• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Democrats blast MIA Gov. Ron DeSantis as Covid cases surge

Then vaccines have no point. The entire point of vaccines is to get herd immunity. If herd immunity isn't working, then well......covid has won. it's endemic. we just have to deal with it.
Then flu shots have no point. Yet, millions are given out each year.

According to who? The highest estimates I've seen are 75-80%.
Hey, I'm not the one who made the statement, take it up with Larry Hogan. Yet he is correct that the unvaccinated make up the large majority of people in the hospital with COVID.

Hey, I'm not the one who made the statement, take it up with Larry Hogan. Yet he is correct that the unvaccinated make up the large majority of people in the hospital with COVID.

That seems to be the case in NY as well. The CDC won't have its national version of hospitalizations by vaccine status data until later this month.

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 10.23.35 AM.png
Source

Maybe he should just resign since he's already been a terrible governor.
Please show me where you've called for Andy Cuomo to resign following revelations of his sexual harassments and covering up nursing home deaths.

Democrats are attacking DeSantis about something?? Theres something you dont see every day
De Santis is so bad at his job, he should’ve had his really scary fascist Florida guard arrest AOC and deport her back to New York for crossing state lines without an omicron test and partying maskless on New Years

De Santis is so bad at his job, he should’ve had his really scary fascist Florida guard arrest AOC and deport her back to New York for crossing state lines without an omicron test and partying maskless on New Years
Thats stupid.

media whores?!? circling like vultures?!? You raging at the media (and probably clouds) doesnt explain the flaming hypocrisy from the right attacking Buttigieg. He never disappeared. DeSantis disappeared. And RV, he could have stayed in touch and still "cared" for his wife. and RV, dont forget DeSantis is not only in charge but he prevented local communities from making their own decisions.

oh and speaking of media whores, I think they were welcome at the super spreader event he and his wife went to without masks.
He didn't even have to give details. It could have just been basically a tweet from his media people saying "The governor needs a couple of weeks to spend time with his wife during her treatments." Done. Doesn't need to say when those treatments are, where they are. Only that this was why he would be away and that there were people he trusted doing whatever needed to be done in the mean time. It would have meant no need to post old photos or massive speculation about his whereabouts.

clearly, they have time to have "fun" while everyone is shut down for their benefit.
Everyone isn't shutdown, and that "fun" actually does help people in a hospital. Sorry that you find it a problem when they are doing things to actually help bring smiles to the faces of their patients and/or cheer up their own days just a little to work to avoid burnout.

Then vaccines have no point. The entire point of vaccines is to get herd immunity. If herd immunity isn't working, then well......covid has won. it's endemic. we just have to deal with it.
After the smallpox vaccine, people still would get smallpox, even those who were vaccinated for it. In fact, the last person to die from smallpox was vaccinated as a child.

That means you can still gain herd immunity from diseases via a vaccine even if the vaccine is not 100%, even if people are still getting the virus if they are vaccinated.

He didn't even have to give details. It could have just been basically a tweet from his media people saying "The governor needs a couple of weeks to spend time with his wife during her treatments." Done. Doesn't need to say when those treatments are, where they are. Only that this was why he would be away and that there were people he trusted doing whatever needed to be done in the mean time. It would have meant no need to post old photos or massive speculation about his whereabouts.

Governor Northam (D) disappeared after catching covid while not wearing a mask in public in the midst of the pandemic and you were mum?

The same clown who was taking selfies with people without masks........................ooooooops!

Please show me where you've called for Andy Cuomo to resign following revelations of his sexual harassments and covering up nursing home deaths.

Whataboutism dismissed. Your deflection is noted. :)

Larry Hogan has stepped outside the pre approved talking points several times, so sadly for him he has no future in GOP politics.

DeSantis on the other hand tap dances for his masters, and reads the scripts written for him. Perfect shill to keep the Trump sheep happy without having Trump on the ticket.

Quelle surprise

Gov DeSantis pontificates when he has “successful” numbers and then eschews the spotlight when they work against him.

Such leadership qualities…

He'll get his goons to cook the books by election time. Guarantee by November the "numbers" will be down again, and his cohorts and handlers will be raving about his "amazing leadership".

clearly, they have time to have "fun" while everyone is shut down for their benefit.
Yes, and why not? You clearly have no idea of the stress, long hours and frustration these dedicated souls have to endure while saving lives. Nurses and doctors are working 70-80 hour weeks during a 'normal' year and far more during this pandemic, to keep folk like you well and for your benefit, but them enjoying a little light relief and you and your entitled whining can't stand it. Pathetic, ignorant and mindless best describe your attitude.

Last edited:
Yes, and why not? You clearly have no idea of the stress, long hours and frustration these dedicated souls have to endure while saving lives. Nurses and doctors are working 70-80 hour weeks during a 'normal' year and far more during this pandemic, to keep folk like you well and for your benefit, but them enjoying a little light relief and you and your entitled whining can't stand it. Pathetic, ignorant and mindless best describe your attitude.
yes, I seem to remember that in my history class "Nero! The city is burning, why are you fiddling?" "Oh, you have any idea how stressful this is? How frustrated i am? aw shucks, ah geez".

yes, I seem to remember that in my history class "Nero! The city is burning, why are you fiddling?" "Oh, you have any idea how stressful this is? How frustrated i am? aw shucks, ah geez".
There were no violins 2000 years ago. What 'school' did you attend?

Does Biden carry dog poop bags and pick up after Commander?Or does he just stuff it in his diaper?
And he's still better than the alternative.

Democrats are attacking DeSantis about something?? Theres something you dont see every day
That's what I was thinking.

Of course the democrats are gonna bash DeSantis. It don't matter what he does or does not do. DeSantis is a Republican. Democrats bash Republicans and Republicans bash Democrats. It's the way of the times. I mean, look at Biden. He is on TV begging people to go with the science, get vaccinated, social distance, etc., (everything the Republicans are NOT doing) and the Republicans STILL bash him on his handling of Covid-19, (when, for the most part, it is THEIR people who are not following Biden's lead and remain unvaccinated and unmasked. And then they blame Biden for their own inactions. The hypocrisy is astounding.)

Back
Top Bottom