• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News: Obamacare Numbers Are 'Phony'

I see conservatives as more emotional. They're always screaming and raging at liberals every time they speak. Anger is an emotion to you know. We liberals tend to be more analytical than you could ever hope to be.

That's true. Extremist right wingers often tend to be angry people, and although they are a minority of our population (the majority of us are just barely to the right of center), they are our most outspoken minority, thus it often seems like they are in the majority. We tally the vote counts, it become more obvious that they are a small minority though.

That's true. Extremist right wingers often tend to be angry people, and although they are a minority of our population (the majority of us are just barely to the right of center), they are our most outspoken minority, thus it often seems like they are in the majority. We tally the vote counts, it become more obvious that they are a small minority though.
Actually he was not talking about extremist right wingers, or even extremist but the majority of conservatives. 9 out of 10 and some other widely generalized claims. You of course are correct and in the same "flip" department, much the same can be said of extremist left wingers, which is something Luftwaffe would do well to incorporate into his repertoire before he graduates high school. ;)

I see conservatives as more emotional. They're always screaming and raging at liberals every time they speak. Anger is an emotion to you know. We liberals tend to be more analytical than you could ever hope to be.

Actually your responses to my posts today seem quite emotional. No offense.

one of the things you do anytime you read a study is critique the construct of the study and the quality of the evidence. Anecdotal evidence is about as reliable as rumors. This is one of the things that make discussing something as complicated as a healthcare system with people who don't understand very basic concepts of science very difficult. But carry on, don't let me interfere with the fantasy thingy.

I repeat.......who elected you are the arbiter of which sources are reliable and which are not?

I agree, but I also see most self proclaimed conservatives as emotional thinkers and not intellectual.

I suspect it depends on what group of liberals or conservatives that we are thinking about.

Another thing, when one labels themselves as liberal or conservative, that means that they tend to allow whatever the standard liberal or conservative platform may be at the time to form their personal opinions, instead of thinking for themselves. I consider that the easy route. It's much harder to think for yourself.

Not in my case. I am not a member of any political party. I am a conservative independant. My philosophy is not based on any political party's platform. The republican platform is closest to my beliefs, however it's only there for window dressing. The republican establishment does not seem to consider itself bound to it.

Hillary Clinton's scream updated - YouTube

It is not a matter of opinion, mine or otherwise, anecdotal evidence is just not...you know, you are right, anecdotal evidence is all you need. My bad.
I repeat.......who elected you are the arbiter of which sources are reliable and which are not?

Back
Top Bottom