• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gary Johnson

I know that Gary Johnson has no real chance of winning because most people, myself included, believe a 3rd party candidate has no chance. However, if Johnson can get 10%-15% of the vote then it is a win for the American political process. If Americans see that a political candidate other than D and R had a chance then that thought that only a D or R could diminish and really give a 3rd party a chance in the future.
The only problem with that is we don't have the 50-60 years for a new party to take hold. do you know how much destruction the Democrats will cause in that time?

The only problem with that is we don't have the 50-60 years for a new party to take hold. do you know how much destruction the Democrats will cause in that time?

Probably as much as the Republicans will cause.

So the solution is to reform the GOP. Make it return to solid Conservatism rather than "reach across the aisle" bull**** that burns us every time.

No, we already have a conservative party, and one that doesn't include all of the so called "social" conservative BS that is really just authoritarian liberalism in disguise. It's called the Libertarian Party.

So the solution is to reform the GOP. Make it return to solid Conservatism rather than "reach across the aisle" bull**** that burns us every time.

So has supporting the Status Quo all these decades. Republocrats have forced us into this position we're in now. The solution is not more Republocrats.

Neither Obama nor Romney are talking about balancing the budget anytime REMOTELY soon.

Both have either flipped flopped continually OR have made MANY promises that they did not even come close to keeping and are thus TOTALLY UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Both are 'kick the can down the road'ers who are without honor, discipline or the remotest hint of a backbone.

America is going downhill - fast. Anyone who cannot see that is either monumentally ignorant and/or flat out stupid.

Within a generation, America will be a shell of it's former glory unless drastic actions are taken to restore fiscal sanity and personal responsibility.

Military spending must be drastically slashed and ALL the troops brought home, Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security/welfare must be slashed to provide the minimum of what people need to survive AND NO MORE, the government must stay out of the economy to allow it to start to grow once again beyond a token amount (it will NOT so long as the government/Fed meddles as they presently are) and fiscal responsibility must be of the highest priority - not everyone mooching off of the future.

America has become a country of spoiled, fiscally irresponsible, politically correct mooches.

Do not settle this November - vote for greatness or do not vote at all.

And if any of you think either Obama or Romney are great candidates...look in the mirror - someone who does not understand political righteousness is looking back at you.

Last edited:
Following on DA60's post...

Vote for the only one who has shown an actual understanding of the problems facing this country, the one who actually knows how to fix these problems, and the one who has the spine to do so.

Ron Paul.

(Note: I do not know or assume that DA60 supports Ron Paul, I was just using the vibe of his post. My post was not meant to try and guess where his support lies.)

Vote for the only one who has shown an actual understanding of the problems facing this country, the one who actually knows how to fix these problems, and the one who has the spine to do so.

Ron Paul.

(Note: I do not know or assume that DA60 supports Ron Paul, I was just using the vibe of his post. My post was not meant to try and guess where his support lies.)

Ron Paul is not going to be on the ballot or as a write-in. His supporters need to fall in line behind Gary Johnson if they want waht is closest to Ron's positions.

Ron Paul is not going to be on the ballot or as a write-in. His supporters need to fall in line behind Gary Johnson if they want waht is closest to Ron's positions.

We shall see after the RNC.

We shall see after the RNC.

He lost Nebraska and therefore a speaking spot at the RNC. I'd love to see a delegate battle there but I'm not seeing it. Show me what recent evidence you have otherwise. I'd like to read it.

He lost Nebraska and therefore a speaking spot at the RNC. I'd love to see a delegate battle there but I'm not seeing it. Show me what recent evidence you have otherwise. I'd like to read it.

Here's a good source, even includes earlier media reports saying that he DID have enough states to be nominated LOOONGG before Nebraska.

Media Says Ron Paul Wins Six States, Qualifying for Nomination. Romney Breaks Rules to Deny Speaking Slot.

Relavent quote from the article:

"Even Fox News, of all channels virulently biased against Paul, suffered a fit of honesty in May, when it acknowledged Ron Paul has his five state plurality entitling him to be on the convention ballot."

Here's a good source, even includes earlier media reports saying that he DID have enough states to be nominated LOOONGG before Nebraska.

Media Says Ron Paul Wins Six States, Qualifying for Nomination. Romney Breaks Rules to Deny Speaking Slot.

Relavent quote from the article:

"Even Fox News, of all channels virulently biased against Paul, suffered a fit of honesty in May, when it acknowledged Ron Paul has his five state plurality entitling him to be on the convention ballot."

I'm crossing my fingers without holding much hope though. I love it when the establishment has a monkey wrench thrown into it.

Ron Paul.

Ahh yews, vote for the isolationist who has zero clue on foreign policy except to tuck tail and run from our allies. Terrific!

Ahh yews, vote for the isolationist who has zero clue on foreign policy except to tuck tail and run from our allies. Terrific!

Your calling yourself very Conservative huh?

You can have a foreign policy with regards to moving bases off foreign soil and still support your allies. Using the term "isolationist" is yet another republican way of trying to kill debate with name-calling. The GOP tactic of "if you don't want to debate it, label it and name call it constantly" is tired and needs to die.

Here's a real conservative view and one my uber liberal ass is very in favor of... Just think if you moved our bases back to our shores, the money it would save logistically would be astronomical. Then think of all the money that is spent on bases... now envision all that money being spent on military paychecks and whatnot being spent within the United States rather than in other countries. If you open your eyes to the idea rather than embracing the GOP name-calling, you'd see that it is a very very conservative concept to bring the troops home.

I didn't know non-interventionalism had been so confused with isolationist.

Here let me show you.

North Korea-isolationist, state controlled trade, borders are closed, high tariffs in place
Switzerland-Non-interventionalist, open trade, open borders etc.

See the difference?

Anyways, with that out of the way, onto foreign policy.

who has zero clue on foreign policy except to tuck tail and run from our allies. Terrific!

So you're afraid of being viewed as "weak" then? Do you have any justification of being in our several overseas wars, of having 64k troops in Germany, of still having troops in Japan etc., of spending trillions of dollars on wars, of having thousands of our young soldiers dying overseas, do you have any justification for that at all other than "oh well we gotta look tough right?!?" So what, not our country looks like a 15 yr old male with an inferiority complex, at the cost of trillions of dollars and thousands of dead troops. But at least we "look tough" for the world right?

Your calling yourself very Conservative huh?

You can have a foreign policy with regards to moving bases off foreign soil and still support your allies. Using the term "isolationist" is yet another republican way of trying to kill debate with name-calling. The GOP tactic of "if you don't want to debate it, label it and name call it constantly" is tired and needs to die.

Here's a real conservative view and one my uber liberal ass is very in favor of... Just think if you moved our bases back to our shores, the money it would save logistically would be astronomical. Then think of all the money that is spent on bases... now envision all that money being spent on military paychecks and whatnot being spent within the United States rather than in other countries. If you open your eyes to the idea rather than embracing the GOP name-calling, you'd see that it is a very very conservative concept to bring the troops home.
OK, then the next invasion or nuke attack from an enemy will be on your hands, not mine. I reject isolationism.

I didn't know non-interventionalism had been so confused with isolationist.

Here let me show you.

North Korea-isolationist, state controlled trade, borders are closed, high tariffs in place
Switzerland-Non-interventionalist, open trade, open borders etc.

See the difference?

Anyways, with that out of the way, onto foreign policy.

So you're afraid of being viewed as "weak" then? Do you have any justification of being in our several overseas wars, of having 64k troops in Germany, of still having troops in Japan etc., of spending trillions of dollars on wars, of having thousands of our young soldiers dying overseas, do you have any justification for that at all other than "oh well we gotta look tough right?!?" So what, not our country looks like a 15 yr old male with an inferiority complex, at the cost of trillions of dollars and thousands of dead troops. But at least we "look tough" for the world right?
Ahh so you'd have no problem with another Hitler slaughtering millions of Jews then. Just because we (the US) decided to crawl into our shell and ignore everyone else.

OK, then the next invasion or nuke attack from an enemy will be on your hands, not mine. I reject isolationism.

So instead of thinking, you choose to continue with non-thinking plus name calling... gotcha.

So instead of thinking, you choose to continue with non-thinking plus name calling... gotcha.

Leftist/communist thinking: Agree with us or else!

I stand by this. If we do as that old gink Ron Paul says and pull everyone out from East Bum****ia, and we become a self-lighting parking lot because we don't have that deterrent? The blood of all of the innocent Americans will be on the hands of Leftists/Isolationists exclusively.

Last edited:
Ahh so you'd have no problem with another Hitler slaughtering millions of Jews then. Just because we (the US) decided to crawl into our shell and ignore everyone else.

A name-calling GOP guy evoking Godwin's law. Whodda thunk it?

Back
Top Bottom