• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamas Willing to Disarm Under Two-State Solution: Turkey FM

The Palestinians people have had their own government for decades, to what end?
Has it helped the Palestinians? They have been given the autonomy to govern themselves, and failed miserably due to the corruption of the people they empower. Religious fools, the lot.

Decades?
Source please: unless you are talking about the Palestinian Authority that rules with Israeli consent in the parts of the West Bank they are allowed to.
As for their "government," Israel spent the last 12 years undermining the palestinian authority in favour of Hamas so as to weaken the calls and unity required for a Palestinian state.

By the way, that's an Israeli news source.

Why do Palestinians rely on Israel for any power, water, or anything else?

When they are not allowed to import the tools to build as Israel says they will use them for weapons, then building their own is no achievable.
I'm going to put money down you already knew this.

Why would they need to import power, or water. Drill.

The water table under Gaza has been tainted by sea water.

Um they do exist whether you like it or not just like Israelis exist and for that argument both sides are squatters
Actually they do not!
Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

That's pretty clear, isn't it? It's even more specific than Golda Meir's statement. It reaffirms what I have written on this subject. And it is hardly the only such statement of its kind. Arafat himself made a very definitive and unequivocal statement along these lines as late as 1993. It demonstrates conclusively that the Palestinian nationhood argument is the real strategic deception – one geared to set up the destruction of Israel.

In fact, on the same day Arafat signed the Declaration of Principles on the White House lawn in 1993, he explained his actions on Jordan TV. Here's what he said: "Since we cannot defeat Israel in war, we do this in stages.

Actually they do not!
Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

Now I know you didn’t just post a link to World nut daily did you?

That's pretty clear, isn't it? It's even more specific than Golda Meir's statement. It reaffirms what I have written on this subject. And it is hardly the only such statement of its kind. Arafat himself made a very definitive and unequivocal statement along these lines as late as 1993. It demonstrates conclusively that the Palestinian nationhood argument is the real strategic deception – one geared to set up the destruction of Israel.

In fact, on the same day Arafat signed the Declaration of Principles on the White House lawn in 1993, he explained his actions on Jordan TV. Here's what he said: "Since we cannot defeat Israel in war, we do this in stages.

I know you didn’t just try to pass of World Net daily as a legitimate source

I's a quote from their leader!

I know you didn’t just try to pass of World Net daily as a legitimate source
It's a quote from their leader outlining exactly what the arab squatters are doing

Borders, imports, exports.

INFRA structure. Build. Drill. Create the INFRA structure so they don't need to go beyond their borders.
You don't know anything about Gaza do you?

It is 25 miles long, 6 to 12 miles wide, home to two and a half million people with very few resources.

Perhaps you need to re read my posts

You quoted my post 59 and didn't expand further in your response. Maybe next time, including your post numbers would help me find the pertinent posts?

Palestinians do not exist they are arab squatters

I take it you are one of the Settlers if not one of their supporters?

More than you!
Read post 177
Lol.

No wonder you are so confused.

• Overall, we rate WND Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW

You don't know anything about Gaza do you?

It is 25 miles long, 6 to 12 miles wide, home to two and a half million people with very few resources.
Sounds like a bad place to be, why don't they move?

If your entire existence is reliant on a hostile nation (that you can't stand), why on earth would you continue there?

I know why, do you?

They are now because they are fleeing Israeli destruction in the north.
No sir, they have been for 75 years. As soon as refugee status goes away, international aid stops.

They are the ONLY people/country that get this classification.

I'll remember that the next time an Israel supporter claims 10/7 was genocide and ethnic cleansing - especially if as you claim, "Israel is a multi-ethnic society........"
You do that. Leave me out of it, thanks
Tell that to the Palestinians being chaperoned off their land and properties by Jewish settlers building illegal homes in the West Bank and destroying Palestinian homes while they are at it.

So they are refugees in their own homeland?
Many were kicked out of Israel (their homeland) and have no right of return. And the remaining Palestinian Territories, Gaza and the West Bank, are occupied by Israel, hence the term occupied territories.

So yes.

Many were kicked out of Israel (their homeland) and have no right of return. And the remaining Palestinian Territories, Gaza and the West Bank, are occupied by Israel, hence the term occupied territories.

So yes.
And the UNRWA won't let ANY go elsewhere, only to Israel.

Do you find that to be a worthy cause?

Hamas has said it will disarm under a 2-state solution, according to Turkey's foreign minister

I have a better idea: Hamas just stop being terrorists.

An even better idea would be Netanyahu being told not to keep blocking the route to a 2-state solution as he has for the last 20 years.
As for Hamas, yes if they could be wiped out without causing famine or ethnic cleansing, I'm all for that.

A disgrace that so many refuse to acknowledge the truth, that before Netanyahu began his scorched earth campaign against anyone breathing in Gaza and the West Bank, the majority of Palestinian residents did not support Hamas and were receptive to a two state solution.

The occupation breeds terrorism.
The above series of posts sums up my perspective on the Israel/Palestine-Gaza-Hamas conflict. The Israeli government's response to Hamas' terror attack is on par to how America initially responded to 9/11, specifically Iraq but Afghanistan certainly wasn't left unscathed. Retaliation was required in both instances, but America had to learn the hard way that going "scorched Earth" isn't the answer. At some point, the people who are left destitute don't all just go away and say, "Well, we'll never do that again". Some of them get older and angrier, never forgetting the horrors they faced or the dire straits they were made to endure at the hands of those who took away everything they held dear. Unfair treatment, undermining policy agreements, encroaching on settled lands and otherwise fostering an environment of mistrust before geocidal war efforts masked as retaliation only breeds "terrorists".

No one ever askes the question, "What did Israel do to bring terrorist to their door step" any more than America asked, "What did we do to anger the 9/11 hijackers?" and foster Muslim extremism. While I don't condone what Hamas did any more than I could accept any rationale for what the 9/11 hijackers did, I always ask, "What did we/Israel do to contribute to the chaos?" It's clear to me that Israel reneging on the 1947 settlement, as outlined, and subsequently undermining the Oslo Accords are the basis for disputes. But at this stage, Hamas will never disarm if Israel doesn't stop the slaughter. And even then, if the Palestinian people don't have a place they can call home, the fighting will just begin anew at some point in the near future.

Sounds like a bad place to be, why don't they move?

If your entire existence is reliant on a hostile nation (that you can't stand), why on earth would you continue there?

I know why, do you?
Do you? Are you sure about that?

Back
Top Bottom