• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Is Beating Joe Biden Among Educated Voters--Newsweek (1 Viewer)

I would have hoped that the educated in this country might have ridden to our rescue from a Trump 2nd presidency but such is not the case according to a new poll from Newsweek. And I would have hoped that given such a startling finding, the difference between the two candidates might have been just a fraction of a point or so. But no, Trump leads by 52.7 to Biden's 47.3. That out of the margin of error. It appears that despite his accomplishments as president, Biden is losing out to Trump because of his few losses against a string of wins. Clearly these people aren't voting for Trump as much as they are voting against Biden. I think the Dems had better start talking to Biden about dropping out of the race for the good of the country and find someone with the star power of Michelle Obama to replace him (Michelle insists she's not interested in the job and doesn't intend to seek office).

Donald Trump, despite being the most hateful, most incompetent, most corrupt, most degenerate (and I could go on) person on the planet, Americans are still stupid enough to put him back in the White House. I'll say it again, if Americans are that lamebrained then they deserve him. Give him to them. I'm old and pretty financially secure, certainly enough to keep my wife and I from landing on the streets when Trump crashes the economy. A Trump presidency cannot hurt me anywhere near as bad as the working stiffs struggling to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Hang on to this sorry poll for dear life....there is no way in HELL that Trump is going to win among educated voters.

Trump did not even win among WHITE educated voters in 2020, and it will be worse for him 2024 after Jan 6 and after the Dobbs abortion decision.

Lets see...the left has.......

Retards that will vote for a steaming pile of shit with a D next to its name and
Desperation to be able to kill babies for the crime of inconvenience...

and against that they have to contend with an incompetent incumbent clown that has completely ****ed over the country at all levels. That compared to the evil specter of the bad orange man grabbing them by their ******s.

SO one might see why even liberals might choose one over the other.

I understand the appeal of MAGA and why they are beating Dems in the presidential polls (even if it's within typical margins for error of 3% in many polls-of-polls).

However (and I won't refer to Trump himself) - the MAGA movement and more importantly, those behind it like billionaires working together/Heritage Foundation et al; such presents serious dangers to the fabric of the country - and to the stability of the RoW.

I understand voting 3rd party or even not voting, but you would never, ever catch me voting Dem - or for that matter, Keir Starmer's Labour over in England either. They really do, as a movement, represent the very worst excesses of Neoliberalism - support for genocide in Gaza, support for unfettered corporatism etc - that doesn't mean I'm a raging progressive lefty because I'm very much opposed to that ideology too - but there is some kind middle ground between all those extremes somewhere out there..

Nope. Not even in real dollar terms.
But at any rate, the claim that the economy was never better than under Trump is false. We are doing much better now- by almost any metric.
You're not getting it.
"was"never better"...... like at the time do you get that?

But we're not doing better now at the one metric that counts real incomes.
And that no reason to put a rapist back in the White House out of desperation.
Hearsay

If the polls were inconsistent, that would be one thing, but they've been consistently showing that there's a real danger of Trump winning back the White House. I concede that polls can be wrong, but I don't think that the entirety of polling data over the last 6 months can be ignored.
Yeah, I think there's something there. It's hysterically funny to me that out of a country of 330m people and possible candidates, we may end up with Trump...again. There's just some dark humor there I can't avoid. Should he win, I will get the following t-shirt made:

8p7ut6.jpg

The economy was literally never better than it was under trump.
This is one of those Big Lies that Trump keeps repeating over and over and over ad nauseam ala Goebbels until people begin to believe it's the truth. Trump was big on learning Nazi techniques for putting big lies over on the American people and it seems to have served him well. Trump inherited a good economy under Obama, he passed the 2017 gargantuan tax cuts that gave billions to the big guys and a pot of piss to the little guys and then he led the US into a near-collapse with his inept handling of the Coronavirus crisis, and brought on the worst inflation since the 80's when Ronald "trickle all over you" Reagan drove the US economy into the ditch with his tax giveaways for the wealthy and serving up a plate of sh*t for the little people. It's ALWAYS the Republicans who train-wreck the economy and the Democrats will bail it out and these stupid-ass Americans can't remember any of this to save their miserable worthless lives. Incredible!

Then they are not educated. Pretty simple.

True. And no truly educated, decent person could support the monstrous demented feces puppet Biden either! Pretty simple.

Yeah, I think there's something there. It's hysterically funny to me that out of a country of 330m people and possible candidates, we may end up with Trump...again. There's just some dark humor there I can't avoid. Should he win, I will get the following t-shirt made:

8p7ut6.jpg
I am certain that 30, 50, 100 years from now, historians will be studying the Trump years like we've studied the McCarthy years, and McCarthyism, and wonder how in the world did so many Americans give so much power to such an obvious conman that played upon their worst fears, as well as inventing others they didn't even have.

True. And no truly educated, decent person could support the monstrous demented feces puppet Biden either! Pretty simple.
?????
monstrous????
demented????
Puppet???

You cannot rationally support ANY of these claims. If you prove me wrong on any of these, I will concede....

?????
monstrous????
demented????
Puppet???

You cannot rationally support ANY of these claims. If you prove me wrong on any of these, I will concede....

:poop:

:rolleyes:

Ime, NOTHING dementia Joe Biden could do would deter you from cheerleading for him and the Democrat shit puppets. ugh..
I do not support either party------and I am a Republican at the moment. I look fairly at everyone. It seems you are not that way.

This is one of those Big Lies that Trump keeps repeating over and over and over ad nauseam ala Goebbels until people begin to believe it's the truth. Trump was big on learning Nazi techniques for putting big lies over on the American people and it seems to have served him well. Trump inherited a good economy under Obama, he passed the 2017 gargantuan tax cuts that gave billions to the big guys and a pot of piss to the little guys and then he led the US into a near-collapse with his inept handling of the Coronavirus crisis, and brought on the worst inflation since the 80's when Ronald "trickle all over you" Reagan drove the US economy into the ditch with his tax giveaways for the wealthy and serving up a plate of sh*t for the little people. It's ALWAYS the Republicans who train-wreck the economy and the Democrats will bail it out and these stupid-ass Americans can't remember any of this to save their miserable worthless lives. Incredible!
Their prediction for Clinton: If elected, he will wreck the economy and usher in the next great recession.

Their prediction for Obama: If elected, he will wreck the economy and usher in the next great recession.

The reality of course, was the exact opposite. Yet they continue to make the same prediction every election cycle.

I do not support either party------and I am a Republican at the moment. I look fairly at everyone. It seems you are not that way.

:rolleyes:

I have looked and looked for years and found exceedingly few Republicrats who are not shit puppets. I sense that you may have very very low standards.

I agree that the GOP are puppets under Trump, certainly. It is repulsive.
So, who do you support???

The Republicrats [R/D] are puppet$ under the Plutocrat$ who control 'our' stinking monetary order.

Nobody so far deserves my support.

If the polls were inconsistent, that would be one thing, but they've been consistently showing that there's a real danger of Trump winning back the White House. I concede that polls can be wrong, but I don't think that the entirety of polling data over the last 6 months can be ignored.
There is a very rough (literal) report card out for Biden today, from a highly respected pollster. Biden's own incumbent performance is his very worst enemy. The full TIPP article is linked.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 100153.png

Shocking, isn't it? I am convinced people don't like Trump but they dislike Biden even more, even though Biden has delivered far more of his promises to American than Trump could ever hoped to.
Then "his promises" weren't and aren't what Americans think are important. See comment 43.

The Republicrats [R/D] are puppet$ under the Plutocrat$ who control 'our' stinking monetary order.

Nobody so far deserves my support.
Then who would get your vote??

If you vote for trump, then you help Biden, and vice versa.......
If you vote for no one, then you help the worst candidate win

Shocking, isn't it? I am convinced people don't like Trump but they dislike Biden even more, even though Biden has delivered far more of his promises to American than Trump could ever hoped to.

We are a starstruck nation that votes charisma and personality, not competence. Say what you will about Trump but he obviously has got "something" that appeals to people. It's how Ronald Reagan won and then shafted the American economy with his trickle down economics. Americans would vote Puff Daddy into office over an ethical competent but ultimately boring candidate like Mitt Romney. The American people obviously want to be "entertained" with another sh*t-show like Trump put on in 2016-2021. So give it to them. Americans elect the President they deserve.
no one is starstruck by Trump. People just hate Biden's and the democrat's "policies" that much,

no one is starstruck by Trump. People just hate Biden's and the democrat's "policies" that much,
No one is starstruck by Trump? Where have you been for the last 9 years.

Could someone who hates all of Biden's policies actually articulate one? Not a distorted philosophy position, or idiotic talking points like "open borders," but an actual policy and how high on the list of important issues it ranks?

No one is starstruck by Trump? Where have you been for the last 9 years.

Could someone who hates all of Biden's policies actually articulate one? Not a distorted philosophy position, or idiotic talking points like "open borders," but an actual policy and how high on the list of important issues it ranks?
The borders are way too open for my liking, so that is one. Sorry if you don't like the issues on the table.

his mealy mouthed attempts to buy votes of young voters also rings true.

Foreign policy is in shambles on several fronts.

I think the Dems had better start talking to Biden about dropping out of the race for the good of the country and find someone with the star power of Michelle Obama to replace him (Michelle insists she's not interested in the job and doesn't intend to seek office).

It's probably too late for that, and Michelle Obama has repeatedly made it clear she has zero interest in running for public office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom