• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evidence The Titanic Was Sunk on Purpose

Olympic IIRC borrowed a propeller shaft, not a propeller from the allotment meant for Titanic after the collision with the Royal Navy Edgar class Protected Cruiser (not Destroyer) HMS Hawke. One of Olympic's outboard shafts was bent in the collision. About 6 months later Olympic suffered a prop blade failure when on a return trip from New York. This prop was on the central shaft (driven by turbines not reciprocating engines and therefore of different configuration). Olympic at the time of Titanic's sinking had a 4-bladed propeller on her central shaft and this was still fitted at the time of her refit later that year. Titanic according to the builders notes and design drawings was specified with having a very different 3-bladed prop on the central shaft (as an experiment to compare performance to Olympic). Titanic's central shaft prop is not visible at the wreck site.

401 was the yard number. Olympic was a product of yard 400, Titanic of yard 401. Even if a replacement prop had to be made for Olympic because she borrowed one from Titanic the replacement would have been made for Yard 401 and to the design specified for Titanic, which had a different pitch compared to Olympic. But none of that really matters as the wing props were not switched.

At the time of Titanic's sinking Olympic was in the Atlantic on a return trip from New York and was one of the ships that attempted to join the rescue of survivors - but was too late and never made it to the scene.

So how could Olympic be in two places at once?

I could probably keep going but what for? Whoever wrote the crap in the attached image didn't do their homework.

Olympic IIRC borrowed a propeller shaft, not a propeller from the allotment meant for Titanic after the collision with the Royal Navy Edgar class Protected Cruiser (not Destroyer) HMS Hawke. One of Olympic's outboard shafts was bent in the collision. About 6 months later Olympic suffered a prop blade failure when on a return trip from New York. This prop was on the central shaft (driven by turbines not reciprocating engines and therefore of different configuration). Olympic at the time of Titanic's sinking had a 4-bladed propeller on her central shaft and this was still fitted at the time of her refit later that year. Titanic according to the builders notes and design drawings was specified with having a very different 3-bladed prop on the central shaft (as an experiment to compare performance to Olympic). Titanic's central shaft prop is not visible at the wreck site.

401 was the yard number. Olympic was a product of yard 400, Titanic of yard 401. Even if a replacement prop had to be made for Olympic because she borrowed one from Titanic the replacement would have been made for Yard 401 and to the design specified for Titanic, which had a different pitch compared to Olympic. But none of that really matters as the wing props were not switched.

At the time of Titanic's sinking Olympic was in the Atlantic on a return trip from New York and was one of the ships that attempted to join the rescue of survivors - but was too late and never made it to the scene.

I could probably keep going but what for? Whoever wrote the crap in the attached image didn't do their homework.

I fear that the truth will have no effect on conspiracy theorists. Olympic sinking and racing to the rescue at the same time will not bother them.

I just came across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_d_GEy8lr0

They do make a good case. I'm going to sit on the fence for now but if I had to stake my life on it, I'd bet the people who made the video are right.

Check out what is said about the portholes at the 10:00 time mark. Some good points are made at the 47:46 time mark too. Their info about the number on the propeller, the portholes, etc has to be verified I suppose. If it turns out to be true, it closes the case.

Dear god, make it stop.

Is it physical or just psychological mental damage that Cters suffer from?

This thread is just absurd. There is no theory too cockamamie for these loons to buy into.

If the Titanic had as many holes in it as the insurance switch fantasy then it would have sunk when it was launched.

Check this out. The narrator says an M and a P can be seen on the side of the sunken ship.

(49:55 time mark)

I can see what looks like an M but there isn't enough of what he says is a P to be sure it's a P. If that's a P next to the M, the letters are closer together than they are in this footage.
The Olympic Switch Theory: Did the Titanic Really Sink? | William Murdoch

The two sets of footage seem to show different things. I looked for a picture of the Olympic that showed its name to check the spacing on the letters but I couldn't find one.

There seems to be some trickery here. I don't know which side is doing it though and I don't rule out CT side's doing it. Can any objective viewers opine on this?

edit ten minutes later-
--------------------------------

I found this picture which I think is of the stern of the Titanic.
titanic

On second glance, the letters from both sources seem to be spaced about the same distance apart.

another edit-
BBC News - In Pictures: Titanic Remembered

Last edited:
This thread is just absurd. There is no theory too cockamamie for these loons to buy into.

That was already proven when they claimed the Sandy Hook shootings were staged.

I just started a thread on a Titanic forum.
Video: Evidence The Titanic Was Sunk on Purpose

Here's my first post in case it gets deleted.
I came across this video and I want to get some objective analyses on it. This forum seemed like a good place.

I don't simply believe it. I'm sitting on the fence.

The part that's got me wondering is the claim that the letters M and P can be seen at the stern of the wreck. Check it out at the 49:57 time mark.

This video seems to show something different than the other.
http://www.williammurdoch.net/articles_34_Titanic_switch_theory_02.html#19

It looks like there has been some video doctoring somewhere as I can't find the M or the P in the above video.

Can anybody clear this up?

Thanks

Let's see if we get some objective helpful feedback.

Last edited:

You're obviously playing games so this isn't even worth replying to but I'll reply anyway.

If what you say turns out to be true, remember that the theory is that the ships were switched; what we're told was the Olympic would have been the Titanic with the Olympic's name on it.

I just started a thread on a Titanic forum.
Video: Evidence The Titanic Was Sunk on Purpose

Here's my first post in case it gets deleted.

Let's see if we get some objective helpful feedback.

You have already had it. Give me some objective feedback on this. How could the Olympic sink to the bottom of the sea and rush to the rescue at the same time?

You're obviously playing games so this isn't even worth replying to but I'll reply anyway.

If what you say turns out to be true, remember that the theory is that the ships were switched; what we're told was the Olympic would have been the Titanic with the Olympic's name on it.

You call that objective? We are told? Told by who and where is the proof?

Check this out. The narrator says an M and a P can be seen on the side of the sunken ship.

(49:55 time mark)

I can see what looks like an M but there isn't enough of what he says is a P to be sure it's a P. If that's a P next to the M, the letters are closer together than they are in this footage.

The two sets of footage seem to show different things. I looked for a picture of the Olympic that showed its name to check the spacing on the letters but I couldn't find one.

There seems to be some trickery here. I don't know which side is doing it though and I don't rule out CT side's doing it. Can any objective viewers opine on this?

edit ten minutes later-

I found this picture which I think is of the stern of the Titanic.
titanic

On second glance, the letters from both sources seem to be spaced about the same distance apart.

another edit-
BBC News - In Pictures: Titanic Remembered

All points are answered here.

It's not an uninformed CT site so you will probably ignore it. Anything on a CT is worthy of consideration but sites with real facts about the Titanic can be dismissed. You fell off the fence on to the CT side a while back.

If the Titanic was capable of steaming to the rescue os the stricken and switched Olympic then why wasn't she capable of making the maiden voyage? If the whole thing was planned then why wasn't the Titanic close enough to save the passengers? Somebody has not thought this through.

They did have that in mind with the whole boiler thing in the idea of the fire with coal thing apparently in number ten... Why was he so defensive about his testimony? After, reading the guy he brought up testimony makes me wonder, why he seemed so defensive about his recounting of the events that led up to hitting the iceberg. They also wanted to save money due to the bussiness going down thus didn't invest in that many life boats. In fact, I beleive their is evidence of Life boats being tested for seventy men but they where loading said lifeboats with twelve people at a time during the sinking.....

The reason why the first few lifeboats were launched with few people on them was because none of the passengers believed that the titanic was sinking.

The reason why the first few lifeboats were launched with few people on them was because none of the passengers believed that the titanic was sinking.
I do know that but Andrews himself set the dude loading the boat straight, according to witness...I do understand that a few witness described such an event happening. I also know people last saw Andrews in a small deck office or the parlor or something. He stayed during the sinking of the ship, I find amaizng. I also find it amazing the stroke of luck the friends of J.p Morgan had, when they canceled their tickets before the ship Ill faded voyage.

Last edited:

You know the true story of the Titanic.

I do know that but Andrews himself set the dude loading the boat straight, according to witness...

The lifeboats on the Titanic. Good. We're getting somewhere at last. Are you ever going to address any of the points that we have made?

"Why so few lifeboats? Well, believe it or not, the Titanic actually exceeded the number of lifeboats required by the Board of Trade at that time. The regulations, ratified in 1894, applied to ships of 10,000 gross tons or larger. As ships increased in size over the years, the lifeboat requirements stayed the same. The Titanic was designed to carry a total of 48 lifeboats, but the White Star Line decided that passenger comfort was most important. They believed that an increase in the number of lifeboats (beyond 20) would have cluttered the decks and taken up valuable space. Harland and Wolff tried to persuade the White Star Line to install more lifeboats, but eventually gave up the fight. As they say, "the customer is always right".

"When the lifeboat needs were finalized, the general feeling was that the modern ship was engineered and built so well that even if a ship was in a situation where it might sink, there would be plenty of time for other ships in the area to come to the rescue. It was also believed that the main purpose of the lifeboats was to ferry passengers and crew from the distressed ship to the rescue ship(s). The Titanic tragedy prompted laws requiring that ships carry enough lifeboats for all passengers and crew."

Interesting Facts

The lifeboats on the Titanic. Good. We're getting somewhere at last. Are you ever going to address any of the points that we have made?
Which points are that exactly?

Which points are that exactly?

Let's start with how the Olympic could perform the remarkable feat of sinking and racing to the rescue at the same time. Then the propeller number. Then the veranda that was added. Then why Captain Smith agreed to commit suicide. Then how did the first officer judge the collision so exactly. Minor points like that.

"Why so few lifeboats? Well, believe it or not, the Titanic actually exceeded the number of lifeboats required by the Board of Trade at that time. The regulations, ratified in 1894, applied to ships of 10,000 gross tons or larger. As ships increased in size over the years, the lifeboat requirements stayed the same. The Titanic was designed to carry a total of 48 lifeboats, but the White Star Line decided that passenger comfort was most important. They believed that an increase in the number of lifeboats (beyond 20) would have cluttered the decks and taken up valuable space. Harland and Wolff tried to persuade the White Star Line to install more lifeboats, but eventually gave up the fight. As they say, "the customer is always right".

"When the lifeboat needs were finalized, the general feeling was that the modern ship was engineered and built so well that even if a ship was in a situation where it might sink, there would be plenty of time for other ships in the area to come to the rescue. It was also believed that the main purpose of the lifeboats was to ferry passengers and crew from the distressed ship to the rescue ship(s). The Titanic tragedy prompted laws requiring that ships carry enough lifeboats for all passengers and crew."

Interesting Facts
That's odd, I heard differently myself that they were under the limit and according to testimony from Ismay he asked that the titanic not to have that many lifeboats so it wouldn't scare the passangers.....

Back
Top Bottom