• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Genealogy research

Most Public Libraries have ancestry.com subscriptions, you can use from the library.
There are also genealogy libraries, and University library archives.
Try your public library before buying your own subscription.
(Take a digital camera, some of the stuff is easier to take screenshots of than print.)

good idea! Will call my local public library and ask if they offer the subscription.

Well I broke down and got the two week free subscription, and a motherlode of information has been unleashed upon me.

I do have just one question. Did these people do nothing but have sex back then? I mean, I am talking 12 and 14 kids - EACH FAMILY. Sheesh!!!!! No wonder they died at 50!!

Anybody do much of this? I'm thinking of looking into it, and have half-heartedly started searching tonight. Most everything sends me to Ancestry.com, though, and that place is pretty expensive.

I'm utilizing the Latter Day Saints database, but the information there is pretty rudimentary. I'm getting names, some birth dates, some death dates, and not much more.

Y'all know of any other websites I could use?

I did, I figured out that I'm a direct descendent of the Fraser clan and also related to a few mafia bosses and Einstein haha...

Back
Top Bottom