• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lightning Strikes St. Peters Basilica After Pope Resigns

Lightning strike means God: 1. Approves of pope. 2. Disapproves of pope.

• Total voters
I think mankind will forever be attempting to explain natural events that are beyond our understanding. Pigeons perch and poop on the dome of the Basilica, too.

.... wait... we're trying to explain why lightning strikes on tall buildings with giant metal crosses on them?

I think mankind will forever be attempting to explain natural events that are beyond our understanding. Pigeons perch and poop on the dome of the Basilica, too.

Maybe those pigeons are trying to send a message.

.... wait... we're trying to explain why lightning strikes on tall buildings with giant metal crosses on them?

No.

We're trying to understand why lightning hit this particular builder at this particular time.

Now do you get it?

Yes. It's highly unusual, or so it seems when it happens to a revered religious site. One might think that this is a cause for celebration in that we can conclude that lightening is non-discriminating in it's discharging functions with respect to religion. Pigeons too.

I think God hates golfers and trailer parks.

I see this as a good omen for the retiring pope.

Oops, was lighting one of my farts. Sorry.

I can't answer the poll because I simply don't believe in deities.

I find it to be a coincidence and nothing more.

Moderator's Warning:
The original post does not meet the specifications required for the *breaking news* sectoin and would be more appropriate in polls, so thread moved.

Additionally, if people don't like the thread topic they're welcome to not engage in it, point out why its problematic, or go to the appropriate portion of the forum to flame about it. If you want to make accusations of rules violations, or flame and bait upstairs, then you'll be seeing mod action shortly

I can't answer the poll because I simply don't believe in deities.

I find it to be a coincidence and nothing more.
I do believe in a deity, and I also find this to be a normal occurrence. Now, if lightening had entered the Basilica and somehow found the Pope in order to strike him, I might be inclined to revise my opinion.

I do believe in a deity, and I also find this to be a normal occurrence. Now, if lightening had entered the Basilica and somehow found the Pope in order to strike him, I might be inclined to revise my opinion.

It would certainly have been shocking if that had happened.

BTW: I see that Jon Stewart knows why the Pope quit. I would post a link, but I don't want to push my luck.

Have a good day.

Clearly, God is unhappy about a bunch of men in red robes picking one of their own as the next Pope.

She wants the next Pope to be a woman.

I kid you not: Lightning strikes St. Peter's Basilica after Pope's resignation - Your Community

That tells me that the guy in the sky is either very happy or very unhappy that the pope resigned.

What do you think?

BTW: I realize that tall buildings are often hit by lightning, but consider the timing.

"The problem ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." ~ Mark Twain

Based on your comment above, I presume you've now determined that God controls the weather so you'll stop all this foolishness about man made global warming.

When God created the world He knew exactly what would happen when, He planned this. Maybe he's just reminding people that he's still good at smiting.

-----------------------------------
But....He missed.... dammit.
Maybe He's out of practice.
He should have kept his smiting skills in tune.
Hitler and Stalin were imminently smite-worthy, but were ignored.
The Almighty works in strange ways.

Who twisted your arm and forced you to come to this thread? (It wasn't me.) I wouldn't miss you if I had never met you.

Since you're new I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt...My mistake.

If everyone agreed on everything, this would be a mighty dull world. But sometimes, someof us can disagree without being disagreeable.

Let me know when that time arises in your postings....So far I have to say I haven't seen it.

What is your problem?

I have no problem, I am a generally happy dude.

If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore, pretty simple, eh? I certainly won't miss you.

I don't put people on ignore, I like to read everyone's point of view.

It looks to me like you came to this thread looking for an argument ( Which some people call stalking.), I'll let you figure that out.

Really? because this sentence sounds like classic projection if you ask me.

Have a nice day.

Clearly, God is unhappy about a bunch of men in red robes picking one of their own as the next Pope.

She wants the next Pope to be a woman.

I'm down with that.

Since all the cardinals, bishops, and priests have been male for quite a while, maybe they should all be female for a few generations.

Based on your comment above, I presume you've now determined that God controls the weather so you'll stop all this foolishness about man made global warming.

Actually I believe that Mother Nature controls the weather.

Ever heard of her?

I'm not into patriarchal religions.

If there was a guy in the sky, that guy would be a woman.

Without women, none of us would be here.

Mary didn't need Joseph's help to produce Jesus, eh?

"Mother Nature doesn't care if you're having fun." ~ Larry Niven

Last edited:
Thank you Roger Waters

[TV Evangelist:]"Do you believe in a better day?
Do you have faith in a golden way?
If you do, then we must come together this day
Come together as one, united television audience
Brought together by the sound of my voice
United, united financially, united socially,
United spiritually, and all possible ways
Through the power of money
And the power of prayers...."

What God wants God gets God help us all
What God wants God gets

God wants dollars
God wants cents
God wants pounds, shillings, and pence
God wants guilders
God wants Kroner
God wants Swiss francs
And God wants French francs

God wants escudos
God wants pesetas
Don't send lira
God don't want small potatoes
God wants small towns
God wants pain
God wants clean up rock campaigns
God wants windows
God wants solutions
God wants TV
God wants contributions

God wants silver
God wants gold
God wants his secret never to be told
God wants gigolos
God wants giraffes
God wants politics
God wants a good laugh

God wants friendship
God wants fame
God wants credit
God wants blame
God wants poverty
God wants wealth
God wants insurance
God wants to cover himself

This is a non issue...Get over it.

Everything is a non-issue eventually.

The only thing that is constant is change.

Deal with it.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." ~ Leo Tolstoy

Everything is a non-issue eventually.

The only thing that is constant is change.

Deal wuith it.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." ~ Leo Tolstoy

There will always be lightning until the end but then a new beginning will bring more lightning.

Back
Top Bottom