• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Literally shaking

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Until the nationwide protests of the last few days, I had no idea how bad the problem was, but our nation is drowning in drama queenery.
The immediate reaction of most celebrities to Trump's victory was: "THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR MY TAKE ON THE ELECTION!”
Aaron Sorkin and David Remnick, in matching pink housecoats and fuzzy slippers, wrote hysterical jeremiads about the cataclysm of Trump's election.
Ann Coulter - November 16, 2016 - LITERALLY SHAKING

Like her or hate her, Ann Coulter always manages to stalk, capture, and kill the self-important glitterati ... maybe better than anyone else.

Like her or hate her, Ann Coulter always manages to stalk, capture, and kill the self-important glitterati ... maybe better than anyone else.

She is one very strange woman, ever read much of her "stuff"? She will start out her OP'ed making and point and doing ok at first and then it slowly changes into a rant on other topics or into fantasy land. Never understood why she gets so much attention other than she often makes her own self relevant by saying outrageous tings publically to get people to look her direction. If that women is anywhere in the trump administration it will be a sad day for American government.

I've often wondered why anyone would pay attention to people who make a living being something they are not. I like good acting, and there are some really amazing ones in the industry. But that doesn't mean they are wise, or smart, or more informed.

I have a very close friend who's wife works for a very exclusive private school in the Hollywood Hills, the type Ann Coulter is talking about. It is exactly as described, yet these people who send their kids there would be the first to scream racism and join the equality bandwagon, when their lifestyle and actions are anything but.

Ann Coulter would make a great Press Secretary in the Trump Administration. The MSM would go bonkers with what I believe would be her no nonsense approach.

I've often wondered why anyone would pay attention to people who make a living being something they are not. I like good acting, and there are some really amazing ones in the industry. But that doesn't mean they are wise, or smart, or more informed.

I have a very close friend who's wife works for a very exclusive private school in the Hollywood Hills, the type Ann Coulter is talking about. It is exactly as described, yet these people who send their kids there would be the first to scream racism and join the equality bandwagon, when their lifestyle and actions are anything but.

Ann Coulter would make a great Press Secretary in the Trump Administration. The MSM would go bonkers with what I believe would be her no nonsense approach.

It would certainly be like something the Briefing Room has never experienced.
Imagine a Helen Thomas v Ann Coulter confrontation.
Pity one is gone and the other won't ever be.

I read this last night and forwarded it to friends. Not to my sister and my dear friend who draw all their ideas from Salon and the New Yorker and who typify what Coulter is talking about. The one has posted one of those embarrassing "Not MY President" memes on FB while the other sent me an e-mail the other day with the subject line "Crackerville." Sigh.

She's a nut.

Do any of you actually care what an actor (or any celebrity) thinks?

I read this last night and forwarded it to friends. Not to my sister and my dear friend who draw all their ideas from Salon and the New Yorker and who typify what Coulter is talking about. The one has posted one of those embarrassing "Not MY President" memes on FB while the other sent me an e-mail the other day with the subject line "Crackerville." Sigh.

Ever wonder if anyone would have come up with that kind of thing on their own if they hadn't been waterboarded with it by the media to make it appear like a National sentiment?

Shoeonhead on YouTube already had a video called The Literal Shakening about all this nonsense.

I was amused. I am amused at all the ridiculous histrionics all over print and the internet. The fussing of these SJW netizens and the fussing of the out of touch print media... Schaudenfreude barely covers it.

Laci Green's tweets from election night were particularly amazing... if you don't know who that is, you're like most people and be thankful, but anyway what was laughable was just how bipartisan come together no matter who wins she was at the beginning of the night, and before she went to bed she posted "**** you white America. **** you, you racist misogynist pieces of ****."

Really showing that gracious bipartisan spirit no matter who wins, ain't she?

I've never really listened to or read her. Was mildly interesting, not something I'd pursue. But yes the drama queen and the hypocrisy of it, I think most of us non-die-hard liberals see it for what it is.

This bit was interesting:
Last year, old lefty Bernie Sanders said mass immigration was a disaster for the working class, driving down their wages. He called open borders "a Koch brothers idea.”

Though, it is usually not an important and often not noticeable attribute of glitterati, some have actually gone to school. Why they should on average know more about policy and government than a guy like say Trump, I don't see.

What sources?

Prove it.

its a proven fact that shes much smarter at politics than people like Rachel maddow, Hillary Clinton, Obama..etc. its no surprise that she will win the white house in 2020 and be our first woman president :)

She's a nut.

Do any of you actually care what an actor (or any celebrity) thinks?

No. But Coulter is paid for her political punditry and her writing (and whether you like her opinions or not, she is a very good writer). Her becoming a "celebrity" is incidental here.

...if Republicans hadn't done it first.

So you're saying that Democrats are too unimaginative to have come up with something like this? Or is this a simple "Hey, the other guys did it first, so it's okay" point you're making?

So you're saying that Democrats are too unimaginative to have come up with something like this? Or is this a simple "Hey, the other guys did it first, so it's okay" point you're making?

Just making fun of your absurd post.

I'm just following the thread to see who is the first to call this bitch the "c" word.

Carry on.........

Though, it is usually not an important and often not noticeable attribute of glitterati, some have actually gone to school. Why they should on average know more about policy and government than a guy like say Trump, I don't see.

As well as being a best-selling author, Ann Coulter helped found the Cornell Review, earned her law degree at Michigan and served as an editor of the Michigan Law Review, clerked for a U.S. appellate court, and worked for the Senate Judiciary Committee, where she helped draft deportation legislation. I'm sure she does understand first-hand more than Donald Trump does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

sources indicate that she'll win the white house in 2020. imo that's pretty accurate.

Wait, you actually think Ann Coulter is going to run for President in 2020, and win?

This is something you actually consider to be a valid concept?

Wait, you actually think Ann Coulter is going to run for President in 2020, and win?

This is something you actually consider to be a valid concept?

Hey now, I said they would not nominate and especially not actually elect a Narcissist Billionaire to the Oval Office. So I would say the bar is now set Very Low and any crazy idea is now possible. Welcome to the New America, let me know when the New wears off.

Hey now, I said they would not nominate and especially not actually elect a Narcissist Billionaire to the Oval Office. So I would say the bar is now set Very Low and any crazy idea is now possible. Welcome to the New America, let me know when the New wears off.

It's about as realistic as the David French alternative candidacy.

Back
Top Bottom