• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesse Jackson Urges Obama To Issue Pardon For Clinton

Why are Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton constantly butting up against criminal allegations, when other powerful Democrats aren't? There are hundreds of powerful Democrats in this country who will never be accused of being lawbreakers.

Why is that? 'Publican persecution?

hillary was never found to be criminal in her actions
they are the bogus allegations of the reich wing intended to be spread by the low-informed

they are the bogus allegations of the reich wing intended to be spread by the low-informed

She has yet to be found guilty of her criminal acts. She did break the law the FBI determined by having classified information on her devices. The FBI did not press charges because they determined she was not intelligent enough to realise what she did was illegal. The dumbacrats keep spreading their disinformation to change the narrative.

Jesse Jackson? That guy's still around? I'd have thought he'd have suffocated as a result of being stuck up his own *** by now. I suppose he's got a respiratory bypass system or something....

Anyway, the question of pardon isn't all that clear. They spent several years going after her in congress, through law enforcement, in the media. The FBI cleared Clinton, then re-opened its investigation in a bid to sway the election, then cleared her again - but too late. It seems obvious that if she is now charged, it will be purely motivated by Trump's desire for political revenge (and his supporters' desire for jailing their political enemies). If anything seems to merit pardon, it's this kind of persecutory atmosphere.

Of course, the people calling for her to be jailed are just going to flip that statement on its head and claim that the fact that she hasn't been jailed is because of political favoritism. This claim will be made without the slightest shred of evidence that there is in fact such a conspiracy, the only thing behind their claim being the speaker's pre-existing hatred of Hillary and therefore, their personal opinion that she must be guilty.

(By "no evidence", I mean for example that nobody has ever disproved the FBI's claim that it had never recommended charges in Hillary's circumstances, only having recommended them in cases with additional aggravating factors. Disproving that would be evidence of favoritism. But nobody disproved it. They just chose to ignore the need to have evidence).

(Nevermind that the very same people calling for Hillary to go to jail have no problem with myriad accusations of fraud and sexual assault against their guy. That alone should be enough cause to ignore anyone jeering at the possibility of pardoning her.)

If someone goes to jail simply because of whom becomes President at a later date, then we really might as well call it quits.

I don't want her to go to jail unless it is proved in a court of law that she broke the law. But we will never know the full truth unless there actually IS a trial. Which is what the majority of people actually want. A trial. That is where guilt or innocence is proven. Is that really so much to ask for? For many, Comey's statements was enough to show that she should have at the very least been taken to court. And if Obama does blanket pardon her then it will confirm in many peoples eye's that the Elite do not have to follow the law. That will create an even bigger division than we already have. And right now that divide is larger than 10 Grand Canyons put together. Does this country really need that?

she has never been found guilty of anything but running an uninteresting campaign
your assertion that she is criminal is without basis in fact
Did Comey admit that she had broken the law?

The Clinton Foundation possible pay for play is the one that bothers me the most. But I'm beginning to believe that charge isn't strong enough for prosecution.

I seriously doubt Obama will do that because it would take Trump off the hook. Then again, HC may have had that commitment from Obama long ago.

It's all smoke and mirrors, folks.

A Hillary pardon wouldn't stop an investigation into the Foundation.

That is a separate entity entirely.

I actually hope he does just that. Obama should pardon her. Mind you...it will put a certain stink on her permanently, but it will end a lot of this and allow us to move forward.

On him as well, I think.

It would show he knows she could be guilty of other crimes not yet discovered.

On him as well, I think.

It would show he knows she could be guilty of other crimes not yet discovered.
I would bet money that he would be OK with reinforcing the Clinton stank. I really dont believe there is ANY love lost between the two camps.

It's not done.....Low informed indeed.

did Comey acknowledge that there was no basis to prosecute
My question first...then we will get to Comeys decision not to prosecute.

My question first...then we will get to Comeys decision not to prosecute.

then you do realize there was no basis to prosecute
which then tells us hillary did not engage in criminal acts

Thats a foolish leap you just made. If you got pulled over by a cop going 20 over the speed limit and he just gives you a warning did you NOT break the law? What if the reason you werent given the ticket is because your best friend is the mayor?

Comey stated unequivocally that she in fact violated the law. He declined to prosecute. He said there wasnt precedent but that ALSO was a lie. Kristin Saucier is in prison for committing a far less heinous act involving materials that were LESS classified.

Comey played politics. HRC wasnt tried due to politics. There is zero question as to whether or not she violated the law.

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee — not just a rank-and-file House member — alleged Tuesday that Hillary Clinton likely broke the law with her use of private emails as secretary of state.

"I think they all fall into one great big mistake she made," Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa told Newsmax before adding: "And it could be a violation of law, probably is a violation of law. Some people are suggesting she could even be prosecuted, and it's as simple as this — she was using a private email address instead of a government one, and it probably violates the Freedom of Information Act, it probably violates national security legislation."

Fact Check: Hillary Clinton, Those Emails And The Law : It's All Politics : NPR

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee — not just a rank-and-file House member — alleged Tuesday that Hillary Clinton likely broke the law with her use of private emails as secretary of state.

"I think they all fall into one great big mistake she made," Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa told Newsmax before adding: "And it could be a violation of law, probably is a violation of law. Some people are suggesting she could even be prosecuted, and it's as simple as this — she was using a private email address instead of a government one, and it probably violates the Freedom of Information Act, it probably violates national security legislation."

Fact Check: Hillary Clinton, Those Emails And The Law : It's All Politics : NPR

and the head of the FBI, which investigated the matter, concluded hillary did nothing which warranted prosecution

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jesse-jackson-urges-obama-issue-103805420.html

Pardon for what? I thought she didn't do anything wrong?

A blanket pardon? So....she is like a get-out-of-jail-free card?

It is interesting, she hasn't been convicted of anything, so why or how could he pardon her? It's not like she's going to be punished for any of her transgressions, we don't hold politicians accountable, but still it's a messed up statement.

Also who the hell listens to Jesse Jackson still?

It is interesting, she hasn't been convicted of anything, so why or how could he pardon her?
ford pardoned nixon for known and unknown criminal acts against the nation
Obama could do the same for hillary

It's not like she's going to be punished for any of her transgressions, we don't hold politicians accountable, but still it's a messed up statement.
no way the republican congressionals are going to give this up
without a pardon, we will have so many email committee hearings that it will make the benghazi hearings look tame and infrequent

Also who the hell listens to Jesse Jackson still?
nobody with any sense
however, this time the blind squirrel found a nut

Facts:
1. Obama appointed her Sec State.
2. She used a private server as Sec State.

This is Obama's mess. He can pardon her if he wants. Let him clean it up. If he can't then it was his decision to leave her out in the cold. I think could be playing a game of chicken with Trump. He isn't wild about Hillary but he needs to figure out how this will be viewed in his legacy. If he pardons her the right will use it against him. If he doesn't pardon her and she is convicted it will hurt his legacy and the right will use it against him. If he doesn't she faces Jeff Sessions if Trump doesn't pardon her. If Trump pardons her it will do damage to one of his campaign promises. Would Obama play a game like this at Clinton's expense? I think he would. He isn't happy with her.

and the head of the FBI, which investigated the matter, concluded hillary did nothing which warranted prosecution
By your logic Nixon did nothing wrong too.

Heres the ironic part. HRC was ON the Watergate investigative committee and what did Jerry Zeifman, the chief counsel of the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate inquiry have to say of her? “She was a liar. She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality." “If I had the power to fire her, I would have fired her.” “Well, let me put it this way. I terminated her, along with some other staff members who were — we no longer needed, and advised her that I would not — could not recommend her for any further positions.”

Now...wouldnt it be funny if it turns out that Comey, via Lynch, via Obama refused to prosecute based on direction FROM Lynch via Obama. Thats Watergate all over again.

She destroyed evidence while under subpoena. She lied about the content of the server on numerous occasions. She lied about receiving classified data on her personal server. She lied about transmitting classified data on her personal server. There is zero question that she committed a crime. There is also IMMEDIATE precedent for the prosecution of possession of classified materials which resulted in a conviction and prison sentence during THIS ADMINISTRATION.

no way the republican congressionals are going to give this up
without a pardon, we will have so many email committee hearings that it will make the benghazi hearings look tame and infrequent

They may run their mouths about it, but in the end they won't do anything about it. So long as it's a talking point they can use it. But both sides have done quite shady things and the last thing either side of the Republocrats wants to do is open the can of worms that is accountability and responsibility. It's best for them if they can leave it as a talking point, but not actually do anything about it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jesse-jackson-urges-obama-issue-103805420.html

Pardon for what? I thought she didn't do anything wrong?

A blanket pardon? So....she is like a get-out-of-jail-free card?
You make a good point. Also, would not Mrs. Clinton or someone on her team have to have applied to the Office of the Pardon Attorney for executive clemency first?

Hillary Clinton will not get a pardon from President Obama.

If Obama is to be kept to his word, neither will former CIA director David Petraeus, convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard, intelligence contractor Edward Snowden or Pvt. Chelsea Manning, all of whom were accused or convicted of mishandling classified information.

The reason is simple: None of them has applied to the Office of the Pardon Attorney for executive clemency.

Obama addressed “last-minute” presidential pardons at a news conference in August. “The process that I put in place is not going to vary depending on how close I get to the election,” he said in response to a question from USA TODAY. “So it's going to be reviewed by the pardon attorney, it will be reviewed by my White House counsel, and I'm going to, as best as I can, make these decisions based on the merits, as opposed to political considerations.”
Here's why President Obama is unlikely to pardon Hillary Clinton

By your logic Nixon did nothing wrong too.

Heres the ironic part. HRC was ON the Watergate investigative committee and what did Jerry Zeifman, the chief counsel of the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate inquiry have to say of her? “She was a liar. She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality." “If I had the power to fire her, I would have fired her.” “Well, let me put it this way. I terminated her, along with some other staff members who were — we no longer needed, and advised her that I would not — could not recommend her for any further positions.”

Now...wouldnt it be funny if it turns out that Comey, via Lynch, via Obama refused to prosecute based on direction FROM Lynch via Obama. Thats Watergate all over again.

She destroyed evidence while under subpoena. She lied about the content of the server on numerous occasions. She lied about receiving classified data on her personal server. She lied about transmitting classified data on her personal server. There is zero question that she committed a crime. There is also IMMEDIATE precedent for the prosecution of possession of classified materials which resulted in a conviction and prison sentence during THIS ADMINISTRATION.
i followed that story closely, back in the day, and i do not recall the FBI stating nixon did nothing warranting indictment after concluding its investigation

would you please offer a cite showing that actually happened

what's wrong with it?

lots
to begin with, your insistence that hillary has 30 years of felonies under her belt is an obvious lie

If she's innocent of wrongdoing, what does she need a pardon for?

If she's innocent of wrongdoing, what does she need a pardon for?

to avoid being further used by the reich wing for its show boating congressional committee meetings
or have you forgotten the pointless benghazi hearings

No, that is a mischaracterization on your part....I believe he was clear to warn that others may indeed face prosecution, and he laid out a strong prima fascia case agaisnt Hillary. However, he couched his case in intent, which it is clear now, that he never looked for....It, IMHO, was a set up from the beginning....The FBI was never going to recommend indictment. And even if they did, the AG would have declined. So, to make the statement as you did, is just plain, factually, and legally wrong.

Back
Top Bottom