• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jonathan Chait realizes that Leftists are beginning to eat themselves.

It just seems like that because the top dog on the pile (white, male, conformist) is constantly trying to be pushed off. The envelope gets pushed (and I agree, much too far in some instances) but the direction you see is always coming at you. But it'd not one direction at all.

:doh

There is no dog on top of the pile. white male conformists all conspiring together? :roll: idiocy.

The envelope on college campuses only gets pushed further leftward, and at the same time, students are demonstrating (see above) an inability to even hear mainstream or conservative views. Campus increasingly in many places simply exists to teach and then cocoon people safely in left-wing views. If Universities were actually a testing ground for intellectual freedom in which all views were heard, you wouldn't get people complaining that they had to walk out because a professor said that transsexuals would be an exception to Marx's idea that women give birth because they would have heard that before in an environment where they weren't allowed to shut it down. :) But that's "hate" speech, now. The Vagina Monologues are too conformist? Please. :roll:

I've never seen anything like mentioned by the author. Maybe for some people that **** is real, but it's people that live in a leftwing echo chamber/bubble. I've never heard someone talk about triggers.

There are leftwing and rightwing echo chamber/bubbles and neither one is pretty. Should make people realize that Democracy and different opinions is better for all of us

Really. You want to call the constant accusations of racism and sexism to the war on Christmas. ?

Yes, I certainly would compare accusations of sexism or racism to accusations of a war on Christianity or other culture war crap on the right.

Yes, I certainly would compare accusations of sexism or racism to accusations of a war on Christianity or other culture war crap on the right.

:lol: Dude. That's like saying that we need to worry about the threat of the Cuban Air Force. Accusations that conservatives are sexist/racist are ubiquitous, continuous, and assertive. Accusations that liberals are targeting public displays of Christianity during Christmas time are sporadic, generally local and reactionary. The idea that the two are comparable is ridiculous.

:lol: Dude. That's like saying that we need to worry about the threat of the Cuban Air Force. Accusations that conservatives are sexist/racist are ubiquitous, continuous, and assertive. Accusations that liberals are targeting public displays of Christianity during Christmas time are sporadic, generally local and reactionary. The idea that the two are comparable is ridiculous.

They are perfectly comparable. If you are a devoutly religious person then the notion that your faith is under attack from a group strikes you at your very core.

The problem of course is that there are some on the left that are openly hostile to religion. Similarly, not all accusations of sexism and racism on the right are unfounded as racism and sexism is certainly a bigger problem on the right than it is on the left, but don't act like PC games are not played on the right as well.

They are perfectly comparable. If you are a devoutly religious person then the notion that your faith is under attack from a group strikes you at your very core.

:shrug: I'm a pretty deeply religious person, and the fact (and it is a reality) that there are some on our left who are openly hostile to my faith and seek to restrict or ban its' public display doesn't "strike at my core".

Similarly, not all accusations of sexism and racism on the right are unfounded as racism and sexism is certainly a bigger problem on the right than it is on the left

I would disagree with that. The most consistently racist demographic I have run across is black women, who are pretty thoroughly left-leaning. More generally, it is the left who divides the world into competing interest groups of gender and race. Conservatives have different groupings, which doesn't stop the left from projecting the lefts' groupings-methodology onto the right. Which is why the ubiquitous and scurrilous accusations of racism and sexism come into play.

However, alright. Name me the last time there was a "war on Christmas" political campaign of similar breadth and intensity as the Democrats "war on women" rhetoric. Name me the last time the media decided to descend, excoriate, and then demand that every other Democrat ritually denounce a fellow Liberal for saying something stupid and awkward about Christmas. When was the last time a GOP VP candidate suggested that liberals wanted to put Christians into slavery.

I'll wait if you want to research, but I'm gonna be waiting a while. The level of hysterical rhetoric around sexism and racism that is used against the GOP is multiple orders of magnitude greater than the "war on Christmas" seasonal story.

Cannibalism is a standard response when a movement finds itself on the political outskirts, but I think we are a bit early yet for the full swing (wait until there is a republican in the White House), and when it hits, it's going to be fed by the idiots like these who have now graduated, but haven't realized that the real world doesn't give a flying leap about their theories on the inherent social inequities of "cis-genderness". The left is going to be stuck with this for a bit, methinks.

Well, this is interesting. Chait has discovered that using that endless (baseless) accusations of various forms of bigotry and identity politics in order to intimidate and silence any possible dissent is bad, now that it is also being directed at liberals.

Predictably, hilariously, many of Chait's fellow "liberals" have responded exactly as he described.

GOOD! Leftist will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the liberals, fools, liars and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

It's what happens when you replace education based on reading, writing, arithmetic, critical thinking and achievement with education focused on feelings, diversity and social justice. You churn out a bunch of nimrods who, when faced with the real world are incapable of rationale thought.

Take back education with school vouchers and private schools and we secure our future, with out new young minds to poison the left will do what all parasites do with out a host..Die.

I've always found it fascinating that the people who wail and gnash their teeth the most about colleges and the 'PC culture' never went to or finished college.

Because we did things that mattered and did not take on a mountain of debt in order to learn crap.

What conservatives seem to not understand is that just because the hardcore right may well constitute the majority of today's conservative movement, the far left does not constitute anywhere near a majority of liberalism in America. I know a fair number of self professed liberals and the vast majority of them are pretty unconcerned with being PC. That is not to say they are not tolerant as they universally are. However, they are also unoffendable. Why do you think the vast, vast, majority of comedians are fairly liberal? Why do you think that liberals love The Onion and other irreverent outlets? It's not because liberals are obsessed with being PC I assure you.

Are many leftists obsessed with political correctness and being the language police? Sure, there is no denying that. Do those hardcore leftists constitute anywhere near the majority of American liberals? No, not even remotely.

Yet you people never speak out against it..To not speak in the face of evil is itself evil.

What kills me is that while on one hand they bitch about all those PC leftists, a defining quality of cultural social conservatism anymore is the constant playing the victim, ie: The attack on stay at home moms, the war on Christmas, the war on Christianity and so on.

Because Critical Theory and Political Correctness are destroying America.

Why we are right and you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom