• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

I have mixed feelings about this misfit boxing I don’t know what is being achieved here other than I hope Tyson knocks him out .
58 yr old Tyson, I wouldn't dare get in the ring with him. I'm not sure any boxing federation would sanction this because of his age. Mike seems to be a little bit better person these days though.

58 yr old Tyson, I wouldn't dare get in the ring with him. I'm not sure any boxing federation would sanction this because of his age. Mike seems to be a little bit better person these days though.
It will end up being classed as an exhibition. It’s a sad state that the sport has got to

this misfit boxing

Awful idea. It was bad enough when two YouTubers decided to go boxing and they carried the world of boxing in with them (money) but I suppose the promise of even more money is what keeps this idea going.

I have mixed feelings about this misfit boxing I don’t know what is being achieved here other than I hope Tyson knocks him out .
I have no idea why anyone would pay for this, but some people will, and as long as these exhibitions keep making money, they'll keep happening.

I have no idea why anyone would pay for this, but some people will, and as long as these exhibitions keep making money, they'll keep happening.
They will make a fortune out of it , what annoys me is it spoils the sport

Iron Mike already has noticeable brain damage. Jake Paul is still what I'd call semi-pro, but he has legitimate knockout power.

Iron Mike already has noticeable brain damage. Jake Paul is still what I'd call semi-pro, but he has legitimate knockout power.
I agree he’s not bad, I don’t see how this ends as a good look for either of them will make a fortune probably though

On the one hand, a 57 year old Tyson has certainly lost a step since the he quit boxing.

On the other hand, this is 57 year old Mike Tyson

Granted, this could very well be rigged, but I think if it is a straight up fight Tyson would knock Jake Paul into retirement.

I mean, if you have watched boxing even a little you can watch fight-day form Jake Paul versus training-day 4 Mike Tyson and see that all that Paul has on Tyson is reach, but even at 57 Tyson is showing elusiveness and footwork that Jake Paul has never seen.

If Tyson gets inside Paull's reach (and he will) his brutal short hooks to the body and lightning fast hooks to the head are fight enders.

In a straight up fight I'd have Tyson KOing Paul in under a minute.

Watch this pitiful fight and pay attention to Paul's defense against a bad opponent:

Paul is very slow and sloppy in defense, and he thinks his dodging ability is sound, but this is what Tyson does to guys like Paul:

Tyson throws a slow jab, Paul thinks he is responding faster than Tyson can punch and pulls his hands up and ducks back, throwing a weak jab and he pulls back.

Tyson, anticipating that defense, ducks in under Paul's fading jab and high hands and punishes Paul with a right-hand hook to the body which drops Paul's right hand and Tyson's right hook is in uncontested, pushing Paul's reset button before Paul sees it coming.

When Mike is done, Paul will have noticeable brain damage.

Watch a Jake Paul fight, the guy is an amateur. Tyson shows no signs of brain damage.

While Tyson shows that he has slowed since stepping out of the ring, even a 50% speed Tyson would still be twice as fast and Paul.

Paul will go down like a sack of potatoes in the first round.

I mean, if you have watched boxing even a little you can watch fight-day form Jake Paul versus training-day 4 Mike Tyson and see that all that Paul has on Tyson is reach, but even at 57 Tyson is showing elusiveness and footwork that Jake Paul has never seen.

If Tyson gets inside Paull's reach (and he will) his brutal short hooks to the body and lightning fast hooks to the head are fight enders.

Watch this pitiful fight and pay attention to Paul's defense against a bad opponent:

Paul is very slow and sloppy in defense, and he thinks his dodging ability is sound, but this is what Tyson does to guys like Paul:

Tyson throws a slow jab, Paul thinks he is responding faster than Tyson can punch and pulls his hands up and ducks back, throwing a weak jab and he pulls back.

Tyson, anticipating that defense, ducks in under Paul's fading jab and high hands and punishes Paul with a right-hand hook to the body which drops Paul's right hand and Tyson's right hook is in uncontested, pushing Paul's reset button before Paul sees it coming.

I can even see a left to the body ending it.

Intrigued but not intrigued enough to pay $$

I think I’m rooting for iron mike?

I used to be at least a bit interested in boxing matches. I watched a few Tyson fights when I was younger. These days, though, it would mostly feel like watching someone get brain damage so that other people can make money off of it. Watching a 27 year old fight a 58 year old approaches Treadmill to Bucks territory.

I was clearing out some old bookmarks this morning and came across one I bookmarked on Mike Tyson.

A lot of people want to label Tyson as a brawler based solely on the fact that he had such devastating punching power and most of his wins were by KO. But what set Tyson aside in his prime was how he combined elusiveness, awareness and those devastating punches.

In this fight Reggie Gross must have felt like he was fighting a ghost up until that left hook.

Yeah I can't imagine Paul winning this thing unless it lasts very long. But I'll be watching. Tyson is ferocious.

Back
Top Bottom