• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If I was a Rightie..........

What would my behavior be like if I was a Rightie?

• Total voters
I mean if I was one of those on the far right, not just right of center, not just a conservative, but a Rightie (my own definition btw), what characteristics would one expect me to display?
Entertaining Poll.

Resulting commentary will no doubt be spirited and inspiring and fair and balanced.

I crack myself up!

:ROFLMAO: (y)

Weird poll, strange options, but I guess I can pick a few even though I am labeled a "righty" I actually still consider myself a moderate leaning Libertarian based on this meme:

View attachment 67501366

I picked three options:

1. Wise, thoughtful, fair-minded, open-minded. (Of course, "others'" opinions may differ. :unsure: )
5. I would be well read, educated, informed, a follower of science and history. (My post history supports this IMHO :cool:).
9. I would tell Canadians to mind their own damn business. (;) IMO Canadians are pretty nice people on the whole, but having a different political history should look to their own house and their clear issues with free speech and other infringements of rights our Constitution protects us from.)
Your meme is completely opposite of reality. It went the other way. The right went way farther right than the left went left. It would have been conservatives calling foul if 10 years ago anyone flying swastikas or wearing shirts praising Auschwitz were considered part of the group, invited to major political events or even just allowed to attend, or denouncing those who would say women shouldn't be able to vote or anything like this. Now, they are leading contenders for government offices and invited to RNC/Conservative events, even meeting with leading political candidates.

It happens, mercy, I know it happens.
He does have the pattern of choosing similar options. Apparently he thinks he should stop complaining as a Canadian. Yet, righties aren't the only ones that think Canadians seem to stick their noses into US politics far too much.

He does have the pattern of choosing similar options. Apparently he thinks he should stop complaining as a Canadian. Yet, righties aren't the only ones that think Canadians seem to stick their noses into US politics far too much.
I never saw this back and forth between Canadians and Americans until I came to DP.

It has been interesting and entertaining to watch.

Unless a Canadian is in D.C. lobbying Congress critters or the President, I don't see any of this sticking "their noses in US politics far too much."

Well if you want to focus on me instead of the choices...............................
Who provided the options? Saying it's about you is a copout, it's about not putting an Other option in, forcing folks to either skip the poll, as I did, or validate one or more of the smug choices.It's also a recurring theme. It's not about you, it's about your polls. Carry on... ;)

I never saw this back and forth between Canadians and Americans until I came to DP.

It has been interesting and entertaining to watch.

Unless a Canadian is in D.C. lobbying Congress critters or the President, I don't see any of this sticking "their noses in US politics far too much."
Trying to influence voters is always on the table of "sticking their noses into US politics far too much".

Meh.

Unless the Canadian is entering the voting booth with the American and guiding their hand with the marker I can't get worried about talk-talk.
I suppose most voters are not so gullible to fall for the opinions of Canadians.

I suppose most voters are not so gullible to fall for the opinions of Canadians.
I would hope. If not, oh well, one or two such folks are not going to turn us into Maple Leaf America. :) (y)

1711629166983.png

I would hope. If not, oh well, one or two such folks are not going to turn us into Maple Leaf America. :) (y)
Thanks to you I now realize this poll is really meant for lefties.

Thanks to you I now realize this poll is really meant for lefties.
:) (y)

I am a Lefty now, but I was once a Righty.

Considering the over the top rhetoric in the Poll questions (I hope it was over the top) and having been a Righty for 42 years, there are some grains of truth in that rhetoric that exemplifies some of the why I got LEFT out of the Republican Party in 2015.

I am a Lefty now, but I was once a Righty.

Considering the over the top rhetoric in the Poll questions (I hope it was over the top) and having been a Righty for 42 years, there are some grains of truth in that rhetoric that exemplifies some of the why I got LEFT out of the Republican Party in 2015.
I imagine there are former lefties that feel the way you do about the other group.

hateful, mean and intolerant name calling poll is what I see
Hateful = Donald Trump
Mean
= Donald Trump
Intolerant
= Donald Trump
Name Caller
= Donald Trump

Damn, according to your avatar and profile, you must see everything in that Poll that you wholly support in a person running for the Presidency.

9. I would tell Canadians to mind their own damn business. (;) IMO Canadians are pretty nice people on the whole, but having a different political history should look to their own house and their clear issues with free speech and other infringements of rights our Constitution protects us from.)
They just might start that process with next year's election. I hope to see Trump leading this country and Poilievre leading theirs. Both would be such a good step in the right direction. But, based on many a comment some Canadians have made, it's clear both would make some Canadians on this forum mighty grumpy.

Hateful = Donald Trump
Mean
= Donald Trump
Intolerant
= Donald Trump
Name Caller
= Donald Trump

Damn, according to your avatar and profile, you must see everything in that Poll that you wholly support in a person running for the Presidency.

you know ... he is mean, and a name caller, he's kinda hateful and I dunno on intolerance ... but he's all of those words, I agree

good thing I don't have to insist on those qualities in someone to be a CEO or leader or president. One of THE BEST managers I've ever had I didn't like at all on a personal level

A Rightie isn't a MAGA because a MAGA is a MAGA.
Righties might be right wing but unless they identify as MAGA, they're something else yet to be defined.

Ok, but they define themselves, right? Republicans call "non-MAGA" rinos and now uniparty. The only real difference is that one is alt-Right and the other at least clings to their failing notion of conservatism.

The "moderates" like to pretend that they are not of MAGA, yet they created this. This was the political extremism that they pushed as a political platform. MAGA simply fit into the environment. "Moderates" supported Trump in 2016. They supported him again in 2020. They forgave him his second impeachment even after Jan 6. And although plenty have said they they will not vote for Trump a third time, such as his own Vice President or Nikky Haley supporters, most will default to their blind Party loyalty behind the closed curtain and support Trump again. Whether they claim the label or not, they are all guilty for creating it and remaining silent as the loudest voices run roughshod all over them in Congress and dare them to speak out. Trump merely snapped his finger over the border security Bill, and they adjusted. I don't know of any Republican Congressperson or Senator who has stood up and said, "I am not MAGA" (as Boebert proudly declares that "we" prefer to be called "Ultra Maga."

I think when we witnessed average conservatives rub shoulders with neo-Nazis at Trump rallies, when they defended Trump later for saying "good people on both sides," they became simply the MAGA Party, which morphed into the now Trump Party. I hear he is now a Bible Trumper. Because, now, "we must Make America Pray Again." The website say's that the money will not be used for any political campaign. In other words, it foes directly to Trump's draining pockets. The man is so beyond obvious, yet none of the Righties in D.C. will say a word.

Last edited:
I
I mean if I was one of those on the far right.

It would be safe to assume that you would be like one of those on the Far-Right.

It's just like imagining what you would be like if you were a German conservative in the 1930s or later as a solider in the NAZI Party. You would have to accept that your entire American life experience would be replaced with the NAZI experience. Your mindset would be different. Culture would be different. Personal indoctrination would be different.

Clarify ?

A MAGA or a real Conservative?

They are two different animals

Clarify ?

A MAGA or a real Conservative?

They are two different animals
77th person so far on this thread who didn't read my open comment, so a refresher is needed:
I mean if I was one of those on the far right, not just right of center, not just a conservative, but a Rightie

Back
Top Bottom