• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ho Hum, another republican admits Benghazi is just a Hillary witch hunt. [W:42]

Vern

back from Vegas
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"A second congressman admitted on Wednesday that the Republican House committee created to investigate the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, is solely "designed to go after" Hillary Clinton.

“This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton,” Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.) said on WIBX First News with Keeler in the Morning, a radio show in upstate New York.

Second GOP Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Is All About Hillary Clinton (UPDATE)

Now cons, I understand this is hard for you to believe but republicans and the conservative media have proven (again) they are vile cretins by trying to use the death of 4 Americans for political gain. How is possible that conservatives can never see through the non stop lying and pandering? Honest and intelligent posters here at the forum tried to tell you but you guys just wouldn’t listen. Honestly, can one con explain how in the world you were able to ignore the first 7 investigations that proved everything you believed was a lie yet clung to the hope that the 8th investigation would prove what you really really really wanted to be true

Now just to be clear, this thread is about republicans and conservative media being vile cretins and cons foolishly believing them. It’s not about President Obama, President Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid or any person that you’ve been told to obediently hate.

Oh look, an investigator says he was fired from the Benghazi investigation because he was trying to do his job instead of joining in the partisan witch hunt.

Ex-staffer: Benghazi committee pursuing 'partisan investigation' targeting Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

A former investigator with the House Select Committee on Benghazi is accusing the Republican-led panel of carrying out a politically motivated investigation targeting former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton instead of the thorough and objective fact-finding mission it was set up to pursue.

Maj. Bradley Podliska, an intelligence officer in the Air Force Reserve who describes himself as a conservative

The fact that the guy's name is not "unnamed source" might be a little confusing to some. And even more confusing than the fact that we know his name is that he's a Major in the air force and claims to be a conservative.

That is what political parties do....

It's doesn't mean the investigation of Benghazi isn't without merit... you are promoting a logical fallacy.

If opposing parties don't keep each other in check.... who will??

Well, she is a witch so..............................

"A second congressman admitted on Wednesday that the Republican House committee created to investigate the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, is solely "designed to go after" Hillary Clinton.

“This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton,” Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.) said on WIBX First News with Keeler in the Morning, a radio show in upstate New York.

Second GOP Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Is All About Hillary Clinton (UPDATE)

Now cons, I understand this is hard for you to believe but republicans and the conservative media have proven (again) they are vile cretins by trying to use the death of 4 Americans for political gain. How is possible that conservatives can never see through the non stop lying and pandering? Honest and intelligent posters here at the forum tried to tell you but you guys just wouldn’t listen. Honestly, can one con explain how in the world you were able to ignore the first 7 investigations that proved everything you believed was a lie yet clung to the hope that the 8th investigation would prove what you really really really wanted to be true

Now just to be clear, this thread is about republicans and conservative media being vile cretins and cons foolishly believing them. It’s not about President Obama, President Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid or any person that you’ve been told to obediently hate.

I would take this thread more seriously, if you didn't insult an entire political party and had the audacity to beg not to insult the other one for doing similar things... That being said, I never bought into the Benghazi conspiracy theory. Even though you like describe me as such.

It's doesn't mean the investigation of Benghazi isn't without merit... you are promoting a logical fallacy.

ooooooo celtic, if democrats were objecting to the first investigation you would have a point but they didn't. They really didn't object to the second or the third. I really lost track of the 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th one. But after the 7th one, witch hunt is the only way to describe it. And that's how 2 republican congressmen and a major in the air force describe it. Speaking of objecting to the first investigation, Bush and company tried to stop congress from setting up a 9-11 commission and I can you show you Cheney and Tenet lying to the 9-11 commission. anyhoo, you simply posted that empty factless rhetoric to try to spin away vile cretins using the death of 4 Americans for political gain. I have ask you about your post of empty factless rhetoric. Why?

It's a desperate committee that's probably going to continue to be fruitless, but a lot of committees are like that. Committees are established with less than noble intentions and are even tried to be eliminated on less than noble intentions. Welcome to politics.

A 'witch hunt'...

hmmmmm...

That DOES seem appropriate.

When did the State Department know there was a threat?
Why didnt they act upon their intel?
Who fed the media the lie about the cause of the attack?
Why did everyone in the Obama administration knowingly spread a story they knew was a lie regarding the cause of the attacks?
Why did it take 3 years to produce the emails?

Or

it doesnt MATTER....right?

This would have been over three years ago had they not invested so much time in the lies and cover up.

Hillary is thanking her lucky stars right about now. All of these Republicans saying what everyone else already knew....

What do politicians do that is not political?

What was Political and corrupt was blaming a Terrorist attack that killed 4 Americans on a damn You Tube video.

The Democrats have been Politicizing the deaths of those 4 Americans since the night of the attack and their clown supporters see no problem with that.

What was also corrupt was creating a private Email server for the explicit purpose of circumventing FOIA and Subpoena request.

A 'witch hunt'...

hmmmmm...

That DOES seem appropriate.

When did the State Department know there was a threat?
Why didnt they act upon their intel?
Who fed the media the lie about the cause of the attack?
Why did everyone in the Obama administration knowingly spread a story they knew was a lie regarding the cause of the attacks?
Why did it take 3 years to produce the emails?

Or

it doesnt MATTER....right?

This would have been over three years ago had they not invested so much time in the lies and cover up.

Vance of course Benghazi matters. The problem is it doesn’t matter to you and cons like you. What proves my point is you seem to be unaware that all legitimate questions about Benghazi have been answered in the first 7 investigations. If you care so much, why don’t you know that? And if you care so much why would you ask “ questions” that are based conservative lies? You don't care about Benghazi or the people who died there. You care about Hillary. The republicans are running a witch hunt. Democrats always knew that. Now that two republicans and a “not unnamed” source Benghazi investigator told us you know it too.

I would take this thread more seriously, if you didn't insult an entire political party and had the audacity to beg not to insult the other one for doing similar things... That being said, I never bought into the Benghazi conspiracy theory. Even though you like describe me as such.

Er uh modgop, I’ve in no way “begged you to not insult the other one for doing similar things”. I’m simply requesting cons not go off on their usual deflecting rants rather than address the thread topic. Now as far as “doing similar things” please explain.

While we wait for you to respond, do you remember that Bush tried to stop the 9-11 commission? Do you remember that he refused to speak to the committee under oath? Yea it seems Bush would only speak to the chairman only in secret, only for an hour and only with Dick by his side. Real commandery--in-chiefy stuff there. Oh and I can show you where Tenet and Cheney lied to the commission. Mmmm, I wish we could get a 2nd 9-11 investigation. Sadly, that wouldn’t benefit republicans politically so there wont be one.

Er uh modgop, I’ve in no way “begged you to not insult the other one for doing similar things”. I’m simply requesting cons not go off on their usual deflecting rants rather than address the thread topic. Now as far as “doing similar things” please explain.

While we wait for you to respond, do you remember that Bush tried to stop the 9-11 commission? Do you remember that he refused to speak to the committee under oath? Yea it seems Bush would only speak to the chairman only in secret, only for an hour and only with Dick by his side. Real commandery--in-chiefy stuff there. Oh and I can show you where Tenet and Cheney lied to the commission. Mmmm, I wish we could get a 2nd 9-11 investigation. Sadly, that wouldn’t benefit republicans politically so there wont be one.

I'm glad you think my party is all powerful despite currently being in a state of complete and utter chaos. How is that vast right-wing conspiracy working out for you? Or is our state of chaos also a conspiracy? Go ahead, launch a second 9/11 investigation along with your friends in the CT section here. I'm sure you'll find some friends in there. That being said I wouldn't call the committee a witch hunt as you wouldn't call the 9/11 commission a witch hunt. Yet both are unproved conspiracy theories and no political committee will ever find the needle in the haystack they are looking for! If you are a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. There really is no point in addressing you anymore...

The important thing is controversy that will keep the people divided, using our well known natural tendency to form into group, tribes, or gangs that battle each other for resources. Just attack Hillary, it does not have to have substance. This attracts and retains supporters to your "side," who want to see bad things in the enemy, and feel a sense of comradery and goodness in their "side." Thus we are manipulated by the man behind the curtain.

Well, I ain't American but it seems to be pretty frickin' cynical to accept that political parties will use the functions of the government in the pursuit of party politics. If that's not abuse of authority, what is?

I'm glad you think my party is all powerful despite currently being in a state of complete and utter chaos. How is that vast right-wing conspiracy working out for you? Or is our state of chaos also a conspiracy? Go ahead, launch a second 9/11 investigation along with your friends in the CT section here. I'm sure you'll find some friends in there. That being said I wouldn't call the committee a witch hunt as you wouldn't call the 9/11 commission a witch hunt. Yet both are unproved conspiracy theories and no political committee will ever find the needle in the haystack they are looking for! If you are a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. There really is no point in addressing you anymore...

Modgop, I didn't see where you explained your " “begged you to not insult the other one for doing similar things”. and the "similar things" is still a mystery. I did see where you started making excuses to cut and run. Modgop, you dont need to make excuses to cut and run. You can just do it. But before you do cut and run, let's "untangle" your latest convoluted response. Yes, I wouldn't call a second 9-11 commission a witch hunt and guess what? I didn't call the 2nd Benghazi investigation a witch hunt. I'm pretty sure I didn't call the 3rd, 4th 5th 6th and 7th one a witch hunt But yes ModGOP, I did call the 8th investigation a witch hunt. So did two republican congressmen and an investigator for the committee. And we amazingly know the investigator's name so cons dont get to whine about "unnamed source". So modgop, if have no intention of explaining your post and will continue to whine and deflect then by all means go ahead and cut and run.

Modgop, I didn't see where you explained your " “begged you to not insult the other one for doing similar things”. and the "similar things" is still a mystery. I did see where you started making excuses to cut and run. Modgop, you dont need to make excuses to cut and run. You can just do it. But before you do cut and run, let's "untangle" your latest convoluted response. Yes, I wouldn't call a second 9-11 commission a witch hunt and guess what? I didn't call the 2nd Benghazi investigation a witch hunt. I'm pretty sure I didn't call the 3rd, 4th 5th 6th and 7th one a witch hunt But yes ModGOP, I did call the 8th investigation a witch hunt. So did two republican congressmen and an investigator for the committee. And we amazingly know the investigator's name so cons dont get to whine about "unnamed source". So modgop, if have no intention of explaining your post and will continue to whine and deflect then by all means go ahead and cut and run.

Does it really matter how much I can say about the liberal dislike of Bush's Presidency? Their continued efforts to undermine HIM and Cheney at all times is downright despicable! They STILL DO IT. Despite Bush's best efforts to stay out of the public spotlight. Now, you are upset at the Republicans for using similar tactics towards Obama and HIS administration? Grow up, this is politics!

In fact, I would say that Bush and Obama have undergone similar treatments from their political rivals. Obama maybe a little worse. Maybe. However, these are all overblown as well. If anybody deserves investigations on top of investigations. It IS the Clintons! So if useful information that the public should be aware of is, revealed through these investigations. I say keep going. It won't stop liberals from blaming Bush about 9/11 and the economic collapse.

Does it really matter how much I can say about the liberal dislike of Bush's Presidency? Their continued efforts to undermine HIM and Cheney at all times is downright despicable! They STILL DO IT. Despite Bush's best efforts to stay out of the public spotlight. Now, you are upset at the Republicans for using similar tactics towards Obama and HIS administration? Grow up, this is politics!

Oh, your "similar things" narrative referenced Bush. Okay, you've repeated it. You've finally posted that your still vague example applies to bush. Now just give us a specific example so we can discuss the merits of your post.

In fact, I would say that Bush and Obama have undergone similar treatments from their political rivals. Obama maybe a little worse. Maybe. However, these are all overblown as well. If anybody deserves investigations on top of investigations. It IS the Clintons! So if useful information that the public should be aware of is, revealed through these investigations. I say keep going. It won't stop liberals from blaming Bush about 9/11 and the economic collapse.

sorry con, there simply is nothing you can point to that comes close to
President Obama was born in Kenya
His BC a forgery
he's a secret muslim terrorist
wants to kill old people
the stimulus will cause "hyper inflation, dollar collapse and market to zero"

to name a few of the non stop lies. FYI, I don't have to lie to blame Bush for 9-11 and the Bush Mortgage Bubble. I also don't have to allude to some vague unspecific narrative that will prove me right and then stall and deflect when asked to be specific. You know, like you do.

Oh, your "similar things" narrative referenced Bush. Okay, you've repeated it. You've finally posted that your still vague example applies to bush. Now just give us a specific example so we can discuss the merits of your post.

sorry con, there simply is nothing you can point to that comes close to
President Obama was born in Kenya
His BC a forgery
he's a secret muslim terrorist
wants to kill old people
the stimulus will cause "hyper inflation, dollar collapse and market to zero"

to name a few of the non stop lies. FYI, I don't have to lie to blame Bush for 9-11 and the Bush Mortgage Bubble. I also don't have to allude to some vague unspecific narrative that will prove me right and then stall and deflect when asked to be specific. You know, like you do.

How old are you? Or were you paying attention during the Bush years? I'm not going to name things that can be easily found with a google search. Why don't you do some research before you jump to conclusions? Man, how liberals forget about their hatred for Bush after nearly 8 years... Hm.

You don't like people insulting Obama. I didn't like people insulting Bush. BTW when does the statute of limitations run out on blaming Bush for both of those things??? Care to answer this direct question? To say that the insults against Bush are vague and undefined is simply negligent. You keep spouting them even though, they AREN'T True and are from the same cusp as the Obama insults.

OK. You want some close examples. You did try to poke holes in his military record. I'm sure you are going to say his military record should be questioned right? Why then shouldn't crazy people question Obama's birth? See what I mean. Same thing different sides. You also repeatedly called him every descriptive word for stupid that lies from the dictionary, and even tried to make a thing out of his grades. I guess Obama was smart and covered his up. Huh? So how is that better?

When are you going to drop the "slightly" from your moniker?

Hillary is thanking her lucky stars right about now. All of these Republicans saying what everyone else already knew....

Agreed …regarding Benghazi I watched and read objectively and see no Hilary scandal.

It as a tragic terrorist attack and we do venture into high risk regions.

Just as her opponent Bernie Sanders has so genuinely communicated and many republicans … there is not evil scandal here. Yet the birthers needed something new this election cycle so let them enjoy.

That being said I think any public servant should have questionable issues investigated and by independent credible sources and reports provided.

I have not found any wrong down in Whitewater or the email server yet will remain open and want to look into how she plans to dismantle SCOTUS CU v. FEC and campaign finance reform etc. On those issues it is not a scandal per se yet a serious issue and I want to know which candidate is best able to accomplish separation of corporation and state. I believe in a strong mixed economy with some sectors running more efficiently and needing a unified governing body with not for profit system and then a vibrant business/ corporate community where working people have a chance and new companies can emerge without monopolies or billionaires buying our elections.

Nobody on the Benghazi Committee is saying this. Any RINO can say something that is wrong. Richard Hanna is wrong. Hillary is a felon. She belongs in prison.

BTW when does the statute of limitations run out on blaming Bush for both of those things??? Care to answer this direct question?

I don't want to intrude on your debate with Vern here, but I do want to point out that one thousand years from now, bush* will still have been responsible for economic crisis of 2008 and for failing to stop/prevent 9/11.

Nothing that happens in the future will change the past and given that these were two incredibly significant events, they will continue to be discussed for many years to come.

Vance of course Benghazi matters. The problem is it doesn’t matter to you and cons like you. What proves my point is you seem to be unaware that all legitimate questions about Benghazi have been answered in the first 7 investigations. If you care so much, why don’t you know that? And if you care so much why would you ask “ questions” that are based conservative lies? You don't care about Benghazi or the people who died there. You care about Hillary. The republicans are running a witch hunt. Democrats always knew that. Now that two republicans and a “not unnamed” source Benghazi investigator told us you know it too.

You RATS know precisely dick about what I care about.

I don't want to intrude on your debate with Vern here, but I do want to point out that one thousand years from now, bush* will still have been responsible for economic crisis of 2008 and for failing to stop/prevent 9/11.

Nothing that happens in the future will change the past and given that these were two incredibly significant events, they will continue to be discussed for many years to come.

I do not know if your 1,000 year prediction will come true. However, to say that Bush is responsible for 9/11 is saying that he failed to imagine everything that could happen! A quite illogical statement, because as of now we DO imagine all of these thing that could happen, then but newer different terrorist attacks still happen. BTW, the same who say that Bush failed to imagine 9/11 are against the stuff that would accurately predict it. EG: Defense budget increases, increases in intelligence systems, and a more accurate/forceful police state.

Again, to say that Bush is responsible for economic collapse is also not entirely true. While some blame can go to the President and some policies. The bankers and the loaners are really the main problem from the crash. Everyone KNOWS this.

Now if you would have said, Bush will be blamed by some small portion for these two things 1,000 years from now. I guess I could see that happening, but then again. I thought you liberals were supposed to know that human civilization would have destroyed itself by then.

Back
Top Bottom