• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guttmacher Report: Planned Parenthood is Not Replaceable

Nope, just you being dishonest to a fault, as usual. I do like it when killers go to prison though for killing innocent human beings.

You don't, but there's that lack of civility on display.

Uh, the op is about providing birth control to people with little or no money. That action would actually help reduce the number of abortions.

So, why are you opposed?

Pro lifers would be fine with planned parenthood if they dont provide abortions. If they stop providing abortions, pro lifers won't target the organization and would then put there full attention on standard abortion clinics.

I think that is far less than accurate. Many consider BCP to be abortiofacient....and IUDs to be abortion inducing.

The government gives them something like 40% of their revenue. I kind of doubt they will be able to go forward without cutting back services considerably.

So I guess you are also saying that most hospitals are getting a huge amount of their revenue from the government....starting with medicare.

"reimbursed for services rendered"
Yes, it is actually a very simple concept. Which part do you find difficult to grasp?

They are being given government money, period.
That is nothing less than simplistic uneducated drivel.

Rationalizing it with stupid things like "reimbursed for serviced rendered" doesn't change that.
It is not rationalizing it is simple fact that due to the uneducated bias you find stupid.

Yes, it is actually a very simple concept. Which part do you find difficult to grasp?

That is nothing less than simplistic uneducated drivel.

It is not rationalizing it is simple fact that due to the uneducated bias you find stupid.

It is stupid and it is rationalizing. I don't care one little bit what excuse government has dreamed up for their behavior. What I do however care about is that a private organization like Planned Parenthood is getting government funds.

It is stupid and it is rationalizing. I don't care one little bit what excuse government has dreamed up for their behavior. What I do however care about is that a private organization like Planned Parenthood is getting government funds.

They are performing a valuable service: providing birth control to people who would otherwise not be able to afford them. If you are really anti-abortion, you would commend PP for this activity, since--you know--it actually reduces the number of abortions.

Henrin, your concept would put most hospitals out of business.

The US has laws that require equal protections under the law and restrict the spending of public money on organizations that discriminate. There are many health care organizations that deserve funding and that are more equal in their treatment, by race, ethnic background, national origin, religion, etc.. Perhaps a few males use planned parenthood but the majority of users are women and the organization makes a big deal about being there for women. Seems discriminatory.

The US has laws that require equal protections under the law and restrict the spending of public money on organizations that discriminate. There are many health care organizations that deserve funding and that are more equal in their treatment, by race, ethnic background, national origin, religion, etc.. Perhaps a few males use planned parenthood but the majority of users are women and the organization makes a big deal about being there for women. Seems discriminatory.

Using that logic, so too then would be laws banning abortions. :)

Henrin, your concept would put most hospitals out of business.

Then they need to arrive at a better business model that isn't dependent on government support. :shrug:

Using that logic, so too then would be laws banning abortions. :)
Well, that would be taking it to an illogical conclusion. Males and females have different health issues but we should try to somewhat equalize spending on both. Not equalize spending on specific medical procedures.
I am also against public spending for baseball stadiums on the grounds that basically only males play baseball. Softball is played on a different field. However there is some equality in fan support.

They are performing a valuable service: providing birth control to people who would otherwise not be able to afford them. If you are really anti-abortion, you would commend PP for this activity, since--you know--it actually reduces the number of abortions.

If a woman can't afford birth control then I would advise them to pick some other means they can afford to avoid pregnancy.

Well, that would be taking it to an illogical conclusion. Males and females have different health issues but we should try to somewhat equalize spending on both. Not equalize spending on specific medical procedures.
I am also against public spending for baseball stadiums on the grounds that basically only males play baseball. Softball is played on a different field. However there is some equality in fan support.

I'm against spending on sport arenas simply because the business should pay for their arenas. When you run a business it is your job to build and pay for the place where that business will be taking place.

If a woman can't afford birth control then I would advise them to pick some other means they can afford to avoid pregnancy.

If they cannot afford BC, they most certainly cannot afford a baby. And, oral contraceptives and patches provided by PP are the most reliable form of BC out there short of medical intervention.

You must secretly like abortions because, like Jay, you promote policies which result in more of them. :)

To fix that try visiting a gynecologist.

Nonsense. For every woman receiving birth control from PP, a male or two or three benefits.

It is stupid and it is rationalizing.
It is fact, you are attempting to rationalize the uneducated position you hold.

I don't care one little bit
Nobody gives a crap what you care about. Society does not run on such ignorance.

Last edited:
Then they need to arrive at a better business model that isn't dependent on government support. :shrug:
More of the usual ignorant banter. THEY do not depend on government support. Many of the women who go to PP do.

I'm against spending on sport arenas simply because the business should pay for their arenas. When you run a business it is your job to build and pay for the place where that business will be taking place.
Now that is valid.

If they cannot afford BC, they most certainly cannot afford a baby. And, oral contraceptives and patches provided by PP are the most reliable form of BC out there short of medical intervention.

You must secretly like abortions because, like Jay, you promote policies which result in more of them. :)

I'm against people thinking they can push their desires to have sex and use services to avoid it on other people. Just because a woman wants to have sex and at the same time avoid pregnancy doesn't somehow obligate me to pay for anything. Look, if I was involved in this sex she wanted to have then maybe I would pay for the birth control, but frankly, since I'm not involved in the sex then I have no real motivation to pay for anything.

Last edited:
I', against people thinking they can push their desires to have sex and use services to avoid it on other people. Just because a woman wants to have sex and at the same time avoid pregnancy doesn't somehow obligate me to pay for anything. Look, if I was involved in this sex she wanted to have then maybe I would pay for the birth control, but frankly, since I'm not involved in the sex then I have no real motivation to pay for anything.

Usually it is not just the woman who wants to have sex. You do understand that. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom