• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maine mother sues school district over her teen’s gender transition (1 Viewer)

You explicitly stated you supported permanently disfiguring a young girl’s breasts.
Why are you misgendering him?

Matthew 7:1, 7:12, 19:12, 25:40?

Luke 6:31

We already know their side of the story, they support transitioning children and they’re using this “confidentiality” as pretext to avoid directly taking a stand
Why would someone support “transitioning children?”

I don’t know, why do you support it?
Nobody can transition children. It's not possible for somone to do it to another person. Children do it themselves socially, and teens willfully transition medically under the guidance of Drs and psychologists, among others.

Nobody can transition children.
Yeah whatever
It's not possible for somone to do it to another person.
Yes, it is.
Children do it themselves socially, and teens willfully transition medically under the guidance of Drs and psychologists, among others.
So they are told to disfigure themselves by politically motivated quacks (which is the entire field of psychology) who are said to be authorities.

Administrators at the Maine school add that confidentiality requirements have prevented them from responding to “a grossly inaccurate and one-sided story” that began circulating on social media.

Hard to debate something like this when the defendant is prevented from providing their side of the story due to confidentiality.

Absolutely this. It seems like there’s not enough information to go off of, and there’s no reason to jump the gun on this one to make some hot take.

Damn, I wonder why the child didn't feel safe discussing this with her parents. Seems like a parental failure imo.

To be fair, you’re basically setting up a rigged game here. Either the parent must be perfectly fine with their kid transitioning OR they create an unsafe environment and it’s fine for the school to facilitate transitioning. Basically establishing that one particular view is inherently impossible to actually have by having a self justifying loop.

Right. Only liberals are allowed to use little kids to advance their agenda.
and only conservatives parents will threaten to beat their kids into submission for wanting to transition.

Administrators at the Maine school add that confidentiality requirements have prevented them from responding to “a grossly inaccurate and one-sided story” that began circulating on social media.

Hard to debate something like this when the defendant is prevented from providing their side of the story due to confidentiality.
Well, it is indefensible for a school employee to facilitate body modification without the knowledge or consent of the parents and advise the child to keep it a secret.

To be fair, you’re basically setting up a rigged game here. Either the parent must be perfectly fine with their kid transitioning OR they create an unsafe environment and it’s fine for the school to facilitate transitioning. Basically establishing that one particular view is inherently impossible to actually have by having a self justifying loop.
Should schools be forced to report if a child is gay?

But yeah if a parent is actively hostile towards their child being trans that does create an unsafe environment.

Should schools be forced to report if a child is gay?

Of course not, just like it’s not a schools responsibility to report of your child is straight. Dating isn’t something a school is required to track nor report. Now if the student is caught doing something sexual on the school grounds, yeah the parent should be made aware with full details whether they’re straight or gay, just as they should be made aware of any potential disciplinary behavior.

But that’s not what’s being discussed here to my understanding. It’s more of a question of should school be providing medical care or suggestions to a child without alerting the parents. In that regard, I think the answer should generally be “no”

But yeah if a parent is actively hostile towards their child being trans that does create an unsafe environment.

I would agree with this if not for the fact that I’ve seen a wide range of views being described as “actively hostile” ranging from:

“no son of mine is going to be some lady boy faggot”
to
“I think there is a tendency to jump to body dysmorphia too quickly today, and want to take any particular movement towards action slowly, but ultimately if it turns out my child is truly trans okay”
to
“I have no issue with body dysmorphia treatment, but that’s something I should be discussing with my child not the school”

Basically, “actively hostile” meaning “any reaction not immediately affirming the child’s belief and supporting action towards it”, which I wouldn’t agree with.

But that’s not what’s being discussed here to my understanding. It’s more of a question of should school be providing medical care or suggestions to a child without alerting the parents. In that regard, I think the answer should generally be “no”
Schools aren't providing medical care. The lawsuit takes issue with things as benign as teachers using the pronouns/name a child asks them to as school without alerting the parents.

Right from the OP.
A similar lawsuit filed in California was working its way through the courts earlier this year. In Massachusetts, parents are suing a middle school for not telling them their two pre-teens were using different names and pronouns.

Outside of this lawsuit there are dozens of actual bills that are trying to be passed that would make it illegal for a school faculty member to use anything other than the child's legal name and pronouns.

A North Carolina bill, while primarily focused on outlawing gender-affirming care, would also require any state employee to report to parents if a minor has “exhibited symptoms of gender dysphoria, gender nonconformity,” or “otherwise demonstrates a desire to be treated in a manner incongruent with their biological sex.”
A Wisconsin proposal includes parent’s rights to choose pronouns in a larger parents’-rights piece of legislation; the bill has been approved by both chambers in the legislature but has not yet been signed into law.
At least 15 states are considering bills in the 2021-22 legislative session that would affect ways of discussing, addressing, or interacting with LGBTQ youth in schools, according to an Education Week analysis.

I'm assuming you don't agree with these laws based on our previous discussions. This all just stems from some Satanic Panic tier mass hysteria that schools are secrets like, liberal transgender cults, transing the genders of thousands of kids.

Basically, “actively hostile” meaning “any reaction not immediately affirming the child’s belief and supporting action towards it”, which I wouldn’t agree with.
Why does that matter? I'm not saying this should be selectively applied based on how "bigoted" school educators subjectively think the parents might be.

I'm saying that there ARE parents who do/will/are abuse their child if they discovered their child was gay/trans. So if a child's only social space to express their identity is school forcing administrators to report if they suspect a child is gay/trans is harmful to those children that are legitimately at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom