• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim terror cell opened fire on hikers

coldjoint

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Didn't know where to put this, but since some people think terrorism is a crime not a tactic of war. I'm not one of them.

APPLE VALLEY-(VVNG.com): At 9:20 a.m. on Sunday morning multiple agencies including the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies from the Victor Valley Station responded the report of suspicious circumstances at Deep Creek hot springs area.

Per scanner traffic, the reporting party told dispatchers that there were fifteen or more possibly armed men of middle eastern descent that camped out at the location chanting loudly through the night in what was believed to be their native language. Some of the men, believed to be in their 20’s went to a secluded area to shoot at around 3:00 a.m. Witnesses said that the shots fired sounded louder than that of handguns.
The Sheriff’s helicopter was the first on scene and they reported that when the men saw them they grabbed their things and began hiking toward the Bowen Ranch parking lot. The helicopter followed as deputies were en route to the location. The deputies arrived at the Bowen Ranch parking lot and waited for the men to approach.
The men continued to hike for around 20 minutes with backpacks and other bulky items. During the hike, the men reportedly huddled up in possible discussion and at one point split up into two groups.
When deputies approached the men all complied and were patted down. After all were patted down and cuffed, deputies requested an area search since they believed they could have ditched weapons while hiking the trails. Deputies searched for over an hour and did not locate any weapons left behind.

It is unclear if any weapons were located in the possession of the suspects. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Spokeswoman, Olivia Bozek said, “The deputies detained the subjects and from what I was told they are going to be transported to the High Desert Detention Center. I do not know what charges they are going to be booked for.”
This story is continuing to develop and more information will be updated as it becomes available.
- See more at: Muslim terror cell opened fire on hikers and campers in Calif. park shouting “Allahu Akbar!” | Pamela Geller

You can put Snopes where the snopes don't shine. Why don't you tell me what 15 Muslim men are doing in a remote area?

It is debatable they where Muslims, and in case you did not know it, this is a free country, so they can do whatever they want as long as it is not against the law.

You can put Snopes where the snopes don't shine. Why don't you tell me what 15 Muslim men are doing in a remote area?

It looked like they were back packing.

Reports of hundreds of shots fired draw sheriff, FBI response in Apple Valley - LA Times

But none were arrested or charged in connection with shooting firearms and they cooperated with deputies, authorities said.

Sheriff’s investigators contacted several hikers, but none witnessed the guns being fired. “There was no evidence found that a crime had been committed by any of the subjects who were detained, and they were released,” the department said.

So this is a bull feces fearmongering story from a ludicrous and hyper-biased source???

yes or no?

This sort of erroneous fear mongering "journalism" is going to cause problem after problem. Worse, several sources seem to be doing this purposefully.

The debate is over, there is a business model speaking to this nation's xenophobia. A real model of taking a decreasing segment of our population and making them increasingly scared and/or angry at any perceived opposition.

Take a wild stab in the dark at what the likely conclusion of this will be...

This sort of erroneous fear mongering "journalism" is going to cause problem after problem. Worse, several sources seem to be doing this purposefully.

The debate is over, there is a business model speaking to this nation's xenophobia. A real model of taking a decreasing segment of our population and making them increasingly scared and/or angry at any perceived opposition.

Take a wild stab in the dark at what the likely conclusion of this will be...

Xenophobia, or any phobia, is not fact based. Muslims in the US are radicalized every day. The suspicion, and the fears, are warranted.

And, I contend, that dismissing such things and putting the onus on Americans only helps the radicals.

Xenophobia, or any phobia, is not fact based. Muslims in the US are radicalized every day. The suspicion, and the fears, are warranted.

And, I contend, that dismissing such things and putting the onus on Americans only helps the radicals.

You are, of course, free to live in fear if you so chose. Many of us chose not to. Thankfully, we have a great military to help protect our country. That military includes many muslims.

Where your thread failed, and failed miserably, is that the people your source where about where no threat to any one, and where apparently law abiding Americans exercising their rights. Being afraid of people doing nothing wrong is, while your right, still kinda silly. And making up lies(you did not necessarily, you may have actually believed your source) to create fear of law abiding people is despicable.

When you post "Muslim Terror Cell Fires on Hikers" and the article clearly states that someone "heard gunfire louder than handguns" but no weapons, no follow-up with the "witnesses", and most importantly NO HIKER VICTIMS...
How can you just blatantly follow your "journalist friend" who puts her own assumptions before reported facts and not expect to be accused of xenophobia and fear mongering?

Bunk is bunk. And spreading false fear is not the same as keeping people prepared and aware.
Paranoia doesn't save, it destroys.
Read up on Salem some time.

How's about you just admit your "source" was complete garbage, and that everything this thread alluded to was "misrepresented information" from a trash-source of hyper-partisan ignorance?

How's about you just admit your "source" was complete garbage, and that everything this thread alluded to was "misrepresented information" from a trash-source of hyper-partisan ignorance?

I think what keeps the fact that Muslims are a threat because of the ideology that passes for religion will do anything to advance its agenda.

Until Muslims start turning in radicals and give more than lip service after attacks, I, and many others, will feel this way

I think what keeps the fact that Muslims are a threat because of the ideology that passes for religion will do anything to advance its agenda.

Until Muslims start turning in radicals and give more than lip service after attacks, I, and many others, will feel this way

The Muslims in your OP where law abiding citizens doing nothing illegal. In point of fact, the facts of the event argue against the premise you are laying out.

How many armed "militiamen" (the greatest terrorist threat in the US) have you turned in?

How many armed "militiamen" (the greatest terrorist threat in the US) have you turned in?

I have never heard the malitiamen say they wanted to rule with Sharia or dominate the world. It is nice you can get American koolaid over there.

I have never heard the malitiamen say they wanted to rule with Sharia or dominate the world. It is nice you can get American koolaid over there.

So you do not mind terrorism, as long as it is the right kind...

So you do not mind terrorism, as long as it is the right kind...

That is an old one. Terror comes almost exclusively from Muslims. And to infer that, means you haven't got an answer. It is the biggest problem the free world has. Don't try to marginalize it word games.

Also you said I didn't mind terrorism. Not me.

That is an old one. Terror comes almost exclusively from Muslims. And to infer that, means you haven't got an answer. It is the biggest problem the free world has. Don't try to marginalize it word games.

Also you said I didn't mind terrorism. Not me.

No, that is factually incorrect. In the US, more terrorist attacks come from anti-abortion folks than Muslims. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#1990s. That your story was not a terrorist attack, that you confuse law abiding citizens with terrorists, and your failure to admit you got duped by the article just make this incredibly ****ing hilarious.

Wow, Pam Geller lies her ass off, misrepresenting and omitting virtually every pertinent fact surrounding this event in order to sow fear. Who'dathunkit?

Wow, Pam Geller lies her ass off, misrepresenting and omitting virtually every pertinent fact surrounding this event in order to sow fear. Who'dathunkit?

She doesn't lie about what Islam is. Try finding out.

No, that is factually incorrect. In the US, more terrorist attacks come from anti-abortion folks than Muslims. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#1990s. That your story was not a terrorist attack, that you confuse law abiding citizens with terrorists, and your failure to admit you got duped by the article just make this incredibly ****ing hilarious.

Exactly what were the two San Bernadino terrorists, before the attack?

She doesn't lie about what Islam is. Try finding out.

Pam Geller lies and fear-mongers incessantly. As far as she's concerned, every Muslim on the planet is a terrorist-in-waiting.

When you post "Muslim Terror Cell Fires on Hikers" and the article clearly states that someone "heard gunfire louder than handguns" but no weapons, no follow-up with the "witnesses", and most importantly NO HIKER VICTIMS...
How can you just blatantly follow your "journalist friend" who puts her own assumptions before reported facts and not expect to be accused of xenophobia and fear mongering?

Bunk is bunk. And spreading false fear is not the same as keeping people prepared and aware.
Paranoia doesn't save, it destroys.
Read up on Salem some time.

Salem was over 300 years ago. Historical violence is over, present violence isn't.

Back
Top Bottom