• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP lawmakers liken EPA info tactics to IRS targeting of Tea Party

Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

Sigh. You still don't even know what happened here. Those nine criteria are NOT RELEVANT TO THIS CASE. Those are criteria for denying an FOIA case entirely. I'll put this in bold for you.

The FOIA requests from conservative groups were not denied.

Requests to waive the fee were denied.

And you have no evidence regarding the reason these denials occurred. It doesn't "appear" that way. You are perceiving it that way. It's interesting that you make these declarations despite not even knowing the basic facts of the situation.

Precisely. I am privy to no facts. And neither are you. Or the guy quoted above, who UNLIKE ME, actually HAS "ruled out" a chance of innocence. I didn't rule out anything.
Again, you're not getting it at all, and as I originally said, it's intentional. The waiver is not arbitrary, but it appears that it was arbitrarily applied to groups labeled as conservative. Nothing in EPA policy, not the exemptions, not the criteria - nothing mentions labeling groups as this or that, and it's certainly not remotely within the functions of a federal agency to identify political lean of those seeking information. In fact, one EPA official portrays the fee largely as a function of the time and money required to "copy" to paper the information itself. Because this is largely done electronically now, the fee is unnecessary. Their explanation Deuce, not mine.

In conservative speak, conservation means sell to the highest bidder.

The OP proves what most progressive know: the attack on the IRS is just part of a bigger smear campaign the GOP has against all government agencies that prevent the rich from running roughshod over the rest of America. So they make stuff up. It's what conservatives do.

More unsubstantiated bull**** from the meme machine. Tea Party groups aren't rich.

Again, you're not getting it at all, and as I originally said, it's intentional. The waiver is not arbitrary, but it appears that it was arbitrarily applied to groups labeled as conservative. Nothing in EPA policy, not the exemptions, not the criteria - nothing mentions labeling groups as this or that, and it's certainly not remotely within the functions of a federal agency to identify political lean of those seeking information. In fact, one EPA official portrays the fee largely as a function of the time and money required to "copy" to paper the information itself. Because this is largely done electronically now, the fee is unnecessary. Their explanation Deuce, not mine.

There's that word "appears" again.

There's that word "appears" again.
"Appears" is used in association with a pattern of abuse that is developing - this is not limited to the EPA alone, as you know. It is apparent.

Back
Top Bottom