• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keep Going Delaware : Legal Marijuana

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Senior citizens in Delaware will be able to get medical marijuana without a prescription or referral from a doctor under a bill heading to Democratic Gov. John Carney.

Legislation approved by the state Senate on Thursday also eliminates a requirement that a person must have a "debilitating medical condition" to qualify for a medical marijuana card. Instead, according to chief Senate sponsor Kyra Hoffner, doctors will be able to prescribe medical marijuana "as they feel fit."

Damn I hope this passes all hurdles.

Delaware has been dragging it's heels for far too long on this.

Many millennials would be homeless without the financial help of the boomer generation.

There would not be an America without the parents of boomers.
Raises hand.

My parents weren’t boomers and I’m thankful for it.

The Boomer generation is the single most entitled generation I’ve seen - and their kids, the Millenials - are often trying their very best to NOT be like them as parents.

Yes. The boomers have been spoiled from cradle to grave.

Then they blame younger generations for being terrible, ignoring the fact that they are the ones who raised them.

Boomers have raised many of today's young. Particularly when their own parents couldn't cut it and the kids had to be taken in by grandparents.

Boomers have raised many of today's young. Particularly when their own parents couldn't cut it and the kids had to be taken in by grandparents.

Yea, so not only are the boomers to blame for millennials, but GenZ is their fault too.

Raises hand.

My parents weren’t boomers and I’m thankful for it.
My hat is off to anybody who can make it in today's world. It's tougher now than it used to be.

Corporate greed never sleeps. It just keeps on getting greedier and greedier, inventing new and clever ways to get your money away from you, or just get your labor without paying for it.

Who is to blame if their kids are struggling?

Is it not the parents that raised them?

I laugh at how Boomers seem to look down their noses at Millenials when they are the ones that raised Millenials.

I laugh at how Boomers seem to look down their noses at Millenials when they are the ones that raised Millenials.

Everyone gets a trophy.

Who decided to give everyone a trophy?

Yea, so not only are the boomers to blame for millennials, but GenZ is their fault too.
And if that is the case they get the credit for everyone who is successful, works hard, and makes America one of the most productive nations on Earth. Every movement to save the Earth. Every program to feed the hungry. Every effort to reduce pollution. Recycling. Efficiency. Modern advancements. All of it.

Thank you Baby Boomers for the amazing world we live in!

The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, The Dixie Chicks, Hank Williams, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Tina Turner, The Supremes, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Denver, The Who, CSNY, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead.

Don't even think about a world without Boomers.

The greatest Generation gave us the biggest generation.

Last edited:

It must be difficult to know how to handle money, be wise in those matters having learned from the school of hard knocks, and to try to impart such wisdom into younger more foolish minds, and to see them ignore it and then ask for money because they can't cut it.

"Learn about cars. Drive an old clunker. Learn how to fix it. Anything to avoid car payments."

"Oh, but I need a reliable car to get to work!"

"Don't do it!"

"Hey, check out our new car. It's so shiny!"

"We're -so- happy for you. Enjoy it."

-a few months later-

"Please help me with these car payments? We didn't plan well for the expenses of raising children."

"OK, but get out of that car loan!"

"Can't do it. The dealer ripped us off and the car is worth nowhere near enough to satisfy the loan."

Corporate greed wins again. Taking the money of retirees by ripping off the young and forcing them to go to their parents and grandparents or else the grandkids become homeless. What a great scam.

Everyone gets a trophy.

Who decided to give everyone a trophy?
One of my favorite comedians, Gary Gulman, who we saw live last week opines about this, and he nails it.

Legal MJ in Arizona has been great!
It's strange because Delaware has been a very liberal state for so long, yet our democrat governor refused to sign anything for the longest time.
He finally gave in and didn't sign anything, but didn't block the legislation either.

Currently marijuana is decriminalized, but as of yet there's no legal place to buy it for anyone without a very specific and debilitating medical need.

Yet I can drive 10 miles into Maryland and buy edibles and such just like I was buying beer or wine.

Delaware is lagging....but we are baby-stepping in the right direction. Just wondering if I'll live long enough.

It's strange because Delaware has been a very liberal state for so long, yet our democrat governor refused to sign anything for the longest time.
He finally gave in and didn't sign anything, but didn't block the legislation either.

Currently marijuana is decriminalized, but as of yet there's no legal place to buy it for anyone without a very specific and debilitating medical need.

Yet I can drive 10 miles into Maryland and buy edibles and such just like I was buying beer or wine.

Delaware is lagging....but we are baby-stepping in the right direction. Just wondering if I'll live long enough.
We have a bunch of dispensaries, but there is a limit to how many. Many of them are moving to bigger and nicer locations lately, there are a few that are very close to the airport. One is just next door to the light rail connector to the airport, they get a lot of layover business.

Back
Top Bottom