• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’

According to Judge Engoron and AG James it is fraud to profit from a representation of property value in excess of tax appraised value. Trump cited what he believed the market value to be in his representations to the bank. According to them, that’s a crime.
Read the judgement. That is not what Engoron ruled. Get your facts straight before saying things that make you look so totally and completely uninformed.

Considering the wealth of these people, it was more than likely in cash.

Probably not... rich people tend to leave their own money in investments that make them a much higher interest rate than what they pay on a loan. This is advice for even modest investors - after my Dad inherited his parents' estate, he could have eaily paid off his mortgage, but his financial advisor told him the same thing.... and my father is no Jon Stewart...hehe...

Of COURSE we understand what Trump went to court for. A rat DA campaigned on a promise to 'get Trump' and was elected by a bunch of mindless rat retards that support her use of fabricated charges to target a political opponent.

Its repeating in other rat districts. The idiot left loves to pee themselves and shriek NAZI! and FASCIST! while at the same time they also LOOOOVE their rat party using tactics that would make fascist dictators throughout history proud.

Trump can't stop breaking the law.

Law and order isn't just a TV show or a slogan.

The bank actually paid that price to Trump in the form of a loan. What’s the difference?

Bullshit… No bank loaned Trump the full amount he claimed the property was worth.

The New York governor already assured all the other developers and wealthy New Yorkers that they had nothing to fear...that this was ONLY about getting Trump...and that they wouldnt have to worry about being scrutinized.

Which will absolutely make Trumps case on appeal...and at the same time is also bullshit because if they used it against one political opponent, they will damn sure do it again.

I presume that those billionaires should worry a little bit, if they have a break with their shady fixer attorney, and that attorney goes on to testify in court that they have knowledge of the billionaire's criminal acts.

Reactions: lwf
Judge Engoron and AG James judgement in the Trump case is that the fraud is manifest by representing property value as higher than tax appraised value. Stewart’s tax appraised value was only around $800K. So, according to the reasoning of said judge and AG, he committed fraud by representing the property as being worth more than that.
That is NOT what the judge ruled. So according to your misrepresentation of the judgement your allegation is BS.

Cope. What he did was actually worse, because it actually caused harm, where what Trump did caused no harm and the banks actually made money off of it.
What harm did John Stewart cause?

Cope. What he did was actually worse, because it actually caused harm, where what Trump did caused no harm and the banks actually made money off of it.
LMAO…. Did Trump deprive the banks of an accurate interest rate on those loans?

Of what value is this silly, endless repeated argument?

Do you imagine the courts are going to suddenly agree?

Probably not... rich people tend to leave their own money in investments that make them a much higher interest rate than what they pay on a loan.

Yes, I agree. But many of those investments are usually liquid and can be sold fairly quickly.

No they didn't. The bank made money off of it.
How very MAGA of you. "Nothing wrong with a little fraud as long as everyone gets a taste of the profits..." The Trump-era Republican Party has degenerated into a party of criminals.

Cope. What he did was actually worse, because it actually caused harm,

If the buyer chose to purchase at an inflated value and sell at a loss then that is on him/her.

LOL the usual lib hypocrisy. If Trump got taken to court then so should Jon Stewart, but since he's a lib we know thats not gonna happen. Rules for thee but not for me.
Well, there you go. Jon Stewart lacks the integrity to be president as well. He has lost my vote. Thanks for saving me from a fateful mistake.

In all seriousness, I do hope you realize this isn't even remotely the same thing as Trump pro-actively lying on credit applications. There is no role for the homeowner to file a return on the value of the property. That is the assessors job. It sounds like NYC has a problem in the assessors office. It seems Stewart actually did them a favor by selling this property as now they have an updated comp with which to work.

The whataboutisms that people come up with to defend Trump are comical at best, pathetic at worse. I think this one is in the pathetic camp. These 'whataboutisms' are rarely even remotely equivalent or applicable, and all beg the question "what about Trump?" Just deal with the main issue; pathetic whataboutisms just tell us you really do not grasp the main issue.

I think the Tish James prosecution, and specifically the penalty, to be unseemly and wrong….

But this with Stewart is not remotely like what Trump was sued for, other than both involve properties valued in varying ways
The penalty was a disgorgement. The calculated benefit that Trump received that he now has to give back. A very equatable / appropriate punishment.... but if it gets knocked down to $175M, well so be it.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. But many of those investments are usually liquid and can be sold fairly quickly.

Perhaps, depending on their portfolio... my point is only that they wouldn't likely do that to purchase a property. :)

Banks made money off of it, Stewart deprived schools of funding.

^Hey look! Another conservative who knows nothing about economics and taxes. What a shocker!

How very MAGA of you. "Nothing wrong with a little fraud as long as everyone gets a taste of the profits..." The Trump-era Republican Party has degenerated into a party of criminals.
Nothing "MAGA" about it. Trump has done that long before he went political and *gasp* so have tons of other real estate people. There is a reason why the NY governor had to made a public statement that no one else would be gone after, and it was only about Trump, because she didn't want business and investment to be scared away.

I presume that those billionaires should worry a little bit, if they have a break with their shady fixer attorney, and that attorney goes on to testify in court that they have knowledge of the billionaire's criminal acts.
I would think that since the rat DA has proved she is willing to use the power of the state to target political opponents using common legal processes and that she is willing to fabricate victims and prosecute on behalf of banks that not only approved of the process but stated clearly they would do business with the man again...then all developers in the state should pull up stakes and move their businesses elsewhere.

Nothing "MAGA" about it. Trump has done that long before he went political and *gasp* so have tons of other real estate people. There is a reason why the NY governor had to made a public statement that no one else would be gone after, and it was only about Trump, because she didn't want business and investment to be scared away.
You really believe that most developers lie about the size snd zoning of their properties? You seriously believe that?

^Hey look! Another conservative who knows nothing about economics and taxes. What a shocker!
You're just screeching, not rebutting. Fact is, Stewart undervalued his house for tax purposes, and property tax is how schools are funded. Now, you can tell me what I got wrong or you can screech some more.

You're just screeching, not rebutting. Fact is, Stewart undervalued his house for tax purposes,

Source for this claim?

Back
Top Bottom