, or mix an match, as long as you are a space captain, but there are also a variety of storylines that span decades.

It's the first handheld game I've seen that felt like a real game to me, and indeed it is a direct port from PC.

It's even more niche (and OLD) but if you like the idea of managing a viking-ish clan over the course of several decades and vying for power with other clans and learning all about their unique culture, then they recently popped out a port of King of Dragon Pass.

Stardew valley.

Well there doesn't seem to be anything out there for me with the kind of look and game-feel I'm going for, so I've decided to erase my memory Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-style and just play KOTOR2 for the rest of my life.

Well there doesn't seem to be anything out there for me with the kind of look and game-feel I'm going for, so I've decided to erase my memory Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-style and just play KOTOR2 for the rest of my life.
I hope youre playing KOTOR2 with the restored content mod, including the droid world add-on...

I hope youre playing KOTOR2 with the restored content mod, including the droid world add-on...

Of course. I did discover however that you can take those mods just a liiiitle too far. The one where you can break down parts to build new armor and items breaks game play (even if it does overcome the unenjoyable task of random looting) since the slow and gradual road to becoming more powerful is an essential part of the game feel. Especially since, as one player put it, you're a "rolling rape factory" by the end anyway.

And am I the only one who thinks that playing dark side feels kinda gross? I don't think that enough nuance and imagination went into the dark side path. It's just "act like a total psychopathic dickwad."

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
Of course. I did discover however that you can take those mods just a liiiitle too far. The one where you can break down parts to build new armor and items breaks game play (even if it does overcome the unenjoyable task of random looting) since the slow and gradual road to becoming more powerful is an essential part of the game feel. Especially since, as one player put it, you're a "rolling rape factory" by the end anyway.

And am I the only one who thinks that playing dark side feels kinda gross? I don't think that enough nuance and imagination went into the dark side path. It's just "act like a total psychopathic dickwad."
Lets face it. Its is more geared towards RPG than as an actual tactical game. Once you figure out the builds, youre pretty much invincible once a. you get a lightsaber and/or b. you get force lightning.

If it helps, you've convinced me to give KOTOR2 a try, even though I haven't been a fan of Star Wars in a bit. I'm always looking for games with staying power like that.

I've had a run of Fallout New Vegas going for as long as I can remember. I just play till I'm sick of the character/mod combo I'm on and start over. But it's good to have options!

Also it's on sale on Steam right now.

If it helps, you've convinced me to give KOTOR2 a try, even though I haven't been a fan of Star Wars in a bit. I'm always looking for games with staying power like that.

I've had a run of Fallout New Vegas going for as long as I can remember. I just play till I'm sick of the character/mod combo I'm on and start over. But it's good to have options!

I suggest you play it with the restored content mod, otherwise the story wont make any sense. ;)

You could buy a used PSP or a Nintendo Switch and have far more portable gaming options

POS is right. When they moved it from the console (so I heard) a stupid amount of content got deleted from the game for seemingly no reason. You need to subscribe to the restored content on Steam to get it back.

It took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure that out. I tried to download the file and add it to the right folder like an idiot for a week before realizing out hitting that "subscribe" button is all I had to do.

BTW, nearly everybody would agree that KOTOR1 is quite good, it's just that there's one game play element that always ticked me off, though I never heard anyone else complain: you're running along doing your thing and every five or ten minutes the game interrupts you to tell you that one of your incessantly needy companions needs to talk about his whiny feelings and I'm like "OH WOULD YOU JUST **** OFF."

Although the sequel is great for a host of extremely legit reasons, eliminating that one thing was worth the price of admission.

However, if it sounds like my problem with KOTOR1 wouldn't be your problem, then it's a good idea to start with that if only for the sake of story continuity.

Last edited:
However, if it sounds like my problem with KOTOR1 wouldn't be your problem, then it's a good idea to start with that if only for the sake of story continuity.

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking right down that same rabbit hole. I'm mostly a Nexusmods guy.

Being in the "Han shot first!" camp, I've made my peace with continuity in Star Wars a long long time ago.

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking right down that same rabbit hole. I'm mostly a Nexusmods guy.

Being in the "Han shot first!" camp, I've made my peace with continuity in Star Wars a long long time ago.

FWIW, I'm not a Star Wars fan. I think the number of good Star Wars products that's actually good is an infinitesimal fraction of everything ever released. You've got KOTOR, and as far as the movies/shows go, episodes 4,5 and 6 and Andor. Aaaaand that's it. Everything else sucks.

But I'm not here to start an internet war with Star Wars fans, so...

Oh, and Han did shoot first. Why is that even an argument? It's not like you have to play it frame by frame to figure that out.

Sweet jeebus, while that would obviously answer all my needs, that's 3.5 years of my gym membership. Yikes.

Don't think of it as a gaming system.

Think of it as an exercise machine to maintain dexterity and eye/hand coordination.

WW

Oh, and Han did shoot first. Why is that even an argument? It's not like you have to play it frame by frame to figure that out.

I'm not as passionate about it as I once was, but there are two versions of that scene.

When they did the first round of enhancements I think back in the 90s, they had ol'Greedo get a wild shot off first. I can go into great detail about how ridiculous this is.

In the original Greedo didn't shoot at all, Han just shot him.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, and I've just about starved it to death.

POS is right. When they moved it from the console (so I heard) a stupid amount of content got deleted from the game for seemingly no reason. You need to subscribe to the restored content on Steam to get it back.

It took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure that out. I tried to download the file and add it to the right folder like an idiot for a week before realizing out hitting that "subscribe" button is all I had to do.

BTW, nearly everybody would agree that KOTOR1 is quite good, it's just that there's one game play element that always ticked me off, though I never heard anyone else complain: you're running along doing your thing and every five or ten minutes the game interrupts you to tell you that one of your incessantly needy companions needs to talk about his whiny feelings and I'm like "OH WOULD YOU JUST **** OFF."

Although the sequel is great for a host of extremely legit reasons, eliminating that one thing was worth the price of admission.

That whole needy companion thing is the one element of squad based RPGs that I really can't stand and it has been a staple in the genre from the beginning.. It's the one thing I really hate about Starfield. I'm in the middle of an intense firefight and my idiot teammate keeps chiming in that he really needs to talk to me about something and I just want to shoot him. To make matters worse, when the fighting is over and I go to see what was so important he just starts complaining that his kid has a messy room.

Back
Top Bottom