• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How's this for a biased, as well as dishonest headline? [W:43]

Just pointing out facts you are unable to refute. Sorry I won't be playing your dishonest games until YOU answer my questions which YOU continue run from. Ill just keep owning the false OP just like other posters did. Here's the headline ""Charlotte video: Cops shot at black man 4 times as he backed up" You claimed its inaccurate and dishonest. Please point out the inaccurate and dishonest part and prove it. :D

You chose "a"... A fine (and very predictable) choice.

Just to see what you will do, I will answer both of the following questions you posed today:

1.) what is inaccurate about the headline in the OP,
2.)How do you know they were "intended" to mislead".

1) The entirety of the headline is what is inaccurate, because it takes and interprets a few select details from the videos, and combines them in such a way as to lead readers into rendering a false and inaccurate conclusion of what those videos depicted. It uses "Cops" instead of "officer", "Black man" instead of "suspect", and suggests that he was shot by police for the non-aggressive act of backing up, with race of course being a contributing factor in that decision to shoot him.

2) The headline was without a doubt misleading and the reason we can conclude that it was done intentionally, rather than being an unintentional mistake, is easy. When a mistake is made by a newspaper, especially one made on a website version of a story, they will correct the mistake. It's been more than 3 weeks since they published that story on their website and the original headline still remains. If it wasn't intended to mislead, it would have been changed long ago.

OK, your turn... Evaluate the accuracy of the headline for the story I wrote on post #97.

If I wrote the following story:

One night I dreamed that I pulled out a loose brick from a 20 story building with hundreds of children inside, the building then completely collapsed, and I shot out of bed and proclaimed to my wife standing at the foot of the bed "I've murdered hundreds of innocent children". my words clearly shocked her. It took a few seconds before she came to the realization that I had just woke from a nightmare. It's a nightmare I'll never forget.

According to her logic, the following headline would be accurate:

Grim17 tells shocked wife he's murdered hundreds of innocent children

lmao

I keep picturing a little kid getting in your face trying to be annoying until you ask 'em what it'll take to make them go away and they say "Tell me I'm right, tell me I'm right."

No you haven't pointed out what part is inaccurate once. Why do people lie on this forum. Here the headline in the OP:
""Charlotte video: Cops shot at black man 4 times as he backed up"

Now tell us what is inaccurate, I know you can't because theres nothign inaccurate about it b ut Im just going to keep asking. After that tell us how you know it was "intended" to mislead". Show your proof of intent. Oh that's right you can't do that either :)

How about these headlines:

"I LOVE WAR" - Donald Trump.
or this one ...
Clinton team admits Hillary has “begun to hate everyday Americans.”

Both are technically true ... but do they both accurately communicate the truth?
They were both intended to mislead.

or this one ...

Both are technically true ... but do they both accurately communicate the truth?

And poof... She's gone.

lol

You chose "a"... A fine (and very predictable) choice.

Just to see what you will do, I will answer both of the following questions you posed today:

1) The entirety of the headline is what is inaccurate, because it takes and interprets a few select details from the videos, and combines them in such a way as to lead readers into rendering a false and inaccurate conclusion of what those videos depicted. It uses "Cops" instead of "officer", "Black man" instead of "suspect", and suggests that he was shot by police for the non-aggressive act of backing up, with race of course being a contributing factor in that decision to shoot him.

2) The headline was without a doubt misleading and the reason we can conclude that it was done intentionally, rather than being an unintentional mistake, is easy. When a mistake is made by a newspaper, especially one made on a website version of a story, they will correct the mistake. It's been more than 3 weeks since they published that story on their website and the original headline still remains. If it wasn't intended to mislead, it would have been changed long ago.
OK, your turn... Evaluate the accuracy of the headline for the story I wrote on post #97.

I knew you would post a lie, there's nothign about the title that's inaccurate as many poster pointer out. As soon as you say "because" you are posting lies because the because is based on your own personal biased logical and not reality., Thank you for answering and proving us all right that your claim is in fact dishonest and based on your feelings and nothing more :) Every single part of the headline is accurate.
The only thing misleading about it is what you choose to make up in your head, normal people don't do that. They know a headline is not the complete story any more than a title of a book is. You are your own issue and again we thank you for proving it. Also the headline you created per the laws of the world and per the English language is accurate also. I thank you for providing that also because it also shows where your problem is, why you are so confused and factually wrong and why you made your mistakes. You did in fact tell your wife that, therefore its accurate. For that headline not to be accurate you would have had to either not have told your wife that but you did, there is no required obligation for a title to tell the whole story because its just a title. Thanks for playing, you lose and have been proven to post lies.

I notice you still have not provided how you know the intent or what's inaccurate? Oh that's right because you cant and you are making it up :)
or this one ...

You'll have to give me more. The first one is in quotes, did Trump say that? then it would be an accurate "headline", the second one I'm not familiar with at all so again I'll need more or that article that goes with it. As far as you opinion or my opinion of how it "communicates" is meaningless. Another thing that has no impact on ACCURACY which we are discussing and is based on your feelings and nothing else. Don't forget to let us know when you can show the headline in the OP is inaccurate of intended to mislead. Thank you.

I knew you would post a lie, there's nothign about the title that's inaccurate as many poster pointer out. As soon as you say "because" you are posting lies because the because is based on your own personal biased logical and not reality., Thank you for answering and proving us all right that your claim is in fact dishonest and based on your feelings and nothing more :) Every single part of the headline is accurate.
The only thing misleading about it is what you choose to make up in your head, normal people don't do that. They know a headline is not the complete story any more than a title of a book is. You are your own issue and again we thank you for proving it. Also the headline you created per the laws of the world and per the English language is accurate also. I thank you for providing that also because it also shows where your problem is, why you are so confused and factually wrong and why you made your mistakes. You did in fact tell your wife that, therefore its accurate. For that headline not to be accurate you would have had to either not have told your wife that but you did, there is no required obligation for a title to tell the whole story because its just a title. Thanks for playing, you lose and have been proven to post lies.

The headline leads people to an inaccurate conclusion, therefore it can not be called accurate.

So when are you going to evaluate the headline I gave you? Here is my post again so you don't have to go back and look for it...

One night I dreamed that I pulled out a loose brick from a 20 story building with hundreds of children inside, the building then completely collapsed, and I shot out of bed and proclaimed to my wife standing at the foot of the bed "I've murdered hundreds of innocent children". My words clearly shocked her. It took a few seconds before she came to the realization that I had just woke from a nightmare. It's a nightmare I'll never forget.

The headline of the story reads:

Is that in your estimation, and accurate headline?

The headline leads people to an inaccurate conclusion, therefore it can not be called accurate.
HAHAHA no it doesn't that's the conclusion YOU come to and thats your problem to deal with. Like I said, you proved your OP fails, as multiple people pointed out and your proved you are your own problem. Other rational people don't come to your conclusion because they are smart enoug and objective enough to know better. You lost and got your ass handed o you by muitiple posters know. Your OP is what is dishonest. :)

So when are you going to evaluate the headline I gave you? Here is my post again so you don't have to go back and look for it...

One night I dreamed that I pulled out a loose brick from a 20 story building with hundreds of children inside, the building then completely collapsed, and I shot out of bed and proclaimed to my wife standing at the foot of the bed "I've murdered hundreds of innocent children". My words clearly shocked her. It took a few seconds before she came to the realization that I had just woke from a nightmare. It's a nightmare I'll never forget.

The headline of the story reads:

Is that in your estimation, and accurate headline?
Already did in my last post, acting like I didn't only further shows us how bad your are failing.

HAHAHA no it doesn't that's the conclusion YOU come to and thats your problem to deal with. Like I said, you proved your OP fails, as multiple people pointed out and your proved you are your own problem. Other rational people don't come to your conclusion because they are smart enoug and objective enough to know better. You lost and got your ass handed o you by muitiple posters know. Your OP is what is dishonest. :)

Already did in my last post, acting like I didn't only further shows us how bad your are failing.

You are correct... my mistake.

So according to you that headline "Grim17 tells shocked wife he's murdered hundreds of innocent children" is accurate.

That means that you are either a) dishonestly throwing up a smokescreen in order to defend a biased and misleading headline in the name of your ideological beliefs, or b) you actually believe that piecing together random facts in a headline that project a false portrayal of a story, while omitting any key facts that would portray the story accurately, comprises an honest, unbiased and accurate headline.

I'm betting it's "a" because I would hate to think you lack the intelligence to comprehend that the use of misleading words and lies of omission, do not equate to an "accurate" headline.

You are correct... my mistake.

So according to you that headline "Grim17 tells shocked wife he's murdered hundreds of innocent children" is accurate.

That means that you are either a) dishonestly throwing up a smokescreen in order to defend a biased and misleading headline in the name of your ideological beliefs, or b) you actually believe that piecing together random facts in a headline that project a false portrayal of a story, while omitting any key facts that would portray the story accurately, comprises an honest, unbiased and accurate headline.

I'm betting it's "a" because I would hate to think you lack the intelligence to comprehend that the use of misleading words and lies of omission, do not equate to an "accurate" headline.

Again thank you for proving that it's your own biased ans assumptions that are the problem and all you have is attempts to insults, which are failing.
I can can prove its accurate with one question: did you tell you wife you murdered hundreds of innocent children? yes, that makes the headline accurate based on definitions and meaning or words :). Headline is completely accurate and theres nothing you can post to change that fact. You lose again.

Perhaps thats because none of the four or five videos show him with a gun in his hand. Not one.

In order to do that, you'd have to forget that it was two plain clothes cops in an unmarked vehicle. How would Scott know they were cops and not two supremacists trying to rob or kill him? Scott didn't get out of his car until uniformed officers showed up in a marked police car.

Just because you're a conservative, doesn't mean you get your own set of facts, either.

If you look at the dash cam video you can see who shot him....and it wasn't the black officer. In the video, after getting out of his car, Scott was slowly backing up into the sunlight by the white truck that the cop in the red shirt and a uniformed officer were using for cover. As Scott moved past the truck, he was taking away their cover.....and that's when the cop in the red shirt shot him. Still...there's no visual evidence in any of the videos that Scott had a gun in his hand....so the headline had it exactly right.

I disagree. At the point where the "victim" is about even with the corner of the white truck bed, and clearing the officers cover, he is not holding his right hand/arm in a normal way. His right arm is still, while his left is swinging normally. It is just a frame or two but, if he isn't gripping a gun he is pointing his finger as if it is a gun. I could be wrong as well but to definitively say "none of the...videos show him with a gun" is dishonest. It is unclear who actually shot him but the "cop in the red shirt" did NOT appear to be the one firing. Do supremacists arrive at their shootings with body armor? You don't get your own set of facts either. I choose to give the cops the benefit of the doubt here. IMHO the headline is inflammatory at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom