• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Launches Retaliatory Strikes Against Iran

You realize Iran was the no.1 enemy before this strike and will continue to be after this strike?
You think Hezbollah and Hamas are independent factions?

Hamas were the no. 1 enemy, and Hamas in Gaza does not command the Iranian military. Attacking a member of the Iranian military at an embassy in Syria is a blatant act of state-on-state war, entirely different from proxy wars which Israel has survived for decades with minimal losses. A settler would get shot sometimes, and occasionally one of Hamas's crappy rockets would actually something.

Did you miss the entire Israel/Gaza war? Given that Hamas started it and Israel had no hesitation in hugely escalating it, I don't see how you can dismiss it as just part of a proxy war. Israel is plenty tough against boys throwing rocks, but it doesn't need a war with Iran, let alone bringing Syria or Iraq into it. This was a military mistake, made for domestic political ends. Netanyahu needs a more "respectable" enemy if he's to hang onto the Prime Ministership.

All of those "conflictive religious buildings" are built on remains of the previous versions of those buildings destroyed by previous civilizations with the same dumb idea.
What, they had shopping malls in the Bronze Age?

You "hope" for more deaths? Sick.

Or maybe he's hoping for Iran to waste more of its missiles against Israel's anti-missile defense. I wouldn't assume either way.

What, they had shopping malls in the Bronze Age?

I'm was assuming when you say "religious buildings" you weren't talking about the shopping malls... :rolleyes:

Mileikowsky was already backing Hamas before it struck Israel on Oct 7. "We control the height of the flame," he said.

He felt that Hamas was the better alternative to the PLO which actually recognizes the State of Israel and wants a 2-state solution.
Because Mileikowsky absolutely does not want such a solution. The only solution Mileikowsky wants is his preferred Final Solution.
Yes. How many attempts at peace talks has Netanyahu walked out of, or cynically bragged about derailing? His party's charter states quite clearly that nothing less than Israeli sovereignty "between the sea and the Jordan" is acceptable. And of course we have the recurrent 'but the Holocaust' attempt at emotional blackmail whenever the IDF commits another "regrettable" atrocity. When does Israel's free pass expire?

Nope. The dumb idea was that you can defeat a religion by destroying a building.

I don't give a crap about the religion. No desire to defeat any religion.

Just want to put a strip club over the holy sites so that they will stop fighting over them.

Maybe dig a giant hole where they were and fill it with lava.

I don't give a crap about the religion. No desire to defeat any religion.

Just want to put a strip club over the holy sites so that they will stop fighting over them.

Maybe dig a giant hole where they were and fill it with lava.

They won't stop fighting over the holy sites, you will have just entered the conflict with your own religion...

Mileikowsky was already backing Hamas before it struck Israel on Oct 7. "We control the height of the flame," he said.

He felt that Hamas was the better alternative to the PLO which actually recognizes the State of Israel and wants a 2-state solution.
Because Mileikowsky absolutely does not want such a solution. The only solution Mileikowsky wants is his preferred Final Solution.

In the West Bank it's plausible that Netanyahu plans to expand Israel's borders, but Gaza is quite tiny and heavily populated. Terrible though 34,000 Gazans killed is, that's only 1.5% of the population. If Israelis are going to live safely on that once-Palestinian land, they'll have to repeat the killing 70 times over.

Or maybe the plan is to make life so horrible for people in Gaza, that other Western nations have to take them as refugees. Well Turkey might, but after decades of being oppressed and after being raised to hate Israel, these would be very dangerous refugees for a European nation or the US to accept. They probably hate us too, so we'd have to go to extraordinary lengths to welcome and integrate them ... if they even consented to come.

So what is Netanyahu's long term plan for Gaza? Frankly I don't think he has one. He's clinging to power as a "war Prime Minister" as dissent over the conduct of the war grows, and he doesn't care that there will be an insoluble conflict for his successor to try to fix.

By the way, why do you call Netanyahu "Mileikowsky"? His name Netanyahu is from birth. It was his father's name, and his mother's name was Segal.

They won't stop fighting over the holy sites, you will have just entered the conflict with your own religion...

What religion would that be?

In the West Bank it's plausible that Netanyahu plans to expand Israel's borders, but Gaza is quite tiny and heavily populated. Terrible though 34,000 Gazans killed is, that's only 1.5% of the population. If Israelis are going to live safely on that once-Palestinian land, they'll have to repeat the killing 70 times over.

Or maybe the plan is to make life so horrible for people in Gaza, that other Western nations have to take them as refugees. Well Turkey might, but after decades of being oppressed and after being raised to hate Israel, these would be very dangerous refugees for a European nation or the US to accept. They probably hate us too, so we'd have to go to extraordinary lengths to welcome and integrate them ... if they even consented to come.

So what is Netanyahu's long term plan for Gaza? Frankly I don't think he has one. He's clinging to power as a "war Prime Minister" as dissent over the conduct of the war grows, and he doesn't care that there will be an insoluble conflict for his successor to try to fix.

By the way, why do you call Netanyahu "Mileikowsky"? His name Netanyahu is from birth. It was his father's name, and his mother's name was Segal.
Netanyahu is an adopted Hebrew name, changed upon migration to Israel from Poland. His paternal grandfather was a Mileikowski.

Are you being purposefully obtuse? Last I checked there are no plans to move Temple Mount to a strip mall. :rolleyes:
I'm always obtuse. I merely pointed out an alternative; move the stuff on Temple Mount into a mall, and create individual places of worship for all Abrahamic faiths. That way the don't have to fight over 'their' one.

Let's just be honest. The OP doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm always obtuse. I merely pointed out an alternative; move the stuff on Temple Mount into a mall, and create individual places of worship for all Abrahamic faiths. That way the don't have to fight over 'their' one.

They'd each need their own entrance though. So this could accommodate 4 religions, or 5 if you make the building in the shape of a pentagon ;)

I'm was assuming when you say "religious buildings" you weren't talking about the shopping malls... :rolleyes:
Well, you weren't very specific about what you thought was a 'dumb idea'.

Back
Top Bottom