• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ezekiel bread

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I was not familiar with this product, and a few days ago, I was visiting some friends for dinner at their house. They told me about this bread, which is kept in the freezer section at one of their local grocers, so I went by there on the way home, and bought some. It's very interesting, and I LOVE it. I want to know how to make it myself. It's pretty pricey, but I eat so little bread that I don't mind paying the extra, but I have a bread maker and the challenge might be fun.

I knew that young sprouted seeds were supposed to be excellent nutritionally, and I've done some sprouting myself, but this bread is supposedly made with sprouted seeds, and has no flour.
Anyone else here tried it? What did you think?

Sprouted Grain Bread | Ezekiel Bread | Sprouted Bread

I was not familiar with this product, and a few days ago, I was visiting some friends for dinner at their house. They told me about this bread, which is kept in the freezer section at one of their local grocers, so I went by there on the way home, and bought some. It's very interesting, and I LOVE it. I want to know how to make it myself. It's pretty pricey, but I eat so little bread that I don't mind paying the extra, but I have a bread maker and the challenge might be fun.

I knew that young sprouted seeds were supposed to be excellent nutritionally, and I've done some sprouting myself, but this bread is supposedly made with sprouted seeds, and has no flour.
Anyone else here tried it? What did you think?

Sprouted Grain Bread | Ezekiel Bread | Sprouted Bread

Religious bread huh? Never heard of it. :lol:

Very interesting.

I've never heard of it, but after doing a little research, and finding out that it's available here locally, I'll get some for Yes Ma'am to try when she has to go back to the B.R.A.T. diet next week. From their web site, it looks like this bread has a lot of things in it that Yes Ma'am currently has to take as a supplement, and although we won't stop those, maybe a natural source will absorb into her system better than the supplements. Well, maybe. Worth a try.

Thank you for posting this.

Very interesting.

I've never heard of it, but after doing a little research, and finding out that it's available here locally, I'll get some for Yes Ma'am to try when she has to go back to the B.R.A.T. diet next week. From their web site, it looks like this bread has a lot of things in it that Yes Ma'am currently has to take as a supplement, and although we won't stop those, maybe a natural source will absorb into her system better than the supplements. Well, maybe. Worth a try.

Thank you for posting this.

They have several different varieties. I bought the "Seven Sprouted Grains", but they have a raisin bread, another whole grain bread, and a couple more that I am forgetting right at the moment. It does need to be kept in the fridge or freezer from what I was told, but it's great tasting imo, and I like the texture. It's a heavy bread, but it doesn't make me feel like I'm grazing from a cattle trough, the way that some grainy breads do. :lol:

Hey! This stuff looks pretty good!

I've more or less laid off bread for the past couple of years but this looks like something worth trying.

Hmmm, factory produced sliced bread? No thanks, I'll stick with fresh, handmade bread at my local bakeshop. ;)

Hmmm, factory produced sliced bread? No thanks, I'll stick with fresh, handmade bread at my local bakeshop. ;)

I agree. My mom gets that Ezekiel bread but I find it to be very dry. I'm more the fresh bread type like you.

It's the best.

The cinn raisin I make pb&j's with

The Sesame for about everything else

yer the type that uses a hammer when a screwdriver is needed, I see...

I agree. My mom gets that Ezekiel bread but I find it to be very dry. I'm more the fresh bread type like you.

Have to toast it english style (on one side) and its great.

I've never seen it here, but I'm a fan of good bread. I'll have to try it.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it might be about Amish Friendship Bread (under another name).

I've never seen it here, but I'm a fan of good bread. I'll have to try it.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it might be about Amish Friendship Bread (under another name).

Nah- just hippie-type health-nut bread. :lol:

Ezekiel bread in it’s earliest form can be found in the Bible in the book of Ezekiel chapter 4, verse 9 which says: “Also take wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and spelt, and put them into one vessel and make bread of them.” In this verse the prophet Ezekiel is told by God to make bread in a certain way and then he lives on water and this bread for 390 days while he resides in the desert. How was this possible? Because this bread with scientific ability today to break down what is present in any food and give its nutrient value, this bread has almost as much protein found in eggs and milk and all 9 essential amino acids our body needs to function. You've all heard "Man can not live by bread alone" well according to the nutritional breakdown if the recipe came from G-d, yes you can.

yer the type that uses a hammer when a screwdriver is needed, I see...
I just like quality over quantity you know, fresh baked bread tastes way better than factory packaged bread. :)

Religions as a marketing ploy cracks me up a bit.

Have some Ezekial Bread with your National Hebrews.

Religions as a marketing ploy cracks me up a bit.

Have some Ezekiel Bread with your National Hebrews.

Ezekiel bread is made from the recipe found in the book of Ezekiel. It isn't religious marketing ploy, it is being descriptive. It also is sold to and marketed towards those who statistically speaking shun religion.

I just like quality over quantity you know, fresh baked bread tastes way better than factory packaged bread. :)

I do too, I use to work at a place that had their baguettes brought in twice a day for freshness. That was even too old as any pâtissier worth his salt knows that a baguette's shelf life is 2 hours max. This is cost prohibitive for many as you can surely understand.

The point was different breads -- like tools -- serve different needs.

Ezekiel bread is made from the recipe found in the book of Ezekiel. It isn't religious marketing ploy, it is being descriptive. It also is sold to and marketed towards those who statistically speaking shun religion.

The way I was raised in the church: God would take serious issue with using anything religious to market a product.

Might as well be laying taxes in the house of the Lord.

The way I was raised in the church: God would take serious issue with using anything religious to market a product.

Ezekiel 4:9

Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side.

but I hear ya, years ago it use to get my dander up when I seen anything labeled "Zen", but now I laugh, and say "Of course!"

Fortunately, I don't care a bit about their religion, or the use of it to sell a product. I just like the product and would buy it if it were made by wiccans, heathens, druids, or people of any other religious persuasion.

YOu won't find anyone who likes wonderful quality bread more than I. This product, regardless of whether I make it myself, or it's made in a factory, is a great product imo.

I love that stuff but I cant hardly eat a whole loaf before it starts growing. I think next loaf I get I will plant a slice.

I love that stuff but I cant hardly eat a whole loaf before it starts growing. I think next loaf I get I will plant a slice.

That's pretty much what I read somewhere, but so far, mine is holding up fine. I just ate a couple of pieces of it toasted with butter, and some honey Greek yogurt. I've been keeping it in the fridge (as opposed to the freezer), and so far, so good. I bought it 9 days ago, and I still have most of the loaf left, because I just don't eat that much bread, but I'm going to try baking a loaf as soon as I get all the ingredients that I will need.

Back
Top Bottom