• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like there's some unrest in Hungary

Here is a thought:
If Orban is able to quell this protest - by whatever means are necessary - it might give Trump a template to follow when he wins in Nov. and protesters protest.

Orban is a dictator so I hope this doesn't get bloody.

Wait. Hold up. Are you telling me that Viktor Orban...the man who wants to maintain strong ties with Russia and Putin...is completely corrupt and is abusing the power of his office for his own personal gain? Pull the other one, powerRob. It has bells on it. ;)

In all seriousness, I do hope the ghost of Admiral Horthy is thrown from office.

Two things:

1. Someone should be/probably is get(ting) ready to wetwork any Russians in Hungary.

2. It cannot be France, Poland, Germany or England who help the Magyar get back on their feet if this (hopefully) gets out of Orban's control. Too much history of interventionist bad blood. The US, on the tevye hand, hasn't done much meddling in Magyarorszag.

great source, thanks a lot
another contribution to he dumbing down of America
You got a problem with me? Because you sure do like to follow me around a lot and whine about my posts then follow up by contributing jack shit to the topic.

Orban is a dictator so I hope this doesn't get bloody.

Cultural differences are funny.

In the US, people who bring tiki torches to a protest probably love Orban.

You got a problem with me? Because you sure do like to follow me around a lot and whine about my posts then follow up by contributing jack shit to the topic.

my problem is with some of your posts. I think I was specific enough.
Make your posts part of the solution in America, not part of the problem. Use credible sources and fill your posts with insight and balance.

Others also feel I target them for the same reason, they post ill constructed messages with unacceptable sources.

my problem is with some of your posts. I think I was specific enough.
Make your posts part of the solution in America, not part of the problem. Use credible sources and fill your posts with insight and balance.
Errr.... The OP is correct. Tens of thousands protested Orban in Budapest this week. Orban's administration is facing numerous scandals.

Orban is definitely an autocrat, though AFAIK he has not used direct violence to suppress protests. I have to say, at the moment that doesn't seem likely. More likely is that he used his control of the media to prevent most Hungarians from knowing about the protest.

Errr.... The OP is correct.
Then a MSM link should have been provided. When we start getting our information from Twitter we are ****ed as a sociaty.
We need the safeguards journalism provides.

Then a MSM link should have been provided. When we start getting our information from Twitter we are ****ed as a sociaty.
We need the safeguards journalism provides.
You could have googled it yourself and shared the substance that you think the OP lacked. But, instead you offered nothing but stalking another poster that you seem to have a beef with. Very hypocritical.

or the opening post could have been from a respected source.
Just because you don't know the source doesn't mean it's not a credible source. If you want to persist in doing this playground arbiter, you'd have more credibility proving the source isn't credible.a credible one. Had I used a known shit source, you'd have a much better leg to stand on.

Just because you don't know the source doesn't mean it's not a credible source. If you want to persist in doing this playground arbiter, you'd have more credibility proving the source isn't credible.a credible one. Had I used a known shit source, you'd have a much better leg to stand on.

Just do the right thing in an opening post. Thanks

or the opening post could have been from a respected source.
You made that point. And could not argue that the content of the social media source was wrong. You could have posted an actual source then. And simply said 'a good source'.

If you are here to just contribute criticism, accept that there is sound criticism against your posts as well.

You made that point. And could not argue that the content of the social media source was wrong. You could have posted an actual source then. And simply said 'a good source'.

If you are here to just contribute criticism, accept that there is sound criticism against your posts as well.

Hey, I get it. Few people post logically and based on reputable sources.

I do a service. I offer tutelage and edification so these type posts can stop and real debate can be had.
I do it from the kindness of my heart not seeking remuneration of any kind.

Pretty sweet guy, no?

I do a service. I offer tutelage and edification so these type posts can stop and real debate can be had.

Pretty sweet guy, no?
Moderator's Warning:

You have 6 Posts in this thread and not one is attempting to discuss the actual topic of the thread. The derailing ends now.

If you do not wish to discuss the actual topic of the thread - "Unrest in Hungary", simply remove yourself from the thread.
Thank you.

Pretty sweet guy, no?
Pretty much you are just derailing the threads. But whatever.

The unrest continues....

BUDAPEST, April 6 (Reuters) - Tens of thousands protested against the government of Viktor Orban in downtown Budapest on Saturday, led by a lawyer formerly close to the administration who recently launched a political movement that aims to challenge the prime minister.

The unrest continues....

BUDAPEST, April 6 (Reuters) - Tens of thousands protested against the government of Viktor Orban in downtown Budapest on Saturday, led by a lawyer formerly close to the administration who recently launched a political movement that aims to challenge the prime minister.

Let the unrest continue …. It may help …

I do not trust this Peter Magyar guy. He is one of Orban's former goons, married to former Justice Minister Judit Varga (one of the people forced to resign from Orban's government after the Pope scandal). He critisized the opposition about as much as he critisizes Orban, so he has not joined forces with the parties backing democracy. So I suspect he doesn't really want to overthrow the regime as much as ursurp it.

It would be nice if this resulted in Hungary getting a good government, but its extremely unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom