• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Let the evidence speak for itself vs Media Hype: Who wins?

JackFrost

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
What say you?

Read more: Teenage witness in Trayvon Martin case 'lied' about hospital visit, lawyer says | Fox News

BDLR-"My job is to try the case in the court," he said. "We'll let the witnesses speak when they tell the truth, under oath in a courtroom and let the evidence speak for itself."

Short and sweet, beautiful. No feeding the media hype:applaud

O'Mara said he wanted to wait and take the girl's deposition later this month before commenting on whether her credibility could be an issue at trial.

Short and sweet....oh wait he forgot to feed the media their sweets.

"The state did what it was supposed to do and let us know there was a problem with their witness. We now know it and have an opportunity to talk to her," he said. "Credibility is always an issue with any witness. And if it rises to the level where it is evidentiary, then we'll go from there. And if it doesn't rise to that level, we deal with it."

Mark O'Mara using the media to panhandle $$$.

O'Mara also said he won't need the two weeks a judge previously set aside for an immunity hearing under the state's controversial self-defense law, though the issue could be folded into the trial.
O'Mara previously stated that he hopes to wrap the "stand your ground" hearing into Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, scheduled for June 10. He said that could still possibly happen and the judge has said she is open to it.

Short and sweet, to the point...oh wait got to feed the media again.

O'Mara said after Tuesday's hearing that no decision about when he might file a motion for an immunity hearing is set in stone, though.
"I haven't made that decision yet. The real focus is going to be on getting ready for a jury trial," he said. "As you know, I've been counting. We're only at 96 days right now. So that only that only gives us time to really get ready for one hearing. And that's going to be a jury trial where he gets acquitted. So that's my plan."
"If we're going all the way through a jury trial, I look forward to a jury verdict."

Ah yes, the art of honest deception. String along the sheep, play for emotional reactions, solicit as much $$$ as you can. Keep up the pretense of pursuing an immunity hearing, while keeping the "I look forward to a jury verdict, it's what we want anyways" card up your sleeve.

Nothing but parlor tricks, but nevertheless, well played O'Mara, well played sir:applaud

So who came out on top here? What type of response won you over?

The boring "just wait until we are in a courtroom" response that no one cares about and everyone ignores?

-or-

The deceptive "wait for the deposition...but...", "George wants an immunity hearing...I mean we are going to roll it into trial....I mean we only have time and $$$ for one trial, George wants to be acquitted by a jury anyways." A.K.A. media hype and soliciting $$$ from sympathizers.

What say you?

Yep. This proves the TM got no media hype, that pushed the initial criminal charges to be filed on GZ. ;)

Yep. This proves the TM got no media hype, that pushed the initial criminal charges to be filed on GZ. ;)

This almost makes sense...let me see if I can translate this into English.

This proves the TM got no media hype, that pushed the initial criminal charges to be filed on GZ.

Do you mean,

"This proves Trayvon Martin's family did not use media hype to push state prosecutors to file criminal charges against George Zimmerman."

Now, if this is what you meant, it is incorrect on the following counts:

1. Trayvon Martin's family, through their attorney Benjamin Crump, brought national attention to this case due to the sloppy investigation and lack of trust with the Sanford Police Department.

2. Due to the national attention, the governor appointed a special prosecutor. The special prosecutor, along with FDLE reviewed SPD's investigation and then determined to file charges based upon the evidence.

Now, do you have something constructive to add to this thread? What were you trying to impart here?

Yep!
Really looks like a case of ZDS.

Why the new username? Did you hit your limit on retarded posts under your old Hawke90210?

To streamline my internet persona.

I wanted to donate to the site, and noticed changing your username was just $10. My gamer ID/name is a version of JackFrost (i.e. xJackfrostx). Easier to have it all the same.

Be sure to come back when I make another donation, makes you look cool:lol:

I can see it now:lol:

505: "Why the gold title under your rank? Hit your your limit on retarded posts?"

images

This almost makes sense...let me see if I can translate this into English.

Do you mean,

Now, if this is what you meant, it is incorrect on the following counts:

1. Trayvon Martin's family, through their attorney Benjamin Crump, brought national attention to this case due to the sloppy investigation and lack of trust with the Sanford Police Department.

2. Due to the national attention, the governor appointed a special prosecutor. The special prosecutor, along with FDLE reviewed SPD's investigation and then determined to file charges based upon the evidence.

Now, do you have something constructive to add to this thread? What were you trying to impart here?

Wanted you to see this but I didn't know where to post it.

Autopsy reports said medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine.

But Larry Kobilinsky, professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, told the AP that the THC amount was so low that it may have been ingested days earlier and played no role in Martin's behavior. He doubts the judge will even let it be used by the defense if they try to introduce it at trial.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes," Kobilinsky told CBS News. "If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

Trayvon Martin Shooting: New evidence shows wounds on Zimmerman's head, THC found in Martin's body - Crimesider - CBS News

There's more on George's injuries.

Wanted you to see this but I didn't know where to post it.

Autopsy reports said medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine.

But Larry Kobilinsky, professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, told the AP that the THC amount was so low that it may have been ingested days earlier and played no role in Martin's behavior. He doubts the judge will even let it be used by the defense if they try to introduce it at trial.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes," Kobilinsky told CBS News. "If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

Trayvon Martin Shooting: New evidence shows wounds on Zimmerman's head, THC found in Martin's body - Crimesider - CBS News

There's more on George's injuries.

I recall that. Let's see what else Kobilinsky said:

"It's the politically correct thing to have him arrested, but I don't know that there is enough evidence,"

"It's the politically correct thing to have him arrested, but I don't know that there is enough evidence,"

More...

Koblinsky, on the other hand, said that after reviewing the evidence he thinks Zimmerman is in a good position.

"I think the prosecution's case has been seriously diminished by all of this evidence," he said.

when they tested Martin's blood and urine.
We already went over this about his blood tests. long ago. He was a user.
So how about showing the results from this urine test.

Just read the autopsy report.. Its been posted often enough.

The article was from May of last year.

The article was from May of last year.

And May of last year.. while the forensics experts were saying he shouldn't have been arrested (it was basically political correctness) and the evidence released makes it more difficult for the prosecution (most of the major evidence had been released at that point anyway)... You still thought you knew best. So what?

The only thing I can think to take away from that is that while the foresnic experts have looked at the facts from the very beginning and used it to shape their opinion, the facts have no place in your opinion and have contradicted your opinion from the very beginning of this case.

Last edited:
Just read the autopsy report.. Its been posted often enough.
:doh

And again sharon.

Do you not understand this simple request?
I already indicated we went over this about his blood tests. Long ago.

I am now asking that you point out specifically where these urine test results are.

Because if you remember correctly, the precise urine levels where not released. And are not contained in his autopsy report.
So stop with the dishonesty.

Toxicology tests found elements of the drug in the teenager's chest blood -- 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of one type (THC), as well as 7.3 nanograms of another type (THC-COOH) -- according to the medical examiner's report. There also was a presumed positive test of cannabinoids in Martin's urine, according to the medical examiner's report. It was not immediately clear how significant these amounts were.

No precise levels on the urine were released.

Police: Trayvon Martin's death 'ultimately avoidable' - CNN.com

But since you like bloggers so much (as evidenced by you continually posting them in support of your position), let me do the same.

So not only is a fact that Martin did beat up on Zimmerman, he did so under the influence of Marijuana.
[highlight][citing and quoting the above CNN report][/highlight]
They were significant THC-COOH is the cumulative effect of smoking too much dope.

11-nor-9-Carboxy-THC, also known as 11-nor-9-carboxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, 11-COOH-THC, THC-COOH, and THC-11-oic acid, is the main secondary metabolite of THC which is formed in the body after Cannabis is consumed.

11-COOH-THC is formed in the body by oxidation of the active metabolite 11-Hydroxy-THC by liver enzymes. It is then metabolized further by conjugation with glucuronide,[2] forming a water-soluble congener which can be more easily excreted by the body.[3]

11-COOH-THC is not psychoactive itself, but has a long half-life in the body of up to several days (or even weeks in very heavy users),[4][5][6] making it the main metabolite tested for when blood or urine testing for cannabis use. More sensitive tests are able to distinguish between 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC, which can help determine how recently cannabis was consumed;[7][8] if only 11-COOH-THC is present then the cannabis was used some time ago and any impairment in cognitive ability or motor function will have dissipated, whereas if both 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC are present then the cannabis was consumed more recently and motor impairment may still be present.

It’s what drug tests seek to detect and is high levels in those who partake frequently.

So now we know that Martin didn’t just go and get ice tea and Skittles, but he went out to puff a joint, likely laced up and his paranoia caused him to jump Zimmerman. He jumped him, beat on him and Zimmerman shot him in self defense. ...

* Autopsy: Trayvon Martin was Hopped up on THC – Toxicology Showed Martin was a Frequent User*by*Macsmind – Politics, Culture and Breaking News!

:doh

And again sharon.

Do you not understand this simple request?
I already indicated we went over this about his blood tests. Long ago.

I am now asking that you point out specifically where these urine test results are.

Because if you remember correctly, the precise urine levels where not released. And are not contained in his autopsy report.
So stop with the dishonesty.

Toxicology tests found elements of the drug in the teenager's chest blood -- 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of one type (THC), as well as 7.3 nanograms of another type (THC-COOH) -- according to the medical examiner's report. There also was a presumed positive test of cannabinoids in Martin's urine, according to the medical examiner's report. It was not immediately clear how significant these amounts were.

No precise levels on the urine were released.

Police: Trayvon Martin's death 'ultimately avoidable' - CNN.com

But since you like bloggers so much (as evidenced by you continually posting them in support of your position), let me do the same.

So not only is a fact that Martin did beat up on Zimmerman, he did so under the influence of Marijuana.
[highlight][citing and quoting the above CNN report][/highlight]
They were significant THC-COOH is the cumulative effect of smoking too much dope.

11-nor-9-Carboxy-THC, also known as 11-nor-9-carboxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, 11-COOH-THC, THC-COOH, and THC-11-oic acid, is the main secondary metabolite of THC which is formed in the body after Cannabis is consumed.

11-COOH-THC is formed in the body by oxidation of the active metabolite 11-Hydroxy-THC by liver enzymes. It is then metabolized further by conjugation with glucuronide,[2] forming a water-soluble congener which can be more easily excreted by the body.[3]

11-COOH-THC is not psychoactive itself, but has a long half-life in the body of up to several days (or even weeks in very heavy users),[4][5][6] making it the main metabolite tested for when blood or urine testing for cannabis use. More sensitive tests are able to distinguish between 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC, which can help determine how recently cannabis was consumed;[7][8] if only 11-COOH-THC is present then the cannabis was used some time ago and any impairment in cognitive ability or motor function will have dissipated, whereas if both 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC are present then the cannabis was consumed more recently and motor impairment may still be present.

It’s what drug tests seek to detect and is high levels in those who partake frequently.

So now we know that Martin didn’t just go and get ice tea and Skittles, but he went out to puff a joint, likely laced up and his paranoia caused him to jump Zimmerman. He jumped him, beat on him and Zimmerman shot him in self defense. ...

* Autopsy: Trayvon Martin was Hopped up on THC – Toxicology Showed Martin was a Frequent User*by*Macsmind – Politics, Culture and Breaking News!

Wh0s is Macranger? Kobilinsky teaches forensics.

The amount of THC in the kid's blood is irrelevant and meaningless.

And I'll bet whatever the level, it's fairly common in today's kids. Whether because of or in spite of the best efforts of DARE.

And I'll bet whatever the level, it's fairly common in today's kids. Whether because of or in spite of the best efforts of DARE.

Have you ever wondered why George didn't call an ambulance.. He said on Hannity that he didn't know Trayvon was dead for over an hour.

Have you ever wondered why George didn't call an ambulance.. He said on Hannity that he didn't know Trayvon was dead for over an hour.

The police arrive and the EMT's start working on Trayvon. Then the EMTs take a look at George and he is taken to the police station. Did you think he should have called the ambulance after he was taken to the police station, or while the police were there and the EMT's were working on Trayvon and himself?

Wh0s is Macranger? Kobilinsky teaches forensics.
Way to miss both points sharon.
One point, and the most relevant was that the results of the Urine test were not released.
So I asked you to provided them. Where are they?
You can either provide them, or admit to telling untruths again.

The second point was obviously way beyond you.

It is meaningless to whether or not Zimmerman acted in self defense. As the evidence shows he did.
It is not meaningless as to the "whys" he may have acted the way he did.

Wouldn't matter if it was.

To be honest, I just stopped in to see what was happening. I have not kept up with all the details, but it's my opinion Zimmerman was wrong. I do not think he's entitled to invoke the statute Stand Your Ground, though I do favor that statute.

To be honest, I just stopped in to see what was happening. I have not kept up with all the details, but it's my opinion Zimmerman was wrong. I do not think he's entitled to invoke the statute Stand Your Ground, though I do favor that statute.
So what you are saying in a nut shell is that you do not know the evidence but sure want to speak your mind about the baseless conclusions you have reached.

:lamo

So what you are saying in a nut shell is that you do not know the evidence but sure want to speak your mind about the baseless conclusions you have reached.

:lamo

Exactly! On this subject, I am but a product of what the MSM has pronounced to be true. GZ did not follow the instructions of the PD dispatcher, and pretended to be The Terminator, with a spin, defending justice and the american way by following the dangerous 17 year old predator.

A fight ensued, and the pistol won.

Back
Top Bottom