• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Vermont state trooper will serve only 30 days in jail after reaching a plea deal for sexually assaulting his girlfriend’s 11 year old daughter.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Still Thursday...

"According to court documents, Todd Chisholm, now 59, had an affair with the child's mother which ended in 1998, during which time he started sexually “grooming” the child.

About four years later, he sexually assaulted the victim, the first time in Vernon, at 11 years old and a second time, also in Vernon, at 14, acts he admitted to in court in front of Windham County Judge John Treadwell.

According to court documents, Chisholm confessed to assaulting the child to the pastor of the Advent Christian Church in Vernon."

Still Thursday...

"According to court documents, Todd Chisholm, now 59, had an affair with the child's mother which ended in 1998, during which time he started sexually “grooming” the child.

About four years later, he sexually assaulted the victim, the first time in Vernon, at 11 years old and a second time, also in Vernon, at 14, acts he admitted to in court in front of Windham County Judge John Treadwell.

According to court documents, Chisholm confessed to assaulting the child to the pastor of the Advent Christian Church in Vernon."

Nice avatar!! Lets Go Mets!

Still Thursday...

On Wednesday, Chisholm, of North Brookfield, Mass., pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of lewd and lascivious behavior with a child, accepting the state's offer of four to five years, all suspended except for 30 days, and six years of probation with no early termination.

On Wednesday, Chisholm, of North Brookfield, Mass., pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of lewd and lascivious behavior with a child, accepting the state's offer of four to five years, all suspended except for 30 days, and six years of probation with no early termination.
I don't get some of these sentences for the all these sex crimes with kids.

The only thing I can ever come up with, and it's assuming, is the prosecutors just don't have enough to take it to trial and want to get some punishment.

The only thing I can ever come up with, and it's assuming, is the prosecutors just don't have enough to take it to trial and want to get some punishment.
I can't imagine being a parent of this child and having to explain to them that their abuser got off with a slap on the wrist. It's just wrong on so many levels. :mad:

I can't imagine being a parent of this child and having to explain to them that their abuser got off with a slap on the wrist. It's just wrong on so many levels. :mad:
I think I read that she's an adult now or at least older and she's going to make a statement at trial. Not sure how I would find it though.

Doesn't look like a Drag Queen to me, so how could a nice straight looking white guy like him be "grooming" kids?

This is the kind of crap you wind up with when you relax morals, ethics, consequences for a person's actions, all types of deviant behaviors. It all leads to more and more conduct like this because people who are prone to this feel they can get away with it of if caught they will not be dealt with harshly.
There are reasons for laws, rules, expectations and penalties.

Still Thursday...

What kind of judge hands out thirty days for rape unless that judge is also a rapist?

It is he said she said most of the time and don't forget that this is a "W" in the DA's record. Politics plays a huge part... probably bigger than justice.

Still Thursday...

He should spend thirty days, or at keast a few minutes, in a wood chipper.

This is the kind of crap you wind up with when you relax morals, ethics, consequences for a person's actions, all types of deviant behaviors. It all leads to more and more conduct like this because people who are prone to this feel they can get away with it of if caught they will not be dealt with harshly.
There are reasons for laws, rules, expectations and penalties.
That's a great point. We don't ever see religious people raping little kids.

The parent of the child was the girlfriend of the abuser...

He should be breaking rocks on a chain gang with other pedophiles.
I have a more humane view - a pedophile is someone who has a sexual orientation where they feel about pre-pubescent children similarly to how others feel about adults in romantic and sexual attraction. I view them as tragic victims in a sense for having that. And I support protecting society from them, trying to help them void harming children, and punishing (imprisoning) them if their condition leads them to crimes against children.

I have a more humane view - a pedophile is someone who has a sexual orientation where they feel about pre-pubescent children similarly to how others feel about adults in romantic and sexual attraction. I view them as tragic victims in a sense for having that. And I support protecting society from them, trying to help them void harming children, and punishing (imprisoning) them if their condition leads them to crimes against children.
Okay--a chain gang in a leper colony.

Back
Top Bottom