• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hate the Sin, not the Sinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how many Christians want to focus on love...while you want to focus on hate.

I focus on the truth as given in the Bible, the Word of God. Interesting how it is so foreign to so many.

Quantrill

well, if you are right, and Christianity is about hate....then my life choices are correct.

Hate is not something excluded from the Christian. Apparently you chose already so thats just another excuse.

Quantrill

Hate is not something excluded from the Christian. Apparently you chose already so thats just another excuse.

Quantrill

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you

Chapter and verse and whose speaking and whose being spoken too.

Quantrill

I happen to disagree. Hate breeds more hatred, and grows until it corrupts the soul. Hate is not of God, and hate is not necessary to reject sin.

I don't feel any hatred towards the sins of those around us. A deep disappointment, maybe. Sadness, even anger. Hate is not a part of that, because it's not an emotional response. Hate is a burden of the soul. 1 John 4:7-11 tells us that we know God through love, and that we must love one another. You cannot truly love if you have hate in your heart.

I know it seems like I'm playing a petty semantics game, but I don't believe the right word for it is hate. The feelings you describe are of righteous anger, disappointment, and sadness. Hate is something different, something ugly, and evil. It's a cancer of the heart that causes man to sin, to speak blasphemy, to murder, and ultimately leads to the rejection of the Holy Spirit. Don't hate the sinner, don't even hate the sin. Sin can only be fought with love, by doing works through Christ. Hate is a poison that will only lead you down the wrong path.

Those are some very good points and food for thought, thank you.

dont you know?

Of course I know. But when you give Scripture, you should give its reference and who is being addrresesd and spoken to. So that others know. If you want them to know.

Quantirll

I happen to disagree. Hate breeds more hatred, and grows until it corrupts the soul. Hate is not of God, and hate is not necessary to reject sin.

I don't feel any hatred towards the sins of those around us. A deep disappointment, maybe. Sadness, even anger. Hate is not a part of that, because it's not an emotional response. Hate is a burden of the soul. 1 John 4:7-11 tells us that we know God through love, and that we must love one another. You cannot truly love if you have hate in your heart.

I know it seems like I'm playing a petty semantics game, but I don't believe the right word for it is hate. The feelings you describe are of righteous anger, disappointment, and sadness. Hate is something different, something ugly, and evil. It's a cancer of the heart that causes man to sin, to speak blasphemy, to murder, and ultimately leads to the rejection of the Holy Spirit. Don't hate the sinner, don't even hate the sin. Sin can only be fought with love, by doing works through Christ. Hate is a poison that will only lead you down the wrong path.

Oh sure. You want to believe the Scriptures that speak of love. Because that appeals to you. You reject the Scriptures that speak of hate, because you disagree. Thats handy. In other words, your just making the Scirptures say what you want them to say.

Quantrill

Of course I know. But when you give Scripture, you should give its reference and who is being addrresesd and spoken to. So that others know. If you want them to know.

Quantirll

just out of curiosity, do you comply with the various regulations & requirements set forth for Christians, in the NT?

just out of curiosity, do you comply with the various regulations & requirements set forth for Christians, in the NT?

You don't yet know what a Christian is. How do you know which Scriptures pertain to the Christian as regualtion and requirement?

Quantrill

You don't yet know what a Christian is. How do you know which Scriptures pertain to the Christian as regualtion and requirement?

Quantrill

I own a New Testament and have read it.

Now, do you follow the regulations & requirements set for Christians in the NT?

there are more than a few.

I own a New Testament and have read it.

Now, do you follow the regulations & requirements set for Christians in the NT?

there are more than a few.

I am a Christian. And am responsible to God for those things He requires of us.

Quantrill

I am a Christian. And am responsible to God for those things He requires of us.

Quantrill

you didn't answer my question. do you abstain from the acts & deeds that the NT says Christians shall not participate in?

here, I'll quote it for ya:

1st Corinthians 5:11 "But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer a dunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the Church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked man from among you'".

Acts 15:19, "You are to abstain from from sacrificed to idols, from ingesting blood, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and sexual immorality".

1st Corinthians 14:34, "women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husband at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

1st Timothy 2:9,"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency & propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. A women should learn in quietness & full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man; she must be silent."

1st Peter 3:3, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes."

do you follow all of these regulations, and demand that all around you follow them aswell?

Last edited:
you didn't answer my question. do you abstain from the acts & deeds that the NT says Christians shall not participate in?

here, I'll quote it for ya:

1st Corinthians 5:11 "But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer a dunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the Church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked man from among you'".

I did answer your question. Can't you read. Yes I agree and follow 1st Cor. 5:11. Next on your list.

Quantirll

I did answer your question. Can't you read. Yes I agree and follow 1st Cor. 5:11. Next on your list.

Quantirll

I added more. See above.

do you make sure you never ingest blood?

do you make sure your wife & daughters don't braid their hair, wear jewelry, or speak in church?

I added more. See above.

do you make sure you never ingest blood?

do you make sure your wife & daughters don't braid their hair, wear jewelry, or speak in church?

Oh yes, you added more. Yes these are good to follow. And, not a law to follow. But yes , I do follow them. Let the women be adorned with the inner beauty of the Spirit and not the outward beauty which comes from braiding of hair etc. Next.

Quantrill

Last edited:
Oh yes, you added more. Yes these are good to follow. And, not a law to follow. But yes , I do follow them. Let the women be adorned with the inner beauty of the Spirit and not the outward beauty which comes from braiding of hair etc. Next.

Quantrill

you make sure to always cook your chicken, lamb, and beef well-done to make sure there is no blood?

Moderator's Warning:
This has gotten more than a little ridiculous. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom