• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mayorkas impeachment

Winston

Give me convenience or give me death
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

House GOP would rather do a pointless impeachment than pass the legislation needed to fix the border.

Democrats should use this as an opportunity to let the country know exactly where Trump and the GOP stands. Biden is ready to sign border legislation. The House GOP under orders from Donald Trump, refuse to fix the border.

What are Marge's qualifications to be an impeachment manager?

House GOP would rather do a pointless impeachment than pass the legislation needed to fix the border.

Democrats should use this as an opportunity to let the country know exactly where Trump and the GOP stands. Biden is ready to sign border legislation. The House GOP under orders from Donald Trump, refuse to fix the border.

So much of what the Republicans do is political theater. Example, this.

Seems like it will labor in the shadow of Trump's criminal trial.

Is the Senate bound to proceed or can they decline to take up the trial?

This is the MAGA house which would rather either attack their own in Johson or a dem like Mayorkas than actually do the country's business like actually pass a budget. They are the most useless waste of bodily fluids ever.

I agree the impeachment is a waste of time. The legislation Biden proposed wasn't going to fix the border.

another impeachment.

Does the US congress ever get around to like passing laws?

Seems their always politicking.
More reason we should force the bums out after two terms. Get some new bums in.

I agree the impeachment is a waste of time. The legislation Biden proposed wasn't going to fix the border.

Legislation was not proposed by Biden. It was proposed by conservatives, Biden said he would sign it. And I don’t know if it would have fixed the border. I know it would have helped.

Legislation was not proposed by Biden. It was proposed by conservatives, Biden said he would sign it. And I don’t know if it would have fixed the border. I know it would have helped.

It was a bi-partisan construct that Trump needed killed so that he could keep 'the border' as an issue.

It's not. never has been

Not much and nothing Biden couldn't do unilaterally. The border is killing 100,000 Americans yearly with fentanyl he has a great deal of latitude to close the border in an emergency. Secondly I don't believe that if the amount of people exceeds the number allowed that at that point they'll actually close the border. The border mess is Biden's baby.

The radicals on the left and on the right are ruining politics and governance. There is no compromise among those people.

Off topic, but Biden didn't propose legislation. He supported the bi-partisan senate bill that border hawk sen. Lankford (R-OK) hammered out and most of the GOP agreed to before Trump sank it.

Let's try and be honest about it. :)

This is the logic of right-wingers. A proposal either completely solves an issue or does absolutely nothing. Black-or-white, all the time. Total denial of the reality of shades of gray.

This is the logic of right-wingers. A proposal either completely solves an issue or does absolutely nothing. Black-or-white, all the time. Total denial of the reality of shades of gray.
It doesn't fix the problem of thousands of immigrants coming over the border. In fact it codifies it into law. Besides, F this administration, they sat there stone face for three years declaring the border closed and secure. Listen to Biden in '93 he knew exactly the problems of having an open border. The cities that declared themselves sanctuary cities are bellyaching the loudest about Biden's policies. Now they're starting to use money that was set aside for minorities to house illegal immigrants. Still scratching your head why Biden is losing support among minorities? The democrats made this crap bed they can wallow in it. Biden could fix it. He won't because he's afraid of the radicals in his party.

It doesn't fix the problem of thousands of immigrants coming over the border. In fact it codifies it into law. Besides, F this administration, they sat there stone face for three years declaring the border closed and secure. Listen to Biden in '93 he knew exactly the problems of having an open border. The cities that declared themselves sanctuary cities are bellyaching the loudest about Biden's policies. Now they're starting to use money that was set aside for minorities to house illegal immigrants. Still scratching your head why Biden is losing support among minorities? The democrats made this crap bed they can wallow in it. Biden could fix it. He won't because he's afraid of the radicals in his party.

How do you manage to cram so many lies into just one post?

The proposed border bill was bipartisan. It had a real chance of sailing through Congress until your boy tRump told rightist Senators to torpedo it. tRump was not scared that it would fail but that it would work and that he would lose one of his biggest talking points.

tRump and his enabling Republicans own the border situation.

How do you manage to cram so many lies into just one post?

Its the truths you're worried about. You didn't deny what I wrote, just called it lies.

Back
Top Bottom