• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freddie Gray case: Judge tells deadlocked jurors to keep deliberating[W:192]

Re: Freddie Gray case: Judge tells deadlocked jurors to keep deliberating

At the time it was not.
So just stop with the nonsense.
And if you really want to ridiculously hold those accountable for the legal act of slavery, you need to hold those who sold the slaves in the first place.

You are being completely ridiculous. I suppose you'd let the nazis off the hook for gassing 6m Jews to death.

You are being completely ridiculous. I suppose you'd let the nazis off the hook for gassing 6m Jews to death.
Pardon? Was that legal?

No valid comparison.

Pardon? Was that legal? No valid comparison.

It was at the time. The unveiling of genocide as a crime actually took place during the Nuremberg Trials. Aside from that, I agree with your stance on the issue of reparations. I support one-time reparations for those who were directly harmed i.e. holocaust survivors and former slaves (the last of which died in the 1970s), but not indefinitely for their descendants. No one is entitled to compensation for being born black or Jewish.

Last edited:

You've watched too many movies my friend.
. I'll admit I've seen several documentaries re the holacaust. The neuremberg trial were especially enlightening. Study a little history. It will make you a little more informed.

Apparently so. A German Jew could be shot on sight. Actually any Jew according to German legal scholars.

Law, Justice, and the Holocaust
Oh G_d. Figures. Context is everything.
We are talking about the difference between slavery and killing and a difference in time.

It was at the time. The unveiling of genocide as a crime actually took place during the Nuremberg Trials. Aside from that, I agree with your stance on the issue of reparations. I support one-time reparations for those who were directly harmed i.e. holocaust survivors and former slaves (the last of which died in the 1970s), but not indefinitely for their descendants. No one is entitled to compensation for being born black or Jewish.
D'oh!
That was causally related and shortly after the totality of the acts were discovered.

Last edited:

Oh G_d. Figures. Context is everything.
We are talking about the difference between slavery and killing and a difference in time.

Yeah cause slavery is so much better than killing people. Unless you were a slave and killed by your owner. That would be bad. Also time!

Yeah cause slavery is so much better than killing people. Unless you were a slave and killed by your owner. That would be bad. Also time!

And again that is irrelevant.
Slavery was legal and slaves were property.
At the time you are allowed to do with your property as you wish.

There is no comparison between the two.

Just stop. You should never have gone there as this case has nothing to do with slavery or anyone's views on it.

You should add to your sig

"Slavery it's not like anyone was killed. OK a couple were but they were disobedient!. And Time!"

D'oh! That was causally related and shortly after the totality acts were discovered.

The international community decided to make it a crime for the purpose of those trials because of the totality of the acts, yes, but also because there was no provision in law that made such an act criminal at the time and not for want of historical precedence of such acts.

The international community decided to make it a crime for the purpose of those trials because of the totality of the acts, yes, but also because there was no provision in law that made such an act criminal at the time and not for want of historical precedence of such acts.
You are not saying anything that isn't known.
The acts simply are not comparable.

If you would like to have that debate, start the topic, but as it is, it is off-topic nonsense here.

So how about getting back on topic?

You should add to your sig

"Slavery it's not like anyone was killed. OK a couple were but they were disobedient!. And Time!"
It figures you would provide a nonsensical reply.

Last edited:

You are not saying anything that isn't known.
The acts simply are not comparable.

If you would like to have that debate, start the topic, but as it is it is off-topic nonsense here.

It figures you would provide a nonsensical reply.

You totally changed the topic. You claimed slavery was not illegal and then said its not nearly as bad as killing people. You singlhandedly ruined the topic. You should apologize to the board and enslaved people everywhere past and present.

Edit still no fires in Baltimore

no one cares if you do or not. Literally zero people. Not even your mom.

Then why are you posting to me?

Race issues seem to always morph back to original slavery.

Let's just blame that on Islam like everything else and then we will have a cornucopia.

Edit: the night is still young.

You totally changed the topic. You claimed slavery was not illegal and then said its not nearly as bad as killing people. You singlhandedly ruined the topic. You should apologize to the board and enslaved people everywhere past and present.

Edit still no fires in Baltimore
Oh G_d!
You have no clue as to what you speak. Period.
Not in reference to this case, or your off topic nonsense.

You are the one who brought up slavery by mentioning "reparations", not I.
Nothing I said in response to your broaching that subject was incorrect.
Slavery was legal. Slaves were property. Get over it.

Again.
How about getting back on topic?

Last edited:

Then why are you posting to me?

Because you are such a manly and handsome devil? :mrgreen:

Oh G_d!

You are the one who brought up slavery, not I.

Again.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....this verdict is probably indicative of the results of the remaining 5 trials.

Oh G_d!

You are the one who brought up slavery, not I.

Again.

I'd rather delve deeper into your legal theories on slavery being legal. Juxtapose it with genocide by nazis being illegal and perhaps comment on the legality of killing your "property". Or you could just apologize for silly comment and move on.

Slavery was/is a crime against humanity that has repercussions that last for generations if not centuries. Fortunately that is being partially addressed as the country becomes less and less white.

Okay, we get money from all of humanity and give it to everyone. That would be a waste of time. Lets just keep our own money.

Because you are such a manly and handsome devil? :mrgreen:

Don't even go there. I will make you suffer by sending you PMs of my ex wives naked. You will gouge out your eyes.

. I'll admit I've seen several documentaries re the holacaust. The neuremberg trial were especially enlightening. Study a little history. It will make you a little more informed.

And you will see how one US Layer brought this tu the criminal stage. I was no illegal before that. And set new standards for laws of war.

Apparently so. A German Jew could be shot on sight. Actually any Jew according to German legal scholars.

Law, Justice, and the Holocaust

Sammy!?!?!?!?! I thought you were dead.

dean-martin11.jpg
The only black Jewish guy I know. Great voice.

Back
Top Bottom