• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is anyone poised to leave the US if Trump wins?

Oh please, who's been holding onto their spittle-flying hate and "I NEED to own the libs!" all these years? Check yourself there, little man.

This nation has gone off the rails. Everyone just breathe.
:ROFLMAO:

Your lack of self awareness is both stunning...but also ****ing hilarious. You 'people' eat, sleep, and breathe your hatred of Donald Trump. Thats...............sad.

:ROFLMAO:

Your lack of self awareness is both stunning...but also ****ing hilarious. You 'people' eat, sleep, and breathe your hatred of Donald Trump. Thats...............sad.

The irony is thick with this one. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: "Pwn the libs!" for four ranting, hair-tearing, Biden-hatin' years. Also... "you guys are so full of hate!"

Well, keep on truckin', I guess, LOL!

The irony is thick with this one. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Enjoying it on the one hand, pitying it on the other. Oh well, it's all good. Keep on hatin'! I'm sure it keeps ya going there, big guy!
I dont think you understand 'irony'...and you definitely lack the ability to see yourself. This site is a testament to you 'people' and your blind hatred of Trump.

And you know what the REALLY sad thing is? When Trump is gone, you will move on to the next GOP politician you are told to hate..and you will mindlessly...blindly....oblige.

You wont be able to help yourself. It is literally what you are now.

Nope, but I'd love to move to either Toronto or Brussels.
Of course I'd have to convince the wife.

I have considered New Zealand, but I'll just settle for the Lord of the Rings tour and then back to the U.S. I'm not sure other countries want us Americans, LOL.

The U.S. is my home...it really has everything.

I have considered New Zealand, but I'll just settle for the Lord of the Rings tour and then back to the U.S. I'm not sure other countries want us Americans, LOL.

The U.S. is my home...it really has everything.
I'd love to visit New Zealand some day. Dunno if it'll ever happen, but I can put it on a "I'd love to go to.." list.
Yeah, love my neighborhood. Schools are decent. Businesses, ease of travel. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

We have a home in FL that DH wants to sell because of the political situation in the States but I have been able to talk him out of until now. However if Trump wins that will be the last straw for him.

You're going to leave if Trump wins?
Good riddance.

Lots of people are talking about leaving the US if Trump wins the election. It remains to be seen how serious they are, it's probably just a lot of steam-letting, but there were quite a number who did leave when he won in 2016 and have been gravitating to other countries simply because they hate what American has become. I think the debate about whether to leave will intensify this second time around because of how candid Trump has been about what he plans to do with his dictatorship from 2025 to whenever he decides he's had enough. Anyone around here contemplating packing up and fleeing?

Generally speaking, people of the non-wealthy persuasion only leave when their lives are in direct danger. Uprooting your life to move to a foreign country isn't the breeze that a lot of people make it out to be.

He hired "loyal" people last time, he ended up being so frustrated with them that he asked his followers to assassinate one of them.

I have a feeling (FBI, here they come, I can hear them knocking on my door now) that before it gets to the boiling point, someone will take this dude out. I really don't want it to happen, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying...there's no way. Just no way he's going to accomplish this nightmare-scape everyone is whipping up in their minds. Just calm down, everybody. He's ONE man. Who makes horrible choices and has no clue what he's doing. His own "choices" would turn on him, we've seen that already. Just breathe, people. If we're all going to be hysterical every single election like this, the entire nation is going to stroke out.

Not going to hang my hopes on It Can't Happen Here OR on your attempted softer version. :)
Sorry but with all due respect, the man is a dictator, and he intends to duplicate what we see happening in other current dictatorships.
I can think of one that's only six thousand miles away and another that's a couple of thousand miles East of that.
Those guys like this guy, he studies them because he wants to be just like them.

And there's no cavalry coming to save us.

His own choices see opportunities for themselves, which is why we get Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis.

Generally speaking, people of the non-wealthy persuasion only leave when their lives are in direct danger. Uprooting your life to move to a foreign country isn't the breeze that a lot of people make it out to be.

Even if you have the money, there are always residency/citizenship issues.

Maybe these countries will accept Americans fleeing Trump as political refugees. I just hope there won't be so many that Canadians start talking about having to build a wall.

Lots of people are talking about leaving the US if Trump wins the election. It remains to be seen how serious they are, it's probably just a lot of steam-letting, but there were quite a number who did leave when he won in 2016 and have been gravitating to other countries simply because they hate what American has become. I think the debate about whether to leave will intensify this second time around because of how candid Trump has been about what he plans to do with his dictatorship from 2025 to whenever he decides he's had enough. Anyone around here contemplating packing up and fleeing?

No. Though I will wave goodbye to all the parting libruls.

Will have plans in place in case.

If i am able to yes. Maybe thats what you guys always wanted, a world without us…. I’ve heard it day in and day out for most of my life. I chocked it off as political rimming but y’all are actually serious about that… well you might just get what you wish for… jan 6th was the final message you people needed to send… Re-electing Trump will be the final straw for me…

Lots of people are talking about leaving the US if Trump wins the election.

and the folks that leave will be the same folks that left Germany upon Hitter's rise, the educated and innovative. Those not easily lead are threats to strongmen so they become targets. Knowledge is the enemy of the tyrant. Look at how the deplorables see our esteemed universities and colleges.

We’ve been talking about living overseas part of the year when we retire, but it has nothing to do with whichever troglodyte is put into the White House.

How? Where?

Trump is a symptom of a global problem.

If I’m right, and boy do I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t bet against me on this, we are repeating a series of economic, social and political behaviors we’ve done before and seen its outcomes.

The unchecked growing greed, power shifts and how we, in our aggregate, behave is pushing us toward a repeat of a global economic crash, a generation’s worth of misery, and probably a world war.

It’s because these behaviors are not sustainable. They require growth that isn’t feasible. They require the acceptance of the masses that a growing percentage of the proceeds will be retained by a shrinking share of our population. It requires the acceptance that the governing of the masses will be turned over to that same small percentage of us that are hoarding the majority of the wealth these unsustainable changes generate.

It collapsed before. It will falter, fail, and collapse again.

Repeating the same stupid behaviors produces the same, stupid, results.

Trump doesn't have any real plans other than enriching himself and avoiding prison. All of these other plans are on behalf of those who want to be in a 2nd Trump admin. It's not Trump we need to worry about, it will be who he hires.
You forgot that he also will want to be President for life and a 2028 election is doubtful unless he can control it in his favor.

I cannot live in a country that is so unjust and so insanely immoral that the populace is so willing to fight a criminal president’s battles for him. Thats not a president, that is a tyrant.

Back
Top Bottom